Celtic v Aberdeen - Scottish Cup semi-final, Hampden, 14 October - all comments here

A week is a long time in politics and football.

After the euphoria of beating the Rangers, followed by a decent win at St Mirren (doing something else Rodgers failed to do earlier in the season), Neil Lennon has had his credentials for getting the Celtic job on a permanent basis challenged after that frustrating goalless draw against Livingston. If you watch the SPFL highlights you'll see at least half a dozen great chances to score, Eddie had a couple, Rogic should have scored, James was unlucky and Burke seems to lose all sense of where the goals were in the last few seconds. How annoying!

AVB and Martinez have both come in on the betting and for the first time since taking over as Interim Manager, Neil Lennon is current not the bookies favourite to get the job on a permanent basis.

But he'll be thinking that that can change if he can win on Sunday and take us to the Scottish Cup Final on 25 May when an historic treble treble can be secured. The euphoria would be back just as he sits down for his interview.

So beating Aberdeen on Sunday is huge for Neil Lennon personally and also for Celtic.

The formation against Livingston was puzzling. We seemed to have one too many midfielders and were a striker short. Let's play 3 5 2

Bain

Jozo, Ajer, Benkovic

Jamesy, Christie, Broony, Calmac, KT

French Eddie, Burke

That will work against Aberdeen and get us to the final.

Prediction? If Celtic plat two up top, we'll win 2-0....Your thoughts?
I know I'm gonna re

After the euphoria of beating the Rangers, followed by a decent win at St Mirren (doing something else Rodgers failed to do earlier in the season), Neil Lennon has had his credentials for getting the Celtic job on a permanent basis challenged after that frustrating goalless draw against Livingston. If you watch the SPFL highlights you'll see at least half a dozen great chances to score, Eddie had a couple, Rogic should have scored, James was unlucky and Burke seems to lose all sense of where the goals were in the last few seconds. How annoying!

AVB and Martinez have both come in on the betting and for the first time since taking over as Interim Manager, Neil Lennon is current not the bookies favourite to get the job on a permanent basis.

But he'll be thinking that that can change if he can win on Sunday and take us to the Scottish Cup Final on 25 May when an historic treble treble can be secured. The euphoria would be back just as he sits down for his interview.

So beating Aberdeen on Sunday is huge for Neil Lennon personally and also for Celtic.

The formation against Livingston was puzzling. We seemed to have one too many midfielders and were a striker short. Let's play 3 5 2

Bain

Jozo, Ajer, Benkovic

French Eddie, Burke

Bain

Jozo, Ajer, Benkovic

French Eddie, Burke

I know I'm gonna regret this but here goes!!!! well why the 14th October????

Sorry guys but Burke has pace nothing else overrated shows how he has never been in any first team for reasonable amount of time Bain Lustig Bencovic Ajer Tierney Forrest Brown Christie Mcgregor Weah Edourad

I think the level of nerves we feel tells a story. Who was nervous in the same way last year? Not many. We are not firing, that’s been a feature for most of the season. Losing good players, a mountain of injuries, no additions to our squad, Liam’s aside. Bayo seems to be another signing that will sink beneath the waves, I hope not, but, not getting on in a period when we have been struggling to score, doesn’t have me over confident he’s going to be what we hoped, maybe we just need to hope some more. I heard yesterday he had done his hamstring, so if the issue is his fitness then that’s something to hold onto as a reason.

Aberdeen, like everyone who hate us, see this as probably their best chance to end our relentless accumulation of trophy’s. Let’s face it, we do too. Last year I had zero nerves, not one, I knew we would win, I knew they would give their all to stifle us, but I knew we would beat them. I have toned down this year to, if we turn up we will guv them. The more salient point there being the, if we turn up. Last year I didn’t have that.

The players know they haven’t been great as much as we have. They will want to turn it on even more than we do. They know that the focus on the drop in ruthlessness is being used by a sevconian press to try and sew doubt.

It’s the same every year. This time they also have all the bullshit betting on coach’s who have less chance of becoming our manager, than I have of winning Strictly. In fact, even less chance than that as I’m some dancer. They do their very best to undermine, but the great thing is the whole club, from the oldest fan to a wean in a bouncy chair sitting in its own piss knows that’s their game. It doesn’t work, and I believe should be used as a motivation. In all

Aye, dae ye fucking think so? Type of way.

The time for a postmortem on where we are and more importantly what we are going to do to sort it, is after both the remaining treble competitions are sewn up. It’s about winning at any cost. It’s about facing down the doubts. It’s about believing they are better. It’s about turning up.

I’ve said it already, if we do then I think we will ragdoll them 4.0.

And even though I am more nervous than last year, I believe they will. I really do. They know they owe us a performance and they want to shut up all the shit stirrers sitting in the stand with their notebooks covered in yet more tears as the Famous Glasgow Celtic fuck up their day yet again.

Let’s get fucking tore into they bastards tomorrow and show everybody who the top bhoys are.

4.0 and a very drunken day for me is my prediction. COYBIG!!!!

Back