Celtic v Ferencvaros - All comments here

i agree but coming from celtic reserves last season and having a full pre season with the manager is likely tipping the scales .... i know
you can see its a step up for montgomery too, hes inconsistent but he has good games

scales came with a great write up which is heartening.
i just read a lot of people on here that think he should be in ahead of the managers picks but
they've only seen what an hour of him
Ange has seen him every day since he signed

this thing we celtic fans have, if he's newer so he must be better

I think yer probably right when you say Montgomery is getting the nod ahead of Scales due to having a full pre-season under AP. Montgomery after all is likely more up to speed with what AP is expecting with regard to system/style/tactics etc. so I can definitely understand the logic behind AP's thinking and like you say the manager sees both in training day in day out and makes his call on who plays based on that but it's only natural people want to see what Scales {and others who haven't played yet} are capable of.

I cannae speak for anybody else but my reasoning for Scales being given a crack isnae a case of 'newer must be better' or solely down to what we've seen of him so far it's more to do with the fact that Montgomery has been given a more than decent run in the side and AP now knows what Montgomery brings to the table, he has yet to find out what Scales brings and the only way to find out is to give him a run in the team!

Apart from the fact there is merit in the old argument that 'what a player does in training can only tell a manager so much' there is also a good argument to be made that right now, when AP's first choice LB is out injured...when we still have time to try things out...and while we're still a long way off from the business end of the season, now is probably the best time to see what Scales offers.

In fairness m7 I know fuck all about the league of Ireland. It was a friend of mine who follows bohemians told me scales was the best player in the league. I only follow Celtic.
A lot of the players in the League of Ireland have jobs away from football. I don't know if scales had a separate job or not, but I think the reason we have only seen a couple of snippets of him is because he came from semi proffessional to proffessional and it's taken him a wee while to get used to that. In regards to his competition, I would have him, Montgomery or boli before Taylor.
Fair play Deadner ...its a position I played myself but i was also able to play centre half as I'm 6 ft 1 and seen as good in the air in my day. So I get why young Scales can play both. I just like what I've seen from him all be it in a short space of time. Makes sense about the leap and step up he is making so it's kinda on a par with where young Monti is at. I don't actually see Monty as a full back and certainly don't rate Boli but think Taylor works hard on limited ability ...just my opinion.👍

Montgomery is far more comfortable on the ball, a better passer, better going forward and linked up well with Jota. Scales looks like a centre half playing left back. In saying that we've seen very little of Scales so who knows what he's capable of if given a run.
I'd stick with Montgomery until Taylor is fit again. Bolingoli will probably start at the weekend.

'we've seen very little of Scales so who knows what he's capable of if given a run.'

Exactly the point I'm making mate. Let's give him a run and see what he can do, otherwise what is the point in buying these players!

Fair play Deadner ...its a position I played myself but i was also able to play centre half as I'm 6 ft 1 and seen as good in the air in my day. So I get why young Scales can play both. I just like what I've seen from him all be it in a short space of time. Makes sense about the leap and step up he is making so it's kinda on a par with where young Monti is at. I don't actually see Monty as a full back and certainly don't rate Boli but think Taylor works hard on limited ability ...just my opinion.👍
I like young Monty, but more as a winger. I don't disagree about Taylor's work rate. It's his inability to go around a man and get in a good cross that annoys me about him. I think scales will nail the position down in time. It's not a bad problem to have four lads fightin for the one spot.

'we've seen very little of Scales so who knows what he's capable of if given a run.'

Exactly the point I'm making mate. Let's give him a run and see what he can do, otherwise what is the point in buying these players!
it’s Celtic m8 no fucking butlins 🤣
We’ve nae room for giving people runs in the team till they’re ready
but when we’re dropping points or drawing games the managers getting slaughtered

I like young Monty, but more as a winger. I don't disagree about Taylor's work rate. It's his inability to go around a man and get in a good cross that annoys me about him. I think scales will nail the position down in time. It's not a bad problem to have four lads fightin for the one spot.
I’ll tell you what though
some of the crossing I’ve seen from that side since he’s been out the team 🤦‍♂️

I think yer probably right when you say Montgomery is getting the nod ahead of Scales due to having a full pre-season under AP. Montgomery after all is likely more up to speed with what AP is expecting with regard to system/style/tactics etc. so I can definitely understand the logic behind AP's thinking and like you say the manager sees both in training day in day out and makes his call on who plays based on that but it's only natural people want to see what Scales {and others who haven't played yet} are capable of.

