Celtic v Bayer Leverkusen - Thursday 30 September, kick-off 8pm - all comments here

Deadner....... The only chance of Ajeti getting a hat trick would be if they were own goals but he doesn't know where that end of the park is.

As I said earlier we’re eating our own blaming players that you don’t like is easy
A Very few are aiming at the manager which is fine as the criticism is fair yes he needs to change styles to suit the opposition seems we all have the same ish thoughts he needs to change style to suit whoever we play.
He also needs time on the training field to drill it into them and he’s not had that TIME
Like most been a fan all my life only player who I thought Wankstain was Mojo the Hun
If as the song says faithful through and through, and YNWA can we leave it with the abuse at certain players it’s a team we’re watching not individual players they all fail together our ongoing problems are BOARD related they have caused this no-one else.
Again like mine and everyone’s arsehole
It’s only an opinion
There’s Good times and there’s bad times
And the latter is when we need to come together. It’s always been the Celtic way
So
Mon the Hoops

HH 🍀

JamSam67 thanks for putting that the way you did - I tried to write something similar earlier but just couldn’t get it right but you are spot on.
we need to come together because the onslaught from the smsm will be brutal 🍀💚 Hail Hail

Only thing I would disagree with you on Gary, is that I think he HAS been backed. At least in terms of numbers. In terms of quality ? Well, therein lies the crux of our demise over the past few years. Most of us agree the new players have needed time to settle in Paradise, we've held back, trying to be fair to them. It's now up to them to repay the patience. They simply must start producing. Judgement, good or bad, will arrive very soon.
I'd disagree he has been backed in numbers and he certainly hasn't been backed with quality. I'd also say 3, maybe 4 are currently capable of playing in the style he wants.
Three midfielders have left from last season, replaced by one who doesn't look like he can do what the manager wants (early days but the signs aren't good).
Shaw, Urhoghide, Scales are cheap punts who in time they hope might come good. Early signs are they are nowhere close to being good enough and our own youngsters in the B team are better.

I'd disagree he has been backed in numbers and he certainly hasn't been backed with quality. I'd also say 3, maybe 4 are currently capable of playing in the style he wants.
Three midfielders have left from last season, replaced by one who doesn't look like he can do what the manager wants (early days but the signs aren't good).
Shaw, Urhoghide, Scales are cheap punts who in time they hope might come good. Early signs are they are nowhere close to being good enough and our own youngsters in the B team are better.
I actually think we're saying more or less the same thing Garry. Numbers yes, quality no. At least on what we've seem.so far.

Various players committed individual errors. However these stats for CCV cannot be ignored, a centre half that doesn't make 1 tackle in a whole game? Eh!
.................................................................................................

As evident from such a result, a number of Hoops players failed to impress over the course of the 90 minutes, with Kyogo Furuhashi, Tom Rogic and David Turnbull all receiving SofaScore match ratings of 6.4 or lower. However, it may be Cameron Carter-Vickers who is left most disappointed with his performance on Thursday night.

No tackles made​

Despite having been in impressive form in the league for Celtic – with the centre-back averaging a SofaScore match rating of 7.60 over his three Premiership appearances, ranking him as the Bhoys’ fourth-best performer in the top flight – the 23-year-old very much had a game to forget against Leverkusen.

Indeed, over the course of his 90 minutes on the pitch, the £1.8m-rated defender failed to make a single tackle, blocked no shots and made just one clearance, in addition to – perhaps unfortunately – giving away the penalty for Leverkusen’s third goal of the match after being judged to have handled the ball in the box.

The £20k-per-week man also committed one foul, picked up a yellow card, ceded possession of the ball on 12 separate occasions and completed just two of his eight attempted long balls. These returns saw the Tottenham Hotspur loanee receive a hugely disappointing SofaScore match rating of 5.7, with no player from either team earning a lower score than the centre-back on the night.

You are always going to struggle to get the quality required for the demanding and over complicated system Ange is looking for Gary imo.
Take into account the price range we are in, then it's way to high of an expectation that Ange could be looking for.
Just getting in new players to fulfil an already oversized squad is not the answer imo.
Already 4 keepers, 7 CH when Jules is fit, 4 LB make that 5 with josip also been used there, no replacement for calmac, no replacements on offer for the Turnbull /Rogic roles etc etc etc tells me we are still in a very unhealthy position within the club.
40 odd players available, yet only a handful capable of playing the style of play required is a very worrying stat in my book.
Think we need to get back to basics as the lack of confidence is showing up so badly with the individual errors that are happening now game after game and costing us so badly.
Midfield has now became our main focus along with the long standing defensive line, and still lacking the required standard.
How many midfield players have we within the squad? Yet can't find 3 who can work efficiently together.
Now I still don't believe we have a total lack of quality within the squad all of a sudden, yet we have when it comes to getting the current players to fulfil the duties that is expected from them.
Something has to give and happen very quickly, as this is starting to have all the hallmarks of last season stamped all over it again.
Questions need to be asked in why so many players can't break through into this team as things stand?
If they remain not up to the required standards then why are we still paying a wage if the improvement isn't being reached?
This has been going on for far to long now, and a case is being made of things getting worse not better overall.
In Ange defence, I can't see how any manager can operate efficiently with such an oversized squad with so many having no chance of actually getting a chance of been involved within the 1st team, so would them players really give a fuck?
Serious questions remain without any sign of solutions yet again

Various players committed individual errors. However these stats for CCV cannot be ignored, a centre half that doesn't make 1 tackle in a whole game? Eh!
.................................................................................................

