Celtic v Feyenoord, Friendly, Celtic Park on Wednesday at some time

Aye, just back in via the local hun pub, just had tae go in for a few beers & annoy them, also tae see if they've sorted the firestick yet, they haven't 😂😂😂

Thought we had a decent 1st half, hope for more of the same in 2nd half, considering it was a dead rubber it was a decent game. Thought then fef was a total walloper how Feyenoord finish the game with 11 on the park is baffling.

Only moan it was fuckin Baltic the night & my hands wur fuckin frozen

Well that's Europe done for another season. There's always next seasons

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🇮🇪☘️COYBIG☘️YNWA☘️🇮🇪🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

I'd go with a bit of a shadow team for this one.
Next up we've got the Edinburgh huns, then the drug dealers' then away to Dundee before facing the tribute huns.

Need to rest a few players

Bain
Ralston
Welsh
Lager
Frame

Bernardo
Holm
Turbull

Forrest
Mickey
Palma
7 of them played some part last night...

And a good shout about Frame albeit he played a bit further forward...

👏👏

FFS! How does that sad, thick, biased buffoon continue to steal a wage from Sky for his reporting skills? He is supposed to be promoting Scottish fitba and instead he constantly lets it down. If that was Sutton reporting on a late winner for sevco he'd be enthusiastic and excitedly relaying what happened.

He is just a walloper. They'd be as well using Helium Heid instead - even he would be less biased.

Does anyone think Frame should be in the picture for Saturday 🤔😜
Joking aside, I would start him. GT was brilliant last night, but I think he needs a rest. Also LB has been a problem position in the past and may be again.

If we can solve that problem from within, then in theory at least it's more money to spend in other areas.

Start him Saturday and give him some minutes off the bench in our next few games.

Who cares?
No doubt BR will send out strongest available team to try to get a win that his ego needs and get the 10 years since a CL win monkey off the team's back, but in reality we should leave the likes of CCV, AJ, CalMac, O'Riley on the sidelines and keep them fresh for the important game this week. Start Kyogo since he's missed the last 2 games and needs a goal to his confidence back. Bernardo obviously starts as it's a European game.
Whoever plays we won't win, a draw at best
A great result and great (backs to the wall, all hands to the pumps at times) performance.. Where was this attitude on Sunday???
Perhaps the biggest question is how did Feynoord finish with eleven men?? Answer?? Courtesy of an incompetent French referee.
Now let's bring this attitude and performance to Saturday's game and start to produce some consistency in our game.
COYBIG.

Joking aside, I would start him. GT was brilliant last night, but I think he needs a rest. Also LB has been a problem position in the past and may be again.

If we can solve that problem from within, then in theory at least it's more money to spend in other areas.

Start him Saturday and give him some minutes off the bench in our next few games.
Personally I would not drop Taylor now he has found form for one of our most tricky matches of the season. I agree he is looking tired but the next two games are against Livi & Dundee so he can rest up in one of them if he needs a rest before the Winter Break.

I really don't know much about Frame, but he was excellent last night. I would keep him in the forward role like he excelled in last night. Palma can come on from the bench as an impact sub during the second half.

Hopefully Frame continues to develop and fulfil his potential to become a star for us. But I'd still be looking to buy a left back (someone with a bit of height to protect the back post better) in the January window and offload Bernabei if he is never going to get a game for us.

Personally I would not drop Taylor now he has found form for one of our most tricky matches of the season. I agree he is looking tired but the next two games are against Livi & Dundee so he can rest up in one of them if he needs a rest before the Winter Break.

I really don't know much about Frame, but he was excellent last night. I would keep him in the forward role like he excelled in last night. Palma can come on from the bench as an impact sub during the second half.

Hopefully Frame continues to develop and fulfil his potential to become a star for us. But I'd still be looking to buy a left back (someone with a bit of height to protect the back post better) in the January window and offload Bernabei if he is never going to get a game for us.
All good points, but if in Frame we have the makings of another KT, then we should explore that possibility before bringing in an other LB and blocking his development.

That's more likely to give us the next Vata.

Might have got a bit carried away with suggesting we start him on Sat, but he should at least get a good few minutes from the bench at LB.

Frame did very well when he came on but most likely he won't even make the bench on Saturday with CCV, Nawrocki and maybe Maeda to come in and there being 2 less places than last night. Would be a poor decision if that's the case but that's how we treat our own youngsters.
If his name was Michel Framez and he came on loan from Benfica then he'd be in the starting eleven.

Frame did very well when he came on but most likely he won't even make the bench on Saturday with CCV, Nawrocki and maybe Maeda to come in and there being 2 less places than last night. Would be a poor decision if that's the case but that's how we treat our own youngsters.
If his name was Michel Framez and he came on loan from Benfica then he'd be in the starting eleven.
In these days of any 5 subs from 9 in every league fixture, we should have at least 1 or 2 of our own youths available on the bench so we can introduce them whenever the opportunity arises. This gives them great experience, lets us see if they have what it takes to step up and also provides a career path for them as well as clearly demonstrate to their colleagues that they have this means of progression if they stay with us and are good enough.

