Celtic v Feyenoord, Friendly, Celtic Park on Wednesday at some time

FFS! How does that sad, thick, biased buffoon continue to steal a wage from Sky for his reporting skills? He is supposed to be promoting Scottish fitba and instead he constantly lets it down. If that was Sutton reporting on a late winner for sevco he'd be enthusiastic and excitedly relaying what happened.

He is just a walloper. They'd be as well using Helium Heid instead - even he would be less biased.
Because they know they get a reaction in the hope that someone is watching.

While critical of Taylor, I would stick with him for this match. It is a tough match, and he knows what it is about. Experience will be important. And he was decent enough last night. Let him build on that again and be the player he was last year. I think they would target a young lad for a roughing up. I'm not saying he is not up to it, but think there may be more suitable matches to give him experience he needs. A win is a must.

Last edited:
Lawwell hasn't sussed that his preferred policy actually probably costs us money.We have wasted £millions on maintaining a youth development programme that has only produced Forrest, CalMac and Tierney for us in the last 20 years! We buy more than half a dozen inexperienced projects trying to find the next diamond like VVD or Wanyama, but the reality is that we waste a few £M on the majority of them in transfer fees and wages that has to be written off as we offload them (often paying up a year or two's wages to get them off of the books) for free or just a token fee.

I'm not saying dump this business model completely, but spend a little more on fewer more experienced players, bring in a couple of foreign projects and give our own youngsters a chance.

Lawwell reminds me of a pal who used to go out to the pub every Saturday - when we met him on a Saturday night he always insisted he was £40 up in his gambling, as he remembered that win he had in the 3:30 at Chepstow. But if you were ever out with him you realised that he lost £10 to £20 on another dozen races, but all he went on about was his big win! Lawwell is like that as he only focusses on his big gamble wins with Van Dyke and Wanyama, and ignores the large amount of dross that failed.

I know this sounds like I am being entitled here as we are enjoying a period of unprecedented success, but I have a nagging feeling that this is despite PL's meddling in the player recruitment and not as a result of it.
A great analogy BB. The problem with Lawell is, he thinks he knows about football. He may know a bit about football finance. But he knows sweet damn all about football. His ego will not allow him admit this. He would, in my opinion, be a Celtic legend now, had he stuck to his job of running the club, seen us treated fairly, and stayed out of the football side of things. It is a pity, but such is hubris.

Last edited:
FFS 50 Scales NEVER was a left back. Leave him where he is best suited.
I beg to differ Vigo, he's left footed tall a decent range of passing with a bit of pace and can header a ball.... As you know mate we get targeted down that side by just about every opposition team these days due to us having a small LB who aint any good in the air... Granted Liam is having a decent season at CB especially alongside CCV... But until we sign someone to Challenge /take the LB position I'd be delighted to see Liam move back to that position... Thats what he was at Shamrock rovers and what we signed him on...

H.H

Some of the refs decision were head scratching. In saying that no referee in Scotland would have given us the penalty, neither would a VAR official ask him to take another look
The ref went to this clown not once but twice before we took the free and he still done it, you and I know its a stonewall penalty.... But your right in the Scottish league only one team gets that atm.... I was only more concerned about how a ref 2 assistants and a VAR team continually missed the off the ball fouls when we were attacking their box or defending ours.... Not just the usual block or pull either.

Thought he was poor most of the night and the pen was about the only thing he got right...

The ref went to this clown not once but twice before we took the free and he still done it, you and I know its a stonewall penalty.... But your right in the Scottish league only one team gets that atm.... I was only more concerned about how a ref 2 assistants and a VAR team continually missed the off the ball fouls when we were attacking their box or defending ours.... Not just the usual block or pull either.

Thought he was poor most of the night and the pen was about the only thing he got right...
I was quite liking the ref early on as he was letting play flow. But the Feyenoord players saw that then they started taking liberties to see if they could get away with a bit of nastiness. Once he booked them then he chickened out and refused to apply the rules and issue second yellows which were definitely deserved.

The penalty was shear stupidity by the defender. As you rightly said, he held up the corner twice to specifically tell him to stop grabbing Scales. As soon as the corner was taken the idiot grabbed him to stop him attacking the ball and the ref was yards away concentrating on him. I was pretty sure the ref was determined to even things up in the second half and give them a penalty for the same offence so well done to our players for remaining disciplined and not doing it - it didn't stop several Dutch guys sprawling to the ground looking at the ref pleading for him to gift them a penalty for a made up infringement.

Thought Scales upped our levels of shithousery in the second half, anytime he cleared and one of there players tried to stop him he hit the deck and screamed out. Happened at least three time sin front of where I sit in the Main Stand. Won us many free kicks and took the pressure off. This is something we are normally rubbish at, too honest whilst the opponents throw themselves to the ground when there's minimal contact. So well done to Scales, hopefully more of his team mates do more of this next season in Europe.