I cannae speak for anybody else but my reasoning for Scales being given a crack isnae a case of 'newer must be better' or solely down to what we've seen of him so far it's more to do with the fact that Montgomery has been given a more than decent run in the side and AP now knows what Montgomery brings to the table, he has yet to find out what Scales brings and the only way to find out is to give him a run in the team!

Apart from the fact there is merit in the old argument that 'what a player does in training can only tell a manager so much' there is also a good argument to be made that right now, when AP's first choice LB is out injured...when we still have time to try things out...and while we're still a long way off from the business end of the season, now is probably the best time to see what Scales offers.
I think Taylor’s got the spot if fit so far
Hoping scales is better than him for sake of the team

I like your assessment re Monty ..not a full back imo either. Taylor has actually shown that when he is in the mood he can go forward and take a man on and actually swing a baw in....unfortunately it disnae happen often enough. Keen to see if Scales can do both ...although some are already saying he won't fit into Ange system....not sure how they can say that when he hasn't been given 90 minutes yet.

Not just yourself Glasbhoy but many on here have been caught up with Boli's apparent rebirth after his performance at the weekend. I have to say had young Monty been fit he would not have started and given Ange did not register him for Europe I suspect that gives an indication of his future at Celtic. I am not one who condems him for his Covid breach regardless of the wrongs he displayed. I simply think he is a poor defender with no understanding of positioning and space behind him who cant be relied upon and contributes very little to attacking the opposition ...not for me but its all about opinions .
See to be honest
I dint really give a flying fuck who wears the shirt
I want them to do well and us to win
A successful Celtic is the sum of all its parts
No more no less
There’s no I in team etc

Last edited:
I've only seen parts of the game but it does look like when the bhoys are up for it, they're getting the Angeball directive.
I don't think Calmac should be on penalty duty, Stevie Wonder could tell where that ball was going!
Step up to the mark someone please.
Can't wait to see what Gio can do if he gets a start for a change.

I've only seen parts of the game but it does look like when the bhoys are up for it, they're getting the Angeball directive.
I don't think Calmac should be on penalty duty, Stevie Wonder could tell where that ball was going!
Step up to the mark someone please.
Can't wait to see what Gio can do if he gets a start for a change.
I was saying during the game to my pal
Surely your top striker should be demanding the ball 🤷‍♂️

See to be honest
I dint really give a flying fuck who wears the shirt
I want them to do well and us to win
A successful Celtic is the sum of all its parts
No more or less
There’s no I in team etc
Lisbon Lions proved that, take a bunch of guys all with individual attributes, Pace, Athleticism, Skill, Brawn and flyness and mix them into a machine clever enough to outmaneuver and outhought well drilled static formation lineups and defensive minded teams.

Lisbon Lions proved that, take a bunch of guys all with individual attributes, Pace, Athleticism, Skill, Brawn and flyness and mix them into a machine clever enough to outmaneuver and outhought well drilled stautic formation lineups and defensive minded teams.
Things about this team are looking good. The attitude is a far cry from last season. The squad now getting near full fitness and playing for their place. Watching today i watched the start of something, the team, the coaches and the fans come together after all the crap talk from the media chaps. Ange is getting things done, although not perfect, when is it ever, (that includes all football), however a good confidence builder. 💪🍀

it’s Celtic m8 no fucking butlins 🤣
We’ve nae room for giving people runs in the team till they’re ready
but when we’re dropping points or drawing games the managers getting slaughtered

Aye yer spot on it's no butlins cos redcoats don't cost fucking £600 grand tae hire or get paid thousands of £'s a week! ;)

The whole point of having a player on the bench is that he's ready to step in when called upon so if he's no ready then why does AP select him for a spot on the bench week after week let alone hand him sub appearances? If yer selected in the match day squad then the manager has deemed you ready!

Ffs you got tae love the Noise for the mad hoose that it is eh....where else would ye get fucking grief for suggesting that a fitbaw player we signed to play fitbaw should maybe get a wee chance to play some fitbaw! 😂🤪

Aye yer spot on it's no butlins cos redcoats don't cost fucking £600 grand tae hire or get paid thousands of £'s a week! ;)

The whole point of having a player on the bench is that he's ready to step in when called upon so if he's no ready then why does AP select him for a spot on the bench week after week let alone hand him sub appearances? If yer selected in the match day squad then the manager has deemed you ready!

Ffs you got tae love the Noise for the mad hoose that it is eh....where else would ye get fucking grief for suggesting that a fitbaw player we signed to play fitbaw should maybe get a wee chance to play some fitbaw! 😂🤪
Aye your right shadow
It is a madhouse
But it’s our madhouse

Members online

Latest posts

Back