Hopefully this will stop us losing the likes of Hickey, Doaks, Vata, etc, for a pittance. As you say, we are happy enough to use these places for an endless conveyor belt of young foreign projects, but ignore our own home-grown players who should make up the majority of our "projects".

In these days of any 5 subs from 9 in every league fixture, we should have at least 1 or 2 of our own youths available on the bench so we can introduce them whenever the opportunity arises. This gives them great experience, lets us see if they have what it takes to step up and also provides a career path for them as well as clearly demonstrate to their colleagues that they have this means of progression if they stay with us and are good enough.
100% this, however when we apply Lawwell's sign them cheap pile them high transfer policy we end up, like now, with bloated squads of 30+ players where the manager has to try to keep everyone in the first team squad happy and has no space for any promising youngsters. Ideally a team like Celtic should have a 25 man squad with the best half dozen or so youngsters training with the first team and getting at least one place on the bench

I sincerely hope the kid is rewarded for his efforts last night. He did all that was asked of him. A place on the bench would, I'm sure, be further encouragement for him.

This is where my realty based self kicks in. I honestly think the next three games are vital to our ambition as far as this season goes. For me we should stick with our experienced players; those who are available that is.

I really want to get to January without anymore damage done to our league position.

A great result and great (backs to the wall, all hands to the pumps at times) performance.. Where was this attitude on Sunday???
Perhaps the biggest question is how did Feynoord finish with eleven men?? Answer?? Courtesy of an incompetent French referee.
Now let's bring this attitude and performance to Saturday's game and start to produce some consistency in our game.
COYBIG.
Some of the refs decision were head scratching. In saying that no referee in Scotland would have given us the penalty, neither would a VAR official ask him to take another look

100% this, however when we apply Lawwell's sign them cheap pile them high transfer policy we end up, like now, with bloated squads of 30+ players where the manager has to try to keep everyone in the first team squad happy and has no space for any promising youngsters. Ideally a team like Celtic should have a 25 man squad with the best half dozen or so youngsters training with the first team and getting at least one place on the bench
Lawwell hasn't sussed that his preferred policy actually probably costs us money.We have wasted £millions on maintaining a youth development programme that has only produced Forrest, CalMac and Tierney for us in the last 20 years! We buy more than half a dozen inexperienced projects trying to find the next diamond like VVD or Wanyama, but the reality is that we waste a few £M on the majority of them in transfer fees and wages that has to be written off as we offload them (often paying up a year or two's wages to get them off of the books) for free or just a token fee.

I'm not saying dump this business model completely, but spend a little more on fewer more experienced players, bring in a couple of foreign projects and give our own youngsters a chance.

Lawwell reminds me of a pal who used to go out to the pub every Saturday - when we met him on a Saturday night he always insisted he was £40 up in his gambling, as he remembered that win he had in the 3:30 at Chepstow. But if you were ever out with him you realised that he lost £10 to £20 on another dozen races, but all he went on about was his big win! Lawwell is like that as he only focusses on his big gamble wins with Van Dyke and Wanyama, and ignores the large amount of dross that failed.

I know this sounds like I am being entitled here as we are enjoying a period of unprecedented success, but I have a nagging feeling that this is despite PL's meddling in the player recruitment and not as a result of it.

Lawwell hasn't sussed that his preferred policy actually probably costs us money.We have wasted £millions on maintaining a youth development programme that has only produced Forrest, CalMac and Tierney for us in the last 20 years! We buy more than half a dozen inexperienced projects trying to find the next diamond like VVD or Wanyama, but the reality is that we waste a few £M on the majority of them in transfer fees and wages that has to be written off as we offload them (often paying up a year or two's wages to get them off of the books) for free or just a token fee.

I'm not saying dump this business model completely, but spend a little more on fewer more experienced players, bring in a couple of foreign projects and give our own youngsters a chance.

Lawwell reminds me of a pal who used to go out to the pub every Saturday - when we met him on a Saturday night he always insisted he was £40 up in his gambling, as he remembered that win he had in the 3:30 at Chepstow. But if you were ever out with him you realised that he lost £10 to £20 on another dozen races, but all he went on about was his big win! Lawwell is like that as he only focusses on his big gamble wins with Van Dyke and Wanyama, and ignores the large amount of dross that failed.

I know this sounds like I am being entitled here as we are enjoying a period of unprecedented success, but I have a nagging feeling that this is despite PL's meddling in the player recruitment and not as a result of it.
Wait a minute, Bridie, hold on......are you actually telling us you've got a pal? There's hope for me yet!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back