Celtic V Bodo/Glimt

There appears to be a general acceptance that they are now through and we are out !!!
While that looks to be the likely option I'm of the opinion that it is half-time in each of the games.
We are more than capable of winning by three goals and they as they have already proved are more than capable of losing by three goals. There is still a long way to go this season and I for one am delighted by the progress that has been made by Ange and the team. No matter what happens I will still be Celtic supporter - faithful through and through. As for them they will always just be sad and pathetic. Hail Hail to Ange and the Bhoys 👍

The very fact they leathered Roma 6-1 should have been an eye opener.
I remember when two wee teams arrived on the European scene people
asked,,who are they,never heard of them,they know now who Shaktar Donesk and RB Liepzig
are,just the same as Roma and Celtic know who Bodo/Glimt are,
we underestimated them just like Roma did and we both paid the heavy price..

HH

That team had 6 weeks to study us, prep for us and be ready for us...I'd imagine we only properly started fully focusing on this game was Monday morning.....I know it's an excuse but a perfectly valid one ....it will be a much different game over there...I can guarantee that
Very true Docco, and it showed also.
Leaves us now in a very awkward position now, as I still wouldn't claim the tie is beyond us still.
Yet, we would have to go chasing the tie, possibly with a far better tempo to our play, and having an even bigger game against Hibs away on the Sunday.
Huge decisions for Ange to make, but need the 3 points on Sunday, before putting any focus upon that situation facing us

There appears to be a general acceptance that they are now through and we are out !!!
While that looks to be the likely option I'm of the opinion that it is half-time in each of the games.
We are more than capable of winning by three goals and they as they have already proved are more than capable of losing by three goals. There is still a long way to go this season and I for one am delighted by the progress that has been made by Ange and the team. No matter what happens I will still be Celtic supporter - faithful through and through. As for them they will always just be sad and pathetic. Hail Hail to Ange and the Bhoys 👍
The good thing Jinkybhoy is Celtic and Dortmund can only play better,
sevco and Bodo played the best they can,so sure it is a big ask but both ties can be turned around..

HH

The very fact they leathered Roma 6-1 should have been an eye opener.
I remember when two wee teams arrived on the European scene people
asked,,who are they,never heard of them,they know now who Shaktar Donesk and RB Liepzig
are,just the same as Roma and Celtic know who Bodo/Glimt are,
we underestimated them just like Roma did and we both paid the heavy price..

HH
Not so sure we actually did underestimate them GS, guilty of doing so myself.
If anything, we gave them to much respect and couldn't get our own game going all night.
We still remain a very new team that hasn't had to work to much without the football within the SPFL.
You don't get away with that in European football and against players who are far better technically than we are use to.
You get better with experience and that was a huge wake up call for the improvements required in the higher standard than we are currently use to imo

It shouldn’t have been a surprise to ange how they played tonight l
My only lingering doubt about the big man is on nights like tonight
We know how we play the game but when it ain’t working we’re a big like rabbits in the headlights and plod on doing the same thing
Have the same concerns, his only plan b is to do plan a better . That's not going to work when a team has sussed you out the flexibility to change during a game is important.

Well the auld disco lights took a battering last night I hear from skintco fans in the far west.

If we were going to blow up I would rather it was in Europe than the SPFL, still doesn't make it nice to watch though.

We got beat with a better version of Ange ball last night, although his decision to go with 3 left footed mids neither of which put a tackle in worthy of the name was baffling. What was worse is he never changed it at half time, I haven't looked back at the game yet but from my lofty view in 403 all 3 goals had a similar tinge about them, a cut back to an unmarked mid due to us not having a CDM. Certainly the second was a joke and the players got suckered thinking Bodo were going to play it out for a man down, but still no one picked up the scorer.

Bloody poor performances all round and I would be quicker naming those who got pass marks 🤔🤔🤔.

Reading back I see a few saying O'Riley had a good first half, not from where I was he didn't him and Tom were poor and I would have hooked at least one of them at Half time.

