Celtic v Aberdeen - Scottish Cup semi-final, Hampden, 14 October - all comments here

Bain

Jozo, Ajer, Benkovic

Jamesy, Christie, Broony, Calmac, KT

French Eddie, Burke

That will work against Aberdeen and get us to the final.

Prediction? If Celtic plat two up top, we'll win 2-0....Your thoughts?

I like 2-0 Hoops -- I like Lubos' 24-0 better (definitely a good time for it!) -- but I would like to see Lenny show a little independence and start Weah instead of Burke. Otherwise, I like your lineup, Captain. :D

I like 2-0 Hoops -- I like Lubos' 24-0 better (definitely a good time for it!) -- but I would like to see Lenny show a little independence and start Weah instead of Burke. Otherwise, I like your lineup, Captain. :D
Weah instead of Burke all day,but think he'll start with Sinclair
Bain
back 3 look solid
midfield aye
Eddy,Sinclair
24-0 Lubo!

Aberdeen have gotten lucky against us so far this season-

Shut the door in Sptember only to be undone by a brilliant bit of Sincy improv, with a backheel winner.

Tight League Cup final, undone by Christie's wits.

Ding-dong at Pittodrie on Boxing Day, tired and sluggish Celtic saved by Sincy hat-trick and French Eddy outstanding cameo in a 4-3.

Snuffed us out in March for a 0-0 at CP.

They're due a slump, we're due a break in front of goal. Scarcity of Celtic scorers recently means only one thing - there's a landslide coming soon...

Hopefully Sunday; I can't see our players go out there with anything less than the scent of the Triple Rebel Treble and the buzz to get there.

I also think Aberdeen will be less cautious than usual, given their recent form against us and will leave a few more gaps than is their custom.

If we score early (within first half-hour) 3-0 the Hoops.

O have to be honest I think we'll get beat on Sunday. Just a feeling. If they have a go rather than do the usual man Mark and hope for the best we could be vulnerable. We have an underlying malaise the sheer effort is overcoming. If it's 0-0 at h/t we're in soapy. Fingers crossed I'm wrong

Aberdeen have gotten lucky against us so far this season-

Shut the door in Sptember only to be undone by a brilliant bit of Sincy improv, with a backheel winner.

Tight League Cup final, undone by Christie's wits.

Ding-dong at Pittodrie on Boxing Day, tired and sluggish Celtic saved by Sincy hat-trick and French Eddy outstanding cameo in a 4-3.

Snuffed us out in March for a 0-0 at CP.

They're due a slump, we're due a break in front of goal. Scarcity of Celtic scorers recently means only one thing - there's a landslide coming soon...

Hopefully Sunday; I can't see our players go out there with anything less than the scent of the Triple Rebel Treble and the buzz to get there.

I also think Aberdeen will be less cautious than usual, given their recent form against us and will leave a few more gaps than is their custom.

If we score early (within first half-hour) 3-0 the Hoops.

Thanks Sandman for your excellent and most rational and positive post.

Your post helped me to not be so afraid as I was tbh scared to death about Sunday’s game.

Your words the scent of the Triple Rebel Treble done it for me.

Score prediction with my new positive head on is 3.1 HH

A week is a long time in politics and football.

After the euphoria of beating the Rangers, followed by a decent win at St Mirren (doing something else Rodgers failed to do earlier in the season), Neil Lennon has had his credentials for getting the Celtic job on a permanent basis challenged after that frustrating goalless draw against Livingston. If you watch the SPFL highlights you'll see at least half a dozen great chances to score, Eddie had a couple, Rogic should have scored, James was unlucky and Burke seems to lose all sense of where the goals were in the last few seconds. How annoying!

AVB and Martinez have both come in on the betting and for the first time since taking over as Interim Manager, Neil Lennon is current not the bookies favourite to get the job on a permanent basis.

But he'll be thinking that that can change if he can win on Sunday and take us to the Scottish Cup Final on 25 May when an historic treble treble can be secured. The euphoria would be back just as he sits down for his interview.

So beating Aberdeen on Sunday is huge for Neil Lennon personally and also for Celtic.

The formation against Livingston was puzzling. We seemed to have one too many midfielders and were a striker short. Let's play 3 5 2

Bain

Jozo, Ajer, Benkovic

Jamesy, Christie, Broony, Calmac, KT

French Eddie, Burke

That will work against Aberdeen and get us to the final.

