Celtic v Dundee Utd - Match Thread

What we need v Dundee United on Wednesday is continuity. Continuity in playing the 4-diamond-2 formation, continuity in Eddy/Griff partnership up front, continuity in a midfield that includes Soro, Turnbull and McGregor (and not Brown) and hopefully we'll see a continuing improvement in performances and results. Any changes to the starting 11 should be limited to the defence. Jullien should return, then its a choice of either Ajer RB with Bitton keeping his place or Ajer and Jullien partnership with Frimpong at RB. Duffy should not come back into the starting 11.
Win the game, show another improving performance and go with the same on Saturday.
I agree totally with the point on sticking with formation Gary as it would seem like stupidity to be changing a winning formula.
I still think what ever back 4 lenny wants to play Saturday must start Wednesday match with the understanding if you don't concede you don't lose the game.
It is more the attacking players that can have a higher risk of injury and on a pitch that is no longer in the best of nicks and against a team that are quite prepared to mix it up with the help of a ref, can only increase the risk of injury.
Continuity to me means that you can trust a player to be able to come in and do the job expected for the team.
We still don't know that yet and the main concern is around our captain broony,and weather he can slot in to this new formation.
I still believe we are more than good enough to get a good result without putting extra running in to some players legs when we could keep them that bit fresher for the importance of the Derby

I genuinely think Duffy and Julie can be a good partnership ...Duffy toughness and juliens reading of the game....one things for sure we need stability..and some threat at corners with Turnbull's delivery especially since the Huns are as vulnerable as us at set pieces
Duffy has been.... now whats the term?
A total cluster fuck.
If we'd bought him for 100 grand from Dundee he'd never wear the shirt again. He's getting chances based on hope and reputation rather than ability.

I genuinely think Duffy and Julie can be a good partnership ...Duffy toughness and juliens reading of the game....one things for sure we need stability..and some threat at corners with Turnbull's delivery especially since the Huns are as vulnerable as us at set pieces
At the start of the season I like most would have thought that was our best partnership at CB.
At this stage I think we have tried every possible combination and still none the wiser at what our best 2 would be.
Jules and ajer are our most trusted even though we know that they can be roughed up a bit.
Bitton and Duffy lack of pace is always going to be a worry.
And yet the 2CB role is certainly not one you want to be constantly swapping and changing.
I would be tempted to agree with you Docco and face the barrage of abuse that is sure to come our way

At the start of the season I like most would have thought that was our best partnership at CB.
At this stage I think we have tried every possible combination and still none the wiser at what our best 2 would be.
Jules and ajer are our most trusted even though we know that they can be roughed up a bit.
Bitton and Duffy lack of pace is always going to be a worry.
And yet the 2CB role is certainly not one you want to be constantly swapping and changing.
I would be tempted to agree with you Docco and face the barrage of abuse that is sure to come our way
Years of experience has taught me this....
Never agree with Docco!

Kidding Docco, sort of 😽

Members online

Latest posts

Back