Celtic v Blackburn Rovers - Saturday 16 July, kick-off 12.30pm

Aye of course hopeful as always, getting the 2 or 3 players in this window would be great but it may not be this window and those players may likely have to adjust their game.
If it becomes absolutely obvious that ajetti and jules cant lift their game and refuse to move on then this leaves the board a bit of a dilemma.
Should they try and buy them out of contract, loan out ?
Knowing that theres no return of any kind then the board have the funds to still go ahead and bring players in anyway and stay in the red.
That's an impatient view and more practical is to continue our progress as we have been doing.
This leaves us open to huge bids for our best players though so it's a risk either way.
Personally I hope our "new look board" have learned from their predecessors that standing still , waiting , may as well be going backwards.
Hopefully Ange has got thing's sorted out with the board regarding ajeti and jules, as don't see where either fit in with the plans of Ange and offer nothing to the club any longer for the club, except a pain in the arse from both of them imo.
Think we all know at this stage the club stands to take a big hit on the pair of them, but still way to much value within the current squad for it to make the slightest bit of difference to ourselves in financial terms I would say.
Money men don't like in general taking money hits, but for the good of the club, I believe they need to take the hit even if it runs until the end of the transfer window to get rid of the last of the stink within the club still imo.

Will become the biggest money transfer if he leaves us that Scotland has ever seen imo.
Even dwarfing the mega millions deal for Shirley still 😂
I'd say CCV and Jota are going to bring us mega bucks after hopefully bringing us lots of success.
Still can't believe how "cheaply" we got those guys tbh.
And Kyogo etc, some really brilliant business has been done by Ange. Not just great players who will entertain us, win us trophies and sicken huns but they fit with the business model, invest, improve, profit. All good.

Aye of course hopeful as always, getting the 2 or 3 players in this window would be great but it may not be this window and those players may likely have to adjust their game.
If it becomes absolutely obvious that ajetti and jules cant lift their game and refuse to move on then this leaves the board a bit of a dilemma.
Should they try and buy them out of contract, loan out ?
Knowing that theres no return of any kind then the board have the funds to still go ahead and bring players in anyway and stay in the red.
That's an impatient view and more practical is to continue our progress as we have been doing.

This leaves us open to huge bids for our best players though so it's a risk either way.
Personally I hope our "new look board" have learned from their predecessors that standing still , waiting , may as well be going backwards.

Exactamente

I think too many fans take these pre season games wayy too seriously.This time last year we got mauled by West Ham ..we still had a great season .I see Jullien and Lawal are being slaughtered but i dont think theyll be Celtic players for long.Roll on the sheep game and the the end to these pishy games .
A great season? Domestically I agree. Europe?? Pitiful.
I for one am getting fed up being done over by average European teams. I was there during the days of the Lions when European teams feared being drawn against us.
Sorry but I can no longer see being able to overwhelm only the likes of St.Mirren and Ross County as being ‘great’.

I'd say CCV and Jota are going to bring us mega bucks after hopefully bringing us lots of success.
Still can't believe how "cheaply" we got those guys tbh.
And Kyogo etc, some really brilliant business has been done by Ange. Not just great players who will entertain us, win us trophies and sicken huns but they fit with the business model, invest, improve, profit. All good.
Strongest financial position we have ever been in imo hoopy, and that's the way you have to become to ever reach the heights of becoming a strong team within CL football.
Under Ange it still remains a possibility still when you take into account the type of football players Ange values and what they bring to the club on and off the pitch.
Hopefully the board continues to back his vision, as for the 1st time in a very long time now, I actually believe that it is possible now.
Could be to early to expect such high hopes this season still with us being so new as a team to sit at the big table still, but well on the way to dining in luxury for a good number of seasons ahead still imo.

I for one am getting fed up being done over by average European teams. I was there during the days of the Lions when European teams feared being drawn against us.
Sorry but I can no longer see being able to overwhelm only the likes of St.Mirren and Ross County as being ‘great’.
We have never really been in a position to really tackle European football with the current set up as it is.
Our squads over the past number of years have been to reliant on players that weren't really committed to the club and leading to nothing but having always having a big turnaround with players and no real stability within the team as such.
We are currently building a great stability with a very decent standard of squad forming nicely now, so when the departing players come around which they will in time, shouldn't have the same bad effect it has done in the past imo BFB
European football will start to become our next real big challenge ahead in the coming season and keeping the domestic success also, and for the 1st time in a very long time now I believe we are actually working towards hitting them goals now imo.

When I watch these pre-season games it’s not so much the results I’m looking at but how we have progressed from the previous season.
Attacking wise I think It’s clear that we have stepped up a notch.
Defensively? The tactical errors persists. Clear from the Rapid and today’s games. It concerns me that these glaring tactical errors persist. In the SPFL we will get away with some of this stuff. In Europe we will not. Replicate some of the things we saw today against the likes of Bayern and we will get hammered.
Call me greedy but I want to see us at least make a tie of it against top European teams. Simply beating SPFL journeymen (who cant get past the first round of whichever European competition they are in) just does not cut it for me any more.