Prediction? If Celtic plat two up top, we'll win 2-0....Your thoughts?
I hope Burke doesn't play as i personally don't rate him highly. Poor touches when it matters and little composure in front of goal. Rather see Weah play. Much better all round player and a genuine threat.
HH?

Sandmans right, the players know 2 more victories in the cup, and we set a record that will never be matched in my lifetime with a triple treble. Unless Pep decides he's sick of the weather in Manchester and is looking for somewhere even more bleak weather wise, and a 100 million budget from PL at his disposal, then I really can see our cup runs coming to an end next season.
The law of averages is stacking up heavily against us now, I think the cup runs have been the most remarkable thing about our success because it only takes a wee slip up or a bit of mibbery, and you're out on your arse.
So pretty please Celtic, with a cherry on top, give us 2 more wins in the cup this season, and I'll forgive anything that happens in the cup next year right now, if we don't do it, I thank you now for this amazing run in the cups. 2-1 Celtic.

We need to get at them early, get on top and take the ref out of the game, this clown has a habit of stopping the pace of Celtic which suits the sheep, and we all know what will happen if its even late on.

If Lenny gets the team right and with Shinnie missing from their midfield I think we will get over the line with a couple to spare.

My hope for the team would be 4231.

Bain

Mik jozo Ajer Kt

Broonie n Ollie

Jamsie CALMAC Christie.

Eddie.

With Timo Tom and Sinky on the bench I feel that team would beat the ref and the sheep.

I would start Weah on the left. Ball has been playing RB for them and Timo's pace and movement could cause him problems playing out of position. In the midfield three its a straight choice between Christie and Nthcam, Rogic is so far off the pace and out of form he cant be considered as a started.

Bain
Lustig Ajer Benkovic Tierney
McGregor Brown Christie/Ntcham
Forrest Edouard Weah

Subs DeVries Simunovic Hayes Christie/Ntcham Rogic Sinclair Burke

Forrest has been there for some very cool finishes recently, but the build up work was done by others. Forrest has created very little else by his own standards recently. Great player but wonder is he carrying an injury or just a bit intimidated by the constant hacking of him.

Burke never was a striker, that was Rodgers weird idea! he is not being used with the skill he has got, on the wing Agathe mode. limited but explosive player that is very difficult to stop and always puts pressure on a defence. So if playing both then play Burke on the wing and free up Forrest to roam or and likely better idea, use the pair in match rotation.

No point keep trying the rodgers experiment of playing Burke in a position he is not made for, as that experiment is now well tried and does not work very well.
Burke out wide on the wing for this using a wide pitch and he will rip them apart, if only to free up other more creative front players like RC.
Good fast attacking wingers terrify defenders, what Sinclair did for us first season, taking out 2 or 3 of their defenders and their defence system out the window just trying to cope with him.
Have Weah and Burke wide on the wings attacking them every opportunity, they won't know what hit them, its time now for Lenny to stop following Rodgers or Kennedy's ideas.

Last edited:
I would start Weah on the left. Ball has been playing RB for them and Timo's pace and movement could cause him problems playing out of position. In the midfield three its a straight choice between Christie and Nthcam, Rogic is so far off the pace and out of form he cant be considered as a started.

Bain
Lustig Ajer Benkovic Tierney
McGregor Brown Christie/Ntcham
Forrest Edouard Weah

Subs DeVries Simunovic Hayes Christie/Ntcham Rogic Sinclair Burke
Good team!?Would drop Ntcham to the bench ,hes got the talent but think he lacks heart and noticed he's no keen on the 50/50s.

I think the heightened level of nerves over this game is symptomatic of our season from the summer onward. The team have looked jaded and although a treble treble is a real possibility, it won’t be achieved with the swashbuckling swagger of the first one.

It’s a time for seeing the finishing line and forcing ourselves over it. I definitely think this is the best chance Aberdeen have had, not because they have got better, rather we have stalled, and that should be a lesson as we head into the summer window. Getting a historic TT without additions to the squad will be a great achievement. I actually think we will play well and gub them. Very important how we start, an early goal means they need to come out and hopefully we will punish them.

It’s a day for our players to stand up and take them on, not pass it back or sideways for someone else to try which is too often taken.

4.0 for me. Let’s take these cunts to the fucking cleaners. If we do we will sicken more than just the Dandies. That’s a good day.

I am raging that the game is on that bastard Premium channel though. Disgraceful.

Members online

Latest posts

Back