Celtic v Ferencvaros - All comments here

Don't get this on the fence stuff at all.
Get a fuckin grip troops.
This is a must win.
"If we don't then it's down to mentality or luck, or concentration" - I won't pander to any sort of excuse for this one. Tried it there and tbh I can't accept any of the above excuses.
If we fuck it up.

We aren't running over the top of every team, nor do we have the options to switch it up to win a game from the bench. No takers.

It's been a sideways effort for some, hot and cold form players.

The shift of the band was always going to happen. Calmac is now the lad.

Another top CM in Jan is needed. 8m region.
The spine of the team isn't we're it should be.

If we get done by this mob then so be it.
I won't give an ounce of time for any of our squad going forward if they can't go with a bookies EL cannon fodder and get a win.

Cannon of cannon fodder...ffs where's the line?

If we can't finish our chances, thread a ball, win a 50/50 or track a man at a set...there is the door...

The European games are but a sideshow when the main event for us is winning the league and putting ourselves in poll position for automatic entry to the riches of the CL next season.
If we were to progress this season in the EL it'll take it's toll on the squad we have unless we recruit in January.
Barring a miracle, we're looking at 3rd place in the group, that takes us into the conference competition. Compared to when we were regularly in the CL and competing with the best it shows the utter lack of ambition and investment from the boardroom. Sad how it's come to this.

Starting 11 looking like the same as Saturday with the exception of Montgomery for Bolingoli.
McCarthy's absence due to a slight muscle injury which will keep him out again but should be back for Saturday. No word on whether Juranovic will make the squad.
I would start Jota & Johnston as the wingers and give Abada a much needed rest but more likely that Abada will start with Johnston coming on later.
Random vaccine passport checks come into force today so anyone going should maybe go up a bit earlier than normal as there's bound to be delays. A pre match pint less for me and head up for 3pm.
Think we'll get a 2-1 win.

The league is our priority but its important for us to be competitive in Europe as well. Good for the players, experience and morale to play well at this level. We underestimated this side last time that wont be the case this time. We really should have at least a point on the board already imo I'm hoping for a strong performance and the likes of Turnbull to show up in the big games I fancy a win here for us 2-1 mon the hoops HH ☘

What's going on with McCarthy? Just a day before the well game AP said he had benefited from the international break to get some fitness training in, then he wasn't even on the bench? Now it's a muscle pull? We don't need any passengers this season. Shape up or ship out.

I (obviously wrongly) thot as no champion league games played at that time Celtic TV could show it.
I live in Oz where Euro games are played in the middle of the night.
I watch them when I get up next day, as long as I don't know the score its like watching it live.
Celtic TV don't show games live in this country, only abroad.

What's going on with McCarthy? Just a day before the well game AP said he had benefited from the international break to get some fitness training in, then he wasn't even on the bench? Now it's a muscle pull? We don't need any passengers this season. Shape up or ship out.
Assume he must have got an injury in training the day before Motherwell, same as Montgomery.
If its shape up or ship out does that apply to Forrest? Jullien? Johnston? They've all been passengers for more than a year (Jullien slightly less than a year)
We knew what we were getting with McCarthy, a very good player when fit, but when fit is a rare occurrence. That's what you get when someone who knows nothing about football gets involved in the signing of players.

Celtic v Ferencvaros – Spotlight on the 32 times Hungarian Champions...Niall's look at today's opponents...​

I took 3-0 on the predictor so that's bad news as I'm bottom of the Europa league, just like Celtic! Meeting up with Niall at the game so looking forward to that.

Assume he must have got an injury in training the day before Motherwell, same as Montgomery.
If its shape up or ship out does that apply to Forrest? Jullien? Johnston? They've all been passengers for more than a year (Jullien slightly less than a year)
We knew what we were getting with McCarthy, a very good player when fit, but when fit is a rare occurrence. That's what you get when someone who knows nothing about football gets involved in the signing of players.
Forrest has been with us over 10 years, we all saw Jullien collide with the goalpost saving a goal, wee Mikey has been unlucky with injuries for sure. (He's in the last chance saloon).
I'm hoping McCarthy can show us his best form but you have to wonder why we signed a 30 yr old player with an injury history on a 4 year deal??
Whoever thought that was good strategy needs their arse kicked.

I feared this when he signed up hes been out with injuries a lot whilst in England

Back