Celtic v Aberdeen, Premiership Saturday 9 March 3pm - all comments here

Take your point but we might need the youngsters to hold the line towards the end of the season a notorious time for injuries,first team players coming back from injury have time to recover and are not under pressure to get back too soon by useing the younger players comeing through

If they could hold the line that would be great. The truth is they can’t. In the last ten years we have KT, brilliant. Forrest(inconsistent to the point of exasperation) McGreggor a mainstay. That’s it. In ten years three players. That is a shocking return, with only KT who we could say would be a first team pick anywhere.

None of the young ones coming through now I think will establish themselves as first team players. Not one. I hope I’m wrong but I just don’t see them as good enough, unless we as a team don’t want to be good enough.

Watching the reserves, only two look to have a chance. Wee Dembelle and Oflex. In all that time we have never produced a top class CB. Or a top class right back. Ralston to me isn’t good enough either, no matter how much we wish he was. And I do. I love his attitude and willingness to get stuck in, but he has major flaws in his reading of the game defensively. Gets caught out of position too often.

Strikers? None of them since Nicholas have been class. Not one. It is probably the whole country isn’t producing real class. That’s a difference we have with teams like Ajax. Similar resources but acfar suoerior group of young players.

Most of our young players end up at the Dundee’s of this world. That’s a major problem and reinforces the need to buy for the simple reason, what we are turning out at Lennoxtown just aren’t good enough.

It seems the targets set for the Academy are one truly class player every decade. KT holds that. Dembelle I hope will be the next, but watch the reserves and there is fuck all. And if anybody disagrees then I will bet that other than Dembelle and possibly Ofkex not one of them succeeds in being a first team cert.

Rogers bought about 20 players, of which 15 we would fall projects. If he felt that the academy was producing enough talent he wouldn’t have. The fact he felt he needed to tells you all you need to know.

I wish we did have young players to hold the line, but wishing doesn’t make them good enough. It means we have to buy. That’s sad, but, it’s just a consequence of producing players who can’t take us forward and improve us. And all the wishing in the world hasn’t changed that.

It's time to end the Burke project. Not ever good enough for c.f.. Always a vanity project. Vanity is now a long lòoked for thing of the past. Let's get this championship over the line and rebuild in the near future. NL was always going to reinstate Button to midfield given his familiarity with what the player brings and the available options he has, in that area. All the balls are up on the air at the moment, with management choice and type of regime to be decided. Much will depend, style wise in the choices made in team selection from now until the championship is won, and then beyond.. We neither extended our lead at the top nor lost ground and I feel glad of this if not over the moon about the overall performance. The sheepish went man for man against us again, reminding me of last year's cup final, glad if they do the same to servo on Wednesday night.

If they could hold the line that would be great. The truth is they can’t. In the last ten years we have KT, brilliant. Forrest(inconsistent to the point of exasperation) McGreggor a mainstay. That’s it. In ten years three players. That is a shocking return, with only KT who we could say would be a first team pick anywhere.

None of the young ones coming through now I think will establish themselves as first team players. Not one. I hope I’m wrong but I just don’t see them as good enough, unless we as a team don’t want to be good enough.

Watching the reserves, only two look to have a chance. Wee Dembelle and Oflex. In all that time we have never produced a top class CB. Or a top class right back. Ralston to me isn’t good enough either, no matter how much we wish he was. And I do. I love his attitude and willingness to get stuck in, but he has major flaws in his reading of the game defensively. Gets caught out of position too often.

Strikers? None of them since Nicholas have been class. Not one. It is probably the whole country isn’t producing real class. That’s a difference we have with teams like Ajax. Similar resources but acfar suoerior group of young players.

Most of our young players end up at the Dundee’s of this world. That’s a major problem and reinforces the need to buy for the simple reason, what we are turning out at Lennoxtown just aren’t good enough.

It seems the targets set for the Academy are one truly class player every decade. KT holds that. Dembelle I hope will be the next, but watch the reserves and there is fuck all. And if anybody disagrees then I will bet that other than Dembelle and possibly Ofkex not one of them succeeds in being a first team cert.

Rogers bought about 20 players, of which 15 we would fall projects. If he felt that the academy was producing enough talent he wouldn’t have. The fact he felt he needed to tells you all you need to know.

I wish we did have young players to hold the line, but wishing doesn’t make them good enough. It means we have to buy. That’s sad, but, it’s just a consequence of producing players who can’t take us forward and improve us. And all the wishing in the world hasn’t changed that.
You points are well made however If we don't give youngsters a chance Henderson Ralston. And others of thier group may only make it to the Dundee,s and Hamiltons but at least they have been given thier chance if you look around the leaguesyou will see many of our ex young players and one or two we wished we had held on too,yes Rodgers bought in a lot of players but not all were a success,give youth a chance we need if football is to survive

You points are well made however If we don't give youngsters a chance Henderson Ralston. And others of thier group may only make it to the Dundee,s and Hamiltons but at least they have been given thier chance if you look around the leaguesyou will see many of our ex young players and one or two we wished we had held on too,yes Rodgers bought in a lot of players but not all were a success,give youth a chance we need if football is to survive

We give it a chance, but it’s fucking dire. We have about two players in the academy, the rest could fuck of tomorrow and not one difference would it make to the first team as they will never be good enough. A total Fucking waste of money.

And it has been for decades. The return is shocking. The facts speak for themselves. I’m not making this up.

Where do you think Forest and KT Christe and Mc Ginn etc came from if we did not have our youth system they could have been lost, It may be costly but it is productive,if we are not careful and lose the feeder system we could lose a lot of talent to why bother,with youth of to day into every computer based game you can think of we need to give everyone who comes to Celtic a beleave that they matter to the club

Where do you think Forest and KT Christe and Mc Ginn etc came from if we did not have our youth system they could have been lost, It may be costly but it is productive,if we are not careful and lose the feeder system we could lose a lot of talent to why bother,with youth of to day into every computer based game you can think of we need to give everyone who comes to Celtic a beleave that they matter to the club

I never said we don’t produce any. I’m saying we have three, don’t know why you are mentioning Christie, we bought him, so we have three players in the last ten years. That’s shit.

We haven’t in all that time produced a CB a Right back, a goalie, a striker who are class players.

Someone said we produce more players for professional leagues. Aye, again that’s what I said. The overwhelming number of players play for other teams not as good as ours. The same structure let Robertson go, and others we can name if we could be arse’s looking. The bottom line is we produce players for the Dundee’s of this world. 3 players in any team over the last ten years? If anybody thinks that’s a youth system that will move us up is as deluded as any sevconian thinking they would get 55 every year since they were brought back from the grave.

If we had the strength Rogers wouldn’t have brought in so many projects. The fact he did shows clearly that whatever the fuck we are producing it’s not good enough to get into the team. That’s just the facts. Wishing it was better and worse claiming it is, is head in the sand. Of the current crop OFlex and Dembelle are the only ones with a chance. And I’m not 100% sure of OFkex making it either as a first team pick.

You seem to have a strong opinion against the youth system but I still say we need it and if we are supplying other teams good because if we stop the youth where are the new players come from?? Should we do a pre sevco and buy in players who may or not fit into the team I think to end this discussion I have agree to disagree with you

Members online

Latest posts

Back