Celtic V Bodo/Glimt

I'll tell you what's nice, it's going to get a bit breezy and we might get a bit of snow, this has totally over taken the prospect of warmageddon between Russia and Ukraine on the news, how British is that? 🤷‍♂️
It's nice and sunny here this week, about 7-8 degrees, but next week, we're back to 0 degrees in the morning with potential for snow
Bring it on

We will now see what ange is truly made of in the return match. He knows what these lads are like now so it'll be interesting to see how he deals with this.
We'll get pumped again. By minnows from Norway who play in a pokey 3 sided stadium with a fanbase that is a fraction of ours.

Congratulations to them, decent, organised, technically competent. They kept their shape and composure well.

But tonight shouldn't be happening, technically and tactically outplayed the way we were. Not good enough.😠

It's nice and sunny here this week, about 7-8 degrees, but next week, we're back to 0 degrees in the morning with potential for snow
Bring it on
We're due 2 inches of snow mate, I'm taking the day off fuck it, not to avoid the snow more about avoiding all the fuckwits that can't drive in 2 inches of snow! I'll stay at home and do some quotes and avoid their fucktardery!
(And recover from the hangover)

Watching highlights for first time on BT just now
1st goal, Rogic is a disgrace. He has 5-6 seconds to get back into position after we lose the ball high up the pitch. McGregor and O'Riley are dragged to the right leaving their No. 10 standing alone in the middle of the park, Rogic should have been back covering him.
2nd goal, as I thought at the game pathetic attempt by Taylor to stop the No.9 out wide. Juranovic lets the No.11 run across him and rather sticks his hand up claiming offside. It wasn't.
Our goal, great cross from Juranovic, great run and header by Maeda
3rd goal, a lucky deflection

Next week I would make a few changes...I'd revert to a 4:4:2

I'd start

Hart
Ralston Julien carter scales
Juranovic Callum Bitton o' Reilly
Maeda Jackie

No idea why though...just because! 😂😂

Ah yes, Julien because he scores goals from set pieces and we get plenty of them 👍

Just back from the game..Too many players had an off night..Rogic was awful and gave up to easily..Taylor is fine at spfl but not at any decent European level..Jota/abada poor , Oreilly not great , McGregor gave the ball away as much as ive even seen him..They got by our press easily , always had options..Im honestly of the belief it was just a bad day at the office..We have played better teams in Europe this season than them and gave a far better account of ourselves..They only had 4 shots on target and scored 3 goals..We dont turn into a bad team overnight , score an early goal over there and its game back on ..This is practically a new team and its a minor miracle where we are already in the rebuild..Keep the faith Bhoys :)

Glimt seemed to have a large number of non-Norwegian players tonight. Would probably take good wages to tempt foreign players to the Arctic Circle so there must be money behind them. Could be oil, whale poaching, Viking hoard finding; who knows but I suspect (as always) foul play.

Watching highlights for first time on BT just now
1st goal, Rogic is a disgrace. He has 5-6 seconds to get back into position after we lose the ball high up the pitch. McGregor and O'Riley are dragged to the right leaving their No. 10 standing alone in the middle of the park, Rogic should have been back covering him.
2nd goal, as I thought at the game pathetic attempt by Taylor to stop the No.9 out wide. Juranovic lets the No.11 run across him and rather sticks his hand up claiming offside. It wasn't.
Our goal, great cross from Juranovic, great run and header by Maeda
3rd goal, a lucky deflection
Bit strong there Gary calling a Celtic player a disgrace...pretty sure that accusation is borne from frustration. Given that particular player has provided much celebration over the years. Time for a bit of calm mate.

Next week I would make a few changes...I'd revert to a 4:4:2

I'd start

Hart
Ralston Julien carter scales
Juranovic Callum Bitton o' Reilly
Maeda Jackie

No idea why though...just because! 😂😂

Ah yes, Julien because he scores goals from set pieces and we get plenty of them 👍
I like that set up for an away game in Europe against a big couter-attacking side that pack the midfield, although personally I'd probably start Hatate instead of Bitton. We can bring on Jota and Abada in the second half to (hopefully) run riot.

2 inches of snow is scary man 🙈🙈🙈😂😂
When I lived in the Cotswolds we had one inch of snow and it hit the headlines in Australia! A mate in Aus messaged me saying are you OK mate? It's a fucking inch of snow pal it's hardly Siberia!
I had to take the missus somewhere that night (she's English so was mystified that I could drive in this unknown white slippy stuff) we ended up on this long up hill stretch just keeping traction then the arsehole at the front of the line decided to stop half way up the hill to take a photo of the snow! Cue carnage! I got us home I recon some of them are still stuck there, that was 10 years ago! 😹

I like that set up for an away game in Europe against a big couter-attacking side that pack the midfield, although personally I'd probably start Hatate instead of Bitton. We can bring on Jota and Abada in the second half to (hopefully) run riot.
Knew after 5 mins Abada wouldn't contribute tonight....its not his fault he is that type of player...very inconsistent. Wasn't surprised at Jota either as wingers are very inconsistent...but it becomes a problem in Celtic’s system if both are off it in the same game as was the case tonight. Thankfully we saw both on it against the deid club. Just my thoughts 😁

Glimt seemed to have a large number of non-Norwegian players tonight. Would probably take good wages to tempt foreign players to the Arctic Circle so there must be money behind them. Could be oil, whale poaching, Viking hoard finding; who knows but I suspect (as always) foul play.
The only foul play was ours tonight.

I think the Norwegian league has a pretty decent TV deal, certainly better than ours.

Bit strong there Gary calling a Celtic player a disgrace...pretty sure that accusation is borne from frustration. Given that particular player has provided much celebration over the years. Time for a bit of calm mate.
It was a pretty pathetic attempt to get back. Frustrated that he was playing, he should not start games like this, they bypass him. A domestic god, rarely does it in Europe.

Knew after 5 mins Abada wouldn't contribute tonight....its not his fault he is that type of player...very inconsistent. Wasn't surprised at Jota either as wingers are very inconsistent...but it becomes a problem in Celtic’s system if both are off it in the same game as was the case tonight. Thankfully we saw both on it against the deid club. Just my thoughts 😁
Like you with Abada I saw it with Rogic in the first 5 mins. The ball wasn't sticking, the hands for feet weren't working. Some players are just like that, you know very early if they are going to have a good game or whether they should be substituted early. Samaras was the classic, you could tell by first touch.

Just home to damp and dark Ayrshire after watching what was a diabolical display from The Hoops. Hard to believe this was the same group of players who have been giving us terrific entertainment, coupled with high expectations, so far this season. I'm not going to put the boot into anyone here. This was a collective failure; I can think of only two players who played anything like we know they can. Our skipper deserved better from those around him, and CV at least looked like a defender; though even he can play better. Mibbe cut Maeda a bit of slack as he got no servicer whatsoever, from either wing or midfield.
Like most of you I'm 100% with Ange on this journey, he's done a remarkable job so far. But tonight, I feel he got the team wrong. For me, even from early on, it seemed we were crying out for a ball winner in midfield. Bitton would at least have given us a bit of that.

Our opponents were a good side, there's no disputing that; but I actually think they came to keep the score down and so keep the tie alive. It must have been a surprise to them that their goals actually came so easy to them. Three attempts, three goals. Defensively very poor from us.
While I'm disappointed at the result, I feel we can't dwell on it. We have far more important games to play in the next two or three months. I can only hope this was a one off, and that we get back to winning ways, starting Sunday.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back