Celtic v Blackburn Rovers - Saturday 16 July, kick-off 12.30pm

Watched the game yesterday

Bit annoyed at the amount of empty seats after not being able to get a ticket.

Thought it was the sort of roughing up that we needed.

More like what we're going to see than a pre-season knock about which they could get in a training match.

First half after the goal they barely got the ball back and out of their own half we played well.

Second half Jules looked as though he couldn't be arsed.
Yes the pass was short but he didn't move for it until he had to dive n and give away the free kick.
He either needs to start sparking or move on we'll get hammered if he has to play in Europe.

A couple of more players to bolster us for a Euro run

No reason why we can't get a decent run in the Europa League.

I enjoyed the game yesterday thought Clancy had his usual let other teams rough us up game. Was surprised at the lack of traffic coming off at Polmadie usually it's backed up on the motorway. ORiley was spot on with his comments and as in previous games the changes disrupt the flow of the team the boy Lawal has a lot to learn before he will be near ready for a 1st team slot.

I think guchi has had a fairly impressive pre season to date virgo.
Been used mainly as a back up option for both calmac and O'Reilly and very hard boots to fill for most players and hasn't let himself down in either role imo, and think he still looks better used in the calmac position myself.
Still wouldn't have any concerns at present if we needed to start him in either position, which could well be called upon during the course of a season, so a very decent player to have within our squad imo

Watched the game yesterday

Bit annoyed at the amount of empty seats after not being able to get a ticket.

Thought it was the sort of roughing up that we needed.

More like what we're going to see than a pre-season knock about which they could get in a training match.

First half after the goal they barely got the ball back and out of their own half we played well.

Second half Jules looked as though he couldn't be arsed.
Yes the pass was short but he didn't move for it until he had to dive n and give away the free kick.
He either needs to start sparking or move on we'll get hammered if he has to play in Europe.

A couple of more players to bolster us for a Euro run

No reason why we can't get a decent run in the Europa League.
Only the manager and coaching staff really know the answer to that Richie.
The pass to Jules looked a bit wayward on the eye to me, but was that down to Jules not being in a position to receive such a pass?
Certainly was a pass we make many times when under pressure in the position guchi was in, so shall stick my neck out and say jules not alert enough to giving the free kick away leading to the equaliser.
Only highlights how the game of football is still very much about fine margins still

I'm dreaming here troops but please indulge this ol' man for a few seconds. If we had a Beckenbaur Bobby Moore Pele Messi ,then we wouldn't be complaining about defense losing goals. We certainly would score loads with Pele and Messi in the team.

I think guchi has had a fairly impressive pre season to date virgo.
Been used mainly as a back up option for both calmac and O'Reilly and very hard boots to fill for most players and hasn't let himself down in either role imo, and think he still looks better used in the calmac position myself.
Still wouldn't have any concerns at present if we needed to start him in either position, which could well be called upon during the course of a season, so a very decent player to have within our squad imo
Was just a wee joke Johnno. Suggesting he might not be up for full blooded tackles in Scotland by the look on his face.

Members online

Latest posts

Back