We have never really been in a position to really tackle European football with the current set up as it is.
Our squads over the past number of years have been to reliant on players that weren't really committed to the club and leading to nothing but having always having a big turnaround with players and no real stability within the team as such.
We are currently building a great stability with a very decent standard of squad forming nicely now, so when the departing players come around which they will in time, shouldn't have the same bad effect it has done in the past imo BFB
European football will start to become our next real big challenge ahead in the coming season and keeping the domestic success also, and for the 1st time in a very long time now I believe we are actually working towards hitting them goals now imo.
OK over the last few years we have maybe not had the stability you allude to mate. Too many loans and superfluous players brought in by DOF Lawwell certainly did not help.
But what baffles me is the financial clout we have compared to some European teams and how that doesn’t seem to reflect when we meet them. Look at Bodo for example. Money wise we would bury them. So why don't our expensive, highly paid players sweep sides like this aside?
Is it really the SPFL standard that drags the players down? I think good players are good players no matter where they play.
Take the Real team of the 50s and 60s I think they used to play totally inferior teams and hammer them by double figure scores. Yes they had great players but what that seemed to do was boost confidence even more. They didn’t drop to the standard of the teams they hammered.
Will things be different this season in Europe? I hope so but I’m still concerned about some of our defensive lapses and tactical errors.

The league will always be no1 priority for me.I think the days of Celtic being feared in Europe are long gone but we should be beating teams like Bodo Glimt.Lets see how we do this year with a settled squad.

OK over the last few years we have maybe not had the stability you allude to mate. Too many loans and superfluous players brought in by DOF Lawwell certainly did not help.
But what baffles me is the financial clout we have compared to some European teams and how that doesn’t seem to reflect when we meet them. Look at Bodo for example. Money wise we would bury them. So why don't our expensive, highly paid players sweep sides like this aside?
Is it really the SPFL standard that drags the players down? I think good players are good players no matter where they play.
Take the Real team of the 50s and 60s I think they used to play totally inferior teams and hammer them by double figure scores. Yes they had great players but what that seemed to do was boost confidence even more. They didn’t drop to the standard of the teams they hammered.
Will things be different this season in Europe? I hope so but I’m still concerned about some of our defensive lapses and tactical errors.
There have been many great teams created in the past, but today's game is still so reliant upon the depth of squad especially with the demands placed upon them with the amount of games there expected to preform in at there highest possible level.
All seen how the demands still couldn't get man City and Liverpool there preferred outcomes in what was a fairly successful season by 2 of the best teams in world football, yet the 2 biggest trophies in European football ended up in the hands of
1) Half decent team, yet still nowhere near the best in Europe imo
2) A very average team and being generous at that.
The demands within our club are massive, yet expected to deliver them upon a budget that might not be that high compared to the demands of what many a European team have to face and contend with either.
Our tactical play within European football can be judged much better this coming season still as last season was still well to early to judge still, but was still able to produce enough encouraging signs.
Will always claim that the bodo game wasn't high on our agenda, especially with the league at stake and the injury crisis the way it was and all expected to be done with new players coming only just in the door and without next to none European football experience still.
We are still only a developing European team in the making still, where errors will be punished more serverly than within the SPFL still, but everyone within the club knows that.
We still can't expect to be perfect in European football but wouldn't totally write us off either still, just because we handed up a few soft goals in pre season and without our main defensive unit even been able to play together yet and not even completed with the players we should have available still for the coming European campaign hopefully.

Wheres GG today ?
Giakoumakis was given a couple of days off as his wife is due to give birth to his baby. A trainer accompanied him!

Reo Hatate recovered from his knock but was then taken ill. Rather than give him 30 minutes on the pitch they worked him hard on the training ground.

So both are fine and will be available for the start of the season and should feature before then.

This heat huz awcunt staying darft stough

HH 🧊
Still to see what he will bring to the side , Ange believes in him if hes the DMF we require he would solve a lot of problems.
I thought our midfield looked lightweight on paper pre ko yesterday in calmac , Turnbull and Oriley.
Though calmac can do it all , it's a trick missed when he has to be the DMF.
If Gucci can progress enough to take that place and free calmac up to play a more attack minded position CAM or a free reign in the opposition's half we will be a completely different proposition

Still to see what he will bring to the side , Ange believes in him if hes the DMF we require he would solve a lot of problems.
I thought our midfield looked lightweight on paper pre ko yesterday in calmac , Turnbull and Oriley.
Though calmac can do it all , it's a trick missed when he has to be the DMF.
If Gucci can progress enough to take that place and free calmac up to play a more attack minded position CAM or a free reign in the opposition's half we will be a completely different proposition
Spot on Winter he’s been really unlucky so far but Ange as you say has brought him hear to do a job for us and so far he’s been pretty good at getting players in to do a job
For the Team. Can only hope he can be the Deep mid we’re looking for.
IAWT
Mon the Athenian Fenian
Mon the Hoops

HH 🍀

Back