Celtic v Ferencvaros - Champions League 2nd Qualifier, Wednesday 26 August 7.45pm - all comments here

The stats from the DU game showed we created 20 odd chances, just didn;t put them away, Eddy got kicked more than the ball. No help from the manager in shared responsibility to get a goal ( two strikers). Adjeti comes on ( striker) we get a goal. Next match , we sprint backwartds by playing no natural striker. Poor christie with that pressure on him. Raging with Lennon at the moment and looking for reasons why he was so daft

How difficult can it be for Lennon.
From January to end of season we played 352 and we blew teams away. It is a formation that got the best out of our best players. This season he has returned to a 4231 formation that we ditched last season because is wasn’t working. It’s the same players so why change back to a failed system?Throw in the usual Lennon trait of the occasional square peg in round holes (see Cluj, Copenhagen) and tonight is not a surprise.

I was surprised and disappointed when Lenny got the job. He was wise enough not to alter Roger's system and so we won the league and the next season he got away with the league because the Huns imploded. If he continues this season there will be no 10. How can you play any game without a striker and expect to win.

This season for me is about the 10, no way I'll have the chance to see it in my lifetime if we don't do it this year.Tonight is disappointing, avoidable and worrying, we still have the best players , best structure and history so .. onwards and upwards. Hoping NL and those around him see the failures tonight and give new players a chance, Henrik wouldnt have got a second match with these ideals prevailing.

I can't see Lennon being sacked especially now the new season has started. He'll ride out the storm. I've asked on here before, what does John Kennedy do? It doesn't seem to matter who's manager, he's hangin about like a bad fuckin smell and nobody seems to know what he's at. Every so often you hear "John kennedys great at his job". Well what the fuck is it he's great at?
I know one thing he seems to be good at...... Pickin that big fuckin snout of his. Every time the camera panned onto him tonight he seemed to be buried to the fuckin elbow.

Playing no Strikers at home in a must win match is criminal. Lennon put his faith in the old guard , we scraped by with an Ajeti goal against Dundee, that should have been a wake up call. It looks like Lennon has dropped into apathy and that most likely is through frustration. Who knows? Not a fan o him but he has delivered, notably after New Year. ( more of a Hun collapse maybe?) There are underlying issues here. We should be way in front domestically and a fortress in europe, why are we not? Has Lennon created a divide by sticking to his pals ( midfielders) , denying all new blood? Lennon gambled and lost, to say he will get criticism and that he is ok with that? He got it the last time, he didn't learn, does that mean he ignores it? Above it maybe? Lawells puppet, no one can challenge his decisions. Standards are falling faster than lassies pants at a Cliff Richard concert!
Succinctly put👍

I definitely do not want Lennon out. But he had better get his act together very quickly and stop the bizarre tactics, formations and team selections. If he doesn't then he jeopardises 10IAR and beyond. You have my support but it is not blind faith either.

Seconded BB. I think it would be a knee jerk reaction to say Lenny needs to go after this but I still think he's tactically naive and he needs better advisers around him if he wants to get a fucking handle on this team, any coaching staff worth their salt would have called Lenny out on playing Christie in that role when you have 2 strikers there to choose from.

Truth is we need a total shake-up all over the pitch, we've become stale and predictable and it's time for some fresh ideas and some regulars to be reminded that they need to earn their place in the team. None of that starting 11 should be safe after that shambles tonight.

Once again we lose out to inferior opponents because fthe men in charge put profit before everything else, play safe until we qualify then we’ll spend
, how’s that working out for us? I’d bet on Eddy being sold and few if any new signings but plenty of speculation and rumours to keep the masses happy. On the manager, I think we could all see the way the game was going , pity he couldn’t or wouldn’t admit changes were required long before he was forced to make them. It was criminal to start without a striker and I think his excuses are just that feeble don’t blame me excuses, but ultimately it is his fault he is incapable of making tactical changes unless it’s a reaction to going behind. I’m of the opinion that’s to progress he has to go and now this movie is too familiar it’s getting old.
Well put and welcome to the Noise pal👍

As a newcomer on here, I doubt my opinion will mean much, but Lennon rode on Rodgers success and now his vision is starting to shine through people are seeing what all the people who never wanted him in the job again where saying. Thanks for your 1st term Lennon, but coming back was a mistake. We could have built on Rodgers foundations the way he built on Deilas. Instead, we go back to the old drawing board. After Rodgers we could have attracted a real top class manager who played the football Deila tried to play, the football Rodgers got us to play early on in his reign, with the tactics to boot - maybe even a better European tactician than Rodgers was. But no. Let's get Lenny! He'll do as he's told and not put pressure on the board like Rodgers did. A board that does not give a single f#ck about 10iar.

As a newcomer on here, I doubt my opinion will mean much, but Lennon rode on Rodgers success and now his vision is starting to shine through people are seeing what all the people who never wanted him in the job again where saying. Thanks for your 1st term Lennon, but coming back was a mistake. We could have built on Rodgers foundations the way he built on Deilas. Instead, we go back to the old drawing board. After Rodgers we could have attracted a real top class manager who played the football Deila tried to play, the football Rodgers got us to play early on in his reign, with the tactics to boot - maybe even a better European tactician than Rodgers was. But no. Let's get Lenny! He'll do as he's told and not put pressure on the board like Rodgers did. A board that does not give a single f#ck about 10iar.
We do give a shit about your opinion pal and welcome👍

Back