As evident from such a result, a number of Hoops players failed to impress over the course of the 90 minutes, with Kyogo Furuhashi, Tom Rogic and David Turnbull all receiving SofaScore match ratings of 6.4 or lower. However, it may be Cameron Carter-Vickers who is left most disappointed with his performance on Thursday night.

No tackles made​

Despite having been in impressive form in the league for Celtic – with the centre-back averaging a SofaScore match rating of 7.60 over his three Premiership appearances, ranking him as the Bhoys’ fourth-best performer in the top flight – the 23-year-old very much had a game to forget against Leverkusen.

Indeed, over the course of his 90 minutes on the pitch, the £1.8m-rated defender failed to make a single tackle, blocked no shots and made just one clearance, in addition to – perhaps unfortunately – giving away the penalty for Leverkusen’s third goal of the match after being judged to have handled the ball in the box.

The £20k-per-week man also committed one foul, picked up a yellow card, ceded possession of the ball on 12 separate occasions and completed just two of his eight attempted long balls. These returns saw the Tottenham Hotspur loanee receive a hugely disappointing SofaScore match rating of 5.7, with no player from either team earning a lower score than the centre-back on the night.
Do we need 3 guesses on where sofascore can stick there ratings brim?

We might be at the top by Jan :cool:🍀
I doubt we will see top this season. How long since that happened.
We will still have the die hard optimists saying just one more transfer window an Ange will get the team and players he wants.
Dream fucking on. It ain't happening, it never will till he gets Pep sized transfer budget. He came to the right club though, half the support are hopeless romantics.

We will still have the die hard optimists saying just one more transfer window an Ange will get the team and players he wants.
Dream fucking on. It ain't happening, it never will till he gets Pep sized transfer budget. He came to the right club though, half the support are hopeless romantics.
Bit harsh brim, what would you like to see happening at the club to turn around where we are at today?

You are always going to struggle to get the quality required for the demanding and over complicated system Ange is looking for Gary imo.
Take into account the price range we are in, then it's way to high of an expectation that Ange could be looking for.
Just getting in new players to fulfil an already oversized squad is not the answer imo.
Already 4 keepers, 7 CH when Jules is fit, 4 LB make that 5 with josip also been used there, no replacement for calmac, no replacements on offer for the Turnbull /Rogic roles etc etc etc tells me we are still in a very unhealthy position within the club.
40 odd players available, yet only a handful capable of playing the style of play required is a very worrying stat in my book.
Think we need to get back to basics as the lack of confidence is showing up so badly with the individual errors that are happening now game after game and costing us so badly.
Midfield has now became our main focus along with the long standing defensive line, and still lacking the required standard.
How many midfield players have we within the squad? Yet can't find 3 who can work efficiently together.
Now I still don't believe we have a total lack of quality within the squad all of a sudden, yet we have when it comes to getting the current players to fulfil the duties that is expected from them.
Something has to give and happen very quickly, as this is starting to have all the hallmarks of last season stamped all over it again.
Questions need to be asked in why so many players can't break through into this team as things stand?
If they remain not up to the required standards then why are we still paying a wage if the improvement isn't being reached?
This has been going on for far to long now, and a case is being made of things getting worse not better overall.
In Ange defence, I can't see how any manager can operate efficiently with such an oversized squad with so many having no chance of actually getting a chance of been involved within the 1st team, so would them players really give a fuck?
Serious questions remain without any sign of solutions yet again
The first team squad as per the club website is 32 players. That includes Murray & Dembele so in reality its 30. In fact make that 29 as I wouldn't count Johnston anymore.
Celtic play 60+ games a season, add in the majority of our players are also internationals, we need a big squad. High 20s in number would be acceptable if they were all capable to come in and contribute, unfortunately its obvious there's less than 20 that the manager trusts to play, and even then I'm sure several of them he'd rather replace. Add in an injury crisis amongst several of our first picks and you have the perfect storm of mediocrity we are currently watching.
The squad management over a period of years has been shambolic. A massive drop in quality and in some positions quantity.
Again according to the website we have 8 central midfielders. Take out Shaw and Henderson who will never be first team player that leaves 6. That should be enough until you look at who they are, 3 DMs, 2 x No.10s and McGregor. Of the 4 LBs you mention, you couldn't make a good one from them all. Likewise keepers, 4 in the first team squad, 1 who is capable.
You'd think we didn't have a Director of Football, a Head of Football Operations, a Head of Recruitment/Chief Scout.........:unsure:

So what’s the answer then? Get rid of Ange I’m taking it first? Then what? Get rid of ? Who’s next on your hit list? Oh aye Kennedy n strachan I agree on that. Oh and maybe the Board just maybe? I agree with that Bankier first on my hit list so… What do you think then?

Members online

Latest posts

Back