Ach I could go on but fek it, all I will say is perhaps McCarthy or Nir in CDM last night would have been better, and we missed wee Mikey 😉

Still 3 nothing next week for us and Dortmund looks a good double for all you gamblers out there. 😉🌈😉

H.H, bring on Mcgees dees on Sunday.

Probably alone in this but a seen this result coming!!not against bodo glimt but am glad it was them,,since the hun game our performances have dropped quite worryingly,second half against huns,and dons,then raith,,,big ange gave them a mouthful but seems it didn’t work?hopefully this is the wake up call needed,a get that this way of playing ange ball is draining the players so miby the bigman might have to have some sort of plan b,c,d,e?for the league coz we canny afford a show like that again,,they were a very good side but they were in preseason mode!they had no right to beat us as easy as they did,,before all the “calm down”or Hun troll”stuff gets aimed at me,,am as much a Tim as anyone on here but av seen this movie before in lennys last season,,just takes one or two poor results and they bastards getting there usual help for things to go tits up,,,(am “not”for a second saying this will happen a think the hunz will drop points on Sunday and we go further ahead,just wary of getting complacent☘️.........right troops go for it a kin take it😐

Probably alone in this but a seen this result coming!!not against bodo glimt but am glad it was them,,since the hun game our performances have dropped quite worryingly,second half against huns,and dons,then raith,,,big ange gave them a mouthful but seems it didn’t work?hopefully this is the wake up call needed,a get that this way of playing ange ball is draining the players so miby the bigman might have to have some sort of plan b,c,d,e?for the league coz we canny afford a show like that again,,they were a very good side but they were in preseason mode!they had no right to beat us as easy as they did,,before all the “calm down”or Hun troll”stuff gets aimed at me,,am as much a Tim as anyone on here but av seen this movie before in lennys last season,,just takes one or two poor results and they bastards getting there usual help for things to go tits up,,,(am “not”for a second saying this will happen a think the hunz will drop points on Sunday and we go further ahead,just wary of getting complacent☘️.........right troops go for it a kin take it😐
Wank 😁

Nothing wrong in your opinion and anything stated either.
All seen enough football to know that 2 people sitting beside each other haven't actually seen the same game in the same light either.
Tactically, I believe we were out thought all over the pitch, but in Ange defence, I wouldn't have said that the game plan included given away bad balls and not being able to find them killer passes within the final third of the pitch either.
Believe we changed shape of the team to suit rogic and it never paid off imo.
Left us open to be exploited in the wider areas where our full backs, and wingers didn't seem to know who's job it was to actually close them down or actually mark them.
We still play high risk football on most occasions without any proper defensive midfielder as such, which depends upon us having control of the football for very long periods of the game and requires us to use it far better than we did last night imo.
Playing against the better standard than we are use to, only highlights the improvements that are still required still within European football still.
We have to remember we are still a very new team still and with very little experience of actually playing at this level and mistakes get punished far more clinically and it was a harsh lesson to learn and one we will hopefully improve upon in future imo.

Fuckin Hun bastard lol

Nothing wrong in your opinion and anything stated either.
All seen enough football to know that 2 people sitting beside each other haven't actually seen the same game in the same light either.
Tactically, I believe we were out thought all over the pitch, but in Ange defence, I wouldn't have said that the game plan included given away bad balls and not being able to find them killer passes within the final third of the pitch either.
Believe we changed shape of the team to suit rogic and it never paid off imo.
Left us open to be exploited in the wider areas where our full backs, and wingers didn't seem to know who's job it was to actually close them down or actually mark them.
We still play high risk football on most occasions without any proper defensive midfielder as such, which depends upon us having control of the football for very long periods of the game and requires us to use it far better than we did last night imo.
Playing against the better standard than we are use to, only highlights the improvements that are still required still within European football still.
We have to remember we are still a very new team still and with very little experience of actually playing at this level and mistakes get punished far more clinically and it was a harsh lesson to learn and one we will hopefully improve upon in future imo.
Agree mate,big guys only been in six months massive improvement!!!a get it and am 100% behind him,love how we play,,but sometimes you can see things creeping into play and you go ,!!!!!o no..!!just thot over a few games that’s what a seen???

Members online

Latest posts

Back