Celtic v AIK Stockholm - Europa League Play-off Thursday 22 August - all comments here

Have to agree with the manager. We are a good team but because AIK are 20 games into their season I think we'll need our subs.
Gordon
Ajer Biton Simunovic Hayes
N'tcham Brown Mc Gregor
Forrest Edouard Christie

Subs. Sinclair, Griffiths, Johnstone,Julienne,Hazard :confused::confused::confused:

Have to agree with the manager. We are a good team but because AIK are 20 games into their season I think we'll need our subs.
Gordon
Ajer Biton Simunovic Hayes
N'tcham Brown Mc Gregor
Forrest Edouard Christie

Subs. Sinclair, Griffiths, Johnstone,Julienne,Hazard :confused::confused::confused:
I think we get 7 subs so I'd include Boli & Ralston as there are question marks over the fitness of 2 or 3 of our defenders.

Big game on Sunday, against Jambos, the bread and butter games and the ones that our history resides on. A good performance, and a victory of some sorts tommorow night with an injury free game, would be a good night before the graft at the weekend.
Low fat appetiser this weekend and full fat sunday to follow a week later. Let#s hope appetites and attitudes are correct.

My team would be this:

4-2-3-1

Gordon

Ajer - Jullien - Simunovic - Bolingoli

McGregor (c) - Ntcham

Forrest - Christie - Johnston

Edouard

And before anyone says, yes I'm aware Lennon has already said that Brown will be playing, but that'd be my team. And big Hatem is obviously likely to miss out with injury.

Going hope we put the tie tae bed tonight, don't think I could handle another cluj nightmare. Just hope what ever Lenny picks goes & gives a 110%, we don't get any injuries.

It's the start of bank holiday wkend for me Sláinte ???

☘️HAIL HAIL☘️COYBIG☘️YNWA☘️

1. [B]Fr. Paul Stone[/B] Retweeted

[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/1131578211048067072/ZWEQEmRg_bigger.jpg[/IMG] [B]Darren O'Dea[/B]‏Verified account @[B]odea_darren[/B] 2h2 hours ago

Darren O'Dea Retweeted Scottish Sun Sport

Wish the boy the best and obviously wish Dundee the best but I have absolutely no idea where this has come from
1f602.png
1f602.png
. Never met him or seen him play.
1f648.png

Darren O'Dea added,

ECfJMBiXoAI0bGk.jpg

Scottish Sun SportVerified account @scotsunsport

Ex-Celtic ace Darren O'Dea 'instrumental' in Rangers kid Josh McPake's Dundee loan https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/un...=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1566380473

87 replies . 317 retweets 2,777 likes

Gordon
Ajer-Bitton-Julien-Hendry

McGregor

Johnston Forrest Christie Shved

Edouard

SUBS:Dembele, Ntcham, Bain, Hayes,Griffiths

AIK is not a team to be underestimated. I estimate that they have a style similar to Cluj or Rosenborg or AEK athens, that they are very tight in the back never let you space to score and they punish you with counterattacks
If we play like we played against Cluj we ll be ruled out of Europa League.

AIK is not a team to be underestimated. I estimate that they have a style similar to Cluj or Rosenborg or AEK athens, that they are very tight in the back never let you space to score and they punish you with counterattacks
If we play like we played against Cluj we ll be ruled out of Europa League.
Ive thought about last week and ive eventually calmed down. What let us down was our defending last week, we got ourselves back in it 3 times so we must have been doing something right. NL stated after the game he wanted a 2 goal cushion that to me was the big mistake. Having gone in front 3-2 we should have slammed the door shut. look how hard we found Dunfermline to break down when they put everyone behind the ball. Bitton should have been brought on and we should have just left one man up front for the last 15 mins. Tonight my fear is Lennon will want to go all gung ho again and we could get caught on the break. I'd take a 2-0 quite happily, clean sheet essential.

Ive thought about last week and ive eventually calmed down. What let us down was our defending last week, we got ourselves back in it 3 times so we must have been doing something right. NL stated after the game he wanted a 2 goal cushion that to me was the big mistake. Having gone in front 3-2 we should have slammed the door shut. look how hard we found Dunfermline to break down when they put everyone behind the ball. Bitton should have been brought on and we should have just left one man up front for the last 15 mins. Tonight my fear is Lennon will want to go all gung ho again and we could get caught on the break. I'd take a 2-0 quite happily, clean sheet essential.

That's how the team plays Generally.It's not so simple to undergo no matter how many games we are tested in. It's up to the coach to change the philosophy and the tactics.It needs much time to adjust in a different resposnive style of play in order to survive and then improve in Europe.That's why I have no expectations anymore.Because after so many games we didn't learn anything and the coaches didn't change anything before untill now.The main problem is not the deffenders we have in the squad.They have some skills, they are experienced, they are internationals they are linked with big clubs and I don't believe that the opposition have better players than we have.Probably the injuries and the board are the main problems at first because there are positions to be strengthened along with spending money wisely and at last we need a big coach who knows to interact well with the players and bring on the right tactics and train the players to adjust on these tactics and master them to be effective in Europe.

Back