Celtic v Dundee Utd - Match Thread

Supercharged Celtic phone-in caller loses his cool as he reveals his barmy Rangers conspiracy theory​

Celtic fans don't listen to Radio Clyde or read the SMSM rags, Celtic fans have their own forums to discuss football and other news. And how embarrasing this is a Daily Record story to try and ramp up the Celtic game against the newco/club. GIRFUY's a new club from UEFA and a club with no licence to operate after finishing second, who took your licence of you's, the SFA did.

Untitled.jpg

Chapter 2: Licence Applicant and Licence Article 12 – Definition of licence applicant

1A licence applicant may only be a football club, i.e. a legal entity fully responsible for a football team participating in national and international competitions which either:

a) is a registered member of a UEFA member association and/or its affiliated league (hereinafter: registered member); or b) has a contractual relationship with a registered member (hereinafter: football company).

2The membership and the contractual relationship (if any) must have lasted – at the start of the licence season – for at least three consecutive years.

Any alteration to the club’s legal form or company structure (including, for example, changing its headquarters, name or club colours, or transferring stakeholdings between different clubs) during this period in order to facilitate its qualification on sporting merit and/or its receipt of a licence to the detriment of the integrity of a competition is deemed as an interruption of membership or contractual relationship (if any) within the meaning of this provision.

Article 13 – General responsibilities of the licence applicant

1The licence applicant must provide the licensor with:

a) all necessary information and/or relevant documents to fully demonstrate that the licensing obligations are fulfilled; and b) any other document relevant for decision-making by the licensor.

2This includes information on the reporting entity/entities in respect of which sporting, infrastructure, personnel and administrative, legal and financial information is required to be provided.

3 Any event occurring after the submission of the licensing documentation to the licensor representing a significant change to the information previously submitted must be promptly notified to the licensor.

Article 14 – Licence 1Clubs which qualify for the UEFA club competitions on sporting merit or through the UEFA fair play rankings must obtain a licence issued by their licensor according to the national licensing regulations, except where Article 15 applies. 2A licence expires without prior notice at the end of the season for which it was issued.

13 3 A licence cannot be transferred.

4A licence may be withdrawn by the licensor’s decision-making bodies if:

a) for any reason a licensee becomes insolvent and enters liquidation, as determined by the applicable national law (where a licensee becomes insolvent but enters administration during the season, for so long as the purpose of the administration is to rescue the club and its business, the licence should not be withdrawn);

b) any of the conditions for the issuing of a licence are no longer satisfied; or c) the licensee violates any of its obligations under the national club licensing regulations.

5As soon as a licence withdrawal is envisaged, the UEFA member association must inform the UEFA administration accordingly.

Last edited:

Supercharged Celtic phone-in caller loses his cool as he reveals his barmy Rangers conspiracy theory​

Celtic fans don't listen to Radio Clyde or read the SMSM rags, Celtic fans have their own forums to discuss football and other news. And how embarrasing this is a Daily Record story to try and ramp up the Celtic game against the newco/club. GIRFUY's a new club from UEFA and a club with no licence to operate after finishing second, who took your licence of you's, the SFA did.

View attachment 12718

👏 👏👏👏👏👏🍺We know,that they know,what we know!

Another wee look at who gets penalties and who concedes them.....it’s interesting that the teams at the top other than the Huns of course, concede a few penalties.....sheer coincidence I hear you say...

SPFL Premiership Penalties Conceded 20/21 Season

As at 21/12 (42) Ross County 8 Celtic 5 Aberdeen 5 Hibs 5 Motherwell 5 Kilmarnock 4 Livingston 3 Hamilton 2 St.Johnstone 2 St.Mirren 2 Dundee Utd 1 Rangers 0

Another wee look at who gets penalties and who concedes them.....it’s interesting that the teams at the top other than the Huns of course, concede a few penalties.....sheer coincidence I hear you say...

SPFL Premiership Penalties Conceded 20/21 Season

As at 21/12 (42) Ross County 8 Celtic 5 Aberdeen 5 Hibs 5 Motherwell 5 Kilmarnock 4 Livingston 3 Hamilton 2 St.Johnstone 2 St.Mirren 2 Dundee Utd 1 Rangers 0
Not that I'm into conspiracy theories or anything like that 🤫, but the amount of players having to miss playing against newco because of covid related reasons, must be up there with the amount of teams that get a player red carded just before they play newco.

Mysterious or should that be mischievous or coincidental???hmmmmm you tell me.

Not that I'm into conspiracy theories or anything like that 🤫, but the amount of players having to miss playing against newco because of covid related reasons, must be up there with the amount of teams that get a player red carded just before they play newco.

Mysterious or should that be mischievous or coincidental???hmmmmm you tell me.
Maybe just a raft of 'honest mistakes'

Got to say there's a tiny little bit of good feeling flying around my brain at the moment.

Eddie and Griff are looking the part just now and I reckon it's down to Griff pushing Eddie to try harder.

Can't see us winning by less than 2 goals against Utd so I'll go for a 4-0 cruise and three more points.

Actually feeling pretty confident about the scum game too as long as Neil doesn't revert to the tried and trusted donut that is Duffy.

John , you are dreaming if you don’t think brown will start against the huns and soro will , turnbull eddy griff , yes 100% but brown will replace soro
Why? Soro is currently playing far better than broony in that holding role which in turn is making our defence look more solid imo.
Soro is holding his position better, closing down and winning tackles better and moving the ball forward better, which in turn gives our team a far better shape to it.
Has broony still got a role to play for the team, of course he has, but not a starting role against the huns imo

Why? Soro is currently playing far better than broony in that holding role which in turn is making our defence look more solid imo.
Soro is holding his position better, closing down and winning tackles better and moving the ball forward better, which in turn gives our team a far better shape to it.
Has broony still got a role to play for the team, of course he has, but not a starting role against the huns imo
Agree with you but I'd be amazed if Broony doesn't start against the hun, if he's fit. Think Lenny will want his experience against the monkeys.

Agree with you but I'd be amazed if Broony doesn't start against the hun, if he's fit. Think Lenny will want his experience against the monkeys.
I would like to see broony in the role soro is doing against Dundee on Wednesday, and see if we can still look as solid and have the same attacking threat we are starting to show, this broony and calmac partnership has run its coarse as far as I'm concerned, question still remains if broony is capable of doing the holding midfield role on his own?

You are 100% correct. But Broony will still start at Poundland. Will he also start Soro in a more advanced or wider role to snuff out their deeper players? I certainly think it would be unfair to drop Soro after his recent performances. Lenny did say he was suffering from food poisoning the night before the Cup Final so it would have been interesting to see if he would have played a bigger role in that game.

I believe Soro's high energy might even compliment Broony in some games - but we should have tried it before now if we are thinking of using it as a formation in the derby game.

The whole bizarre lack of game time for Soro and Turnbull drove me crazy for months and now looks even madder given just how well they played since being given a chance.

And I'd have young Henderson and Mikey J on the bench too to run at that sevco defence in the last half hour!

Another change that may be worth considering and you just mentioned it BB, and that is of Henderson for Christie.
To many of our bigger so called players have became to comfortable in gaining automatic starting role, we have all seen what Henderson can offer the team and yet not been given a fair opportunity.
Christie I thought was woeful at Hamilton and a strong manager would be saying that's unacceptable and face getting dropped and that should be the case for every individual within a team.
It also allows for squad rotation to be used in the proper manner in order to keep the whole squad fresh.
It's criminal for taken so long to achieve this, and fear we may still not use the whole squad wisely in order of favouritism

I really hope that we go with our best I.e 2 strikers 2 wingers , I can see us winning v utd and at the bigot dome (which I feel a little bigoted myself saying that as the fans aren't there, still enough bigots to go round though. I honestly believe that we will win by 3 or more v utd and outscore them at their place this is when our season kicks in and we do our thing WIN everything against everyone HH ☘

Another change that may be worth considering and you just mentioned it BB, and that is of Henderson for Christie.
To many of our bigger so called players have became to comfortable in gaining automatic starting role, we have all seen what Henderson can offer the team and yet not been given a fair opportunity.
Christie I thought was woeful at Hamilton and a strong manager would be saying that's unacceptable and face getting dropped and that should be the case for every individual within a team.
It also allows for squad rotation to be used in the proper manner in order to keep the whole squad fresh.
It's criminal for taken so long to achieve this, and fear we may still not use the whole squad wisely in order of favouritism
I've called for Christie to be dropped for some time now , just a game to let him know hes not our best player it would benefit all I'd drop him v utd bring him back v sevco and we are going to win that game

I know that I'm off thread that's not started yet but lenny MUST realise they will probably play the 3 up front they have all season , we MUST play at least 2 up front our 2 are better than their 3 and that will win it for us . Shouldn't get ahead of myself but this is where it all goes Pete tong for them and david Blaine for us again HH

Back