Thought Scales upped our levels of shithousery in the second half, anytime he cleared and one of there players tried to stop him he hit the deck and screamed out. Happened at least three time sin front of where I sit in the Main Stand. Won us many free kicks and took the pressure off. This is something we are normally rubbish at, too honest whilst the opponents throw themselves to the ground when there's minimal contact. So well done to Scales, hopefully more of his team mates do more of this next season in Europe.
Ralston is also very good at this, gets us free kicks and relieves pressure.

I beg to differ Vigo, he's left footed tall a decent range of passing with a bit of pace and can header a ball.... As you know mate we get targeted down that side by just about every opposition team these days due to us having a small LB who aint any good in the air... Granted Liam is having a decent season at CB especially alongside CCV... But until we sign someone to Challenge /take the LB position I'd be delighted to see Liam move back to that position... Thats what he was at Shamrock rovers and what we signed him on...

H.H
I'll go along with that. Taylor's form has dropped off a cliff and seems to get in Palma's way more often than not.

The View from 403....

First of all, credit to both sets of fans, the Dutch boys backed their team and were pretty vocal, which seemed to start a wee fire under the Celtic fans and get them into the atmosphere and we got behind the team...
Whole raft of Dutch boys in section 402, but other than a wee rant from one or 2 Tims it was fine,,, although I do wonder if the big Dutch guy that asked me were the bar was??? ever found it 😁🍻🙄.

A good win, but for once our luck held, they moved the ball better and faster than we did all night.

The fab four at the back defended as if their lifes depended on it and were only caught out once or twice....

The mids looked assured until Tomo got injured then in the space of 10 mins they played through the middle and almost scored, even putting it in the pokey at one point although offside was correctly given... Dropping Calmac back seemed to help and they went back to the wings.... Mikey and Palma seen a good bit of the ball without really being creative and Kyogo was lively but ineffective mostly, although should have scored with at least one through ball..

Bernardo struggled to start with but grew into it I thought and Matt finally came over to the left side and produced the pass of the night... Lets keep him on that side please...

All in all, they played the better football and kept the ball longer than we did, but ultimately big Joe was on form and had a few cracking saves....

Delighted with the win and once again Feyenoord fans were a credit to their team... Unlike they other Dutch gits....

God bless you Wim

H.H and YNWA

Taylor was outstanding in the second half last night and is a great wee player....I can however feel a degree of "scapegoatery" creeping in around him
Taylor played well last night but a noticeable problem I saw in 2nd half (I was in direct line with it) was when we were under pressure and trying to hold our defensive line he dropped a yard deeper than everyone else, playing players on in the middle. The reason was obvious in that the Feyenoord RW & RB were very fast and Taylor knew he couldn't match them for pace. He was also getting no help from Palma who doesn't track back. It improved when young Frame came on, he tracked back and his speed could match their players so Taylor could tuck in slightly and hold the defensive line knowing Frame was out wide stopping the ball in behind.
Taylor is targeted because of his size, lack of pace and his tendency to invert (which is when he is also at his best). A good player to have in the squad but he needs more competition for his place and the team needs an alternative left back who can bomb forward and over lap.

Last edited:
I was quite liking the ref early on as he was letting play flow. But the Feyenoord players saw that then they started taking liberties to see if they could get away with a bit of nastiness. Once he booked them then he chickened out and refused to apply the rules and issue second yellows which were definitely deserved.

The penalty was shear stupidity by the defender. As you rightly said, he held up the corner twice to specifically tell him to stop grabbing Scales. As soon as the corner was taken the idiot grabbed him to stop him attacking the ball and the ref was yards away concentrating on him. I was pretty sure the ref was determined to even things up in the second half and give them a penalty for the same offence so well done to our players for remaining disciplined and not doing it - it didn't stop several Dutch guys sprawling to the ground looking at the ref pleading for him to gift them a penalty for a made up infringement.
Spot on with the penalty (apologies for the obvious pun) the guy was warned twice prior to the ball coming in, and if you watch the replay, the defender doesn't watch the flight of the ball, his only concern as stopping Scales getting to it, just grabs him around the neck and well done the big man for getting the call, agree with some of the non calls which should have seen a couple of them sent off, their continual following through, and stamping on Celtic players, was infuriating to watch go unpunished, but all in all, we got the W, and it sets us up well for the run in to the New Year...hope the Spanish polis have got their batons and other instruments of torture, set for the currant buns today HH

Spot on with the penalty (apologies for the obvious pun) the guy was warned twice prior to the ball coming in, and if you watch the replay, the defender doesn't watch the flight of the ball, his only concern as stopping Scales getting to it, just grabs him around the neck and well done the big man for getting the call, agree with some of the non calls which should have seen a couple of them sent off, their continual following through, and stamping on Celtic players, was infuriating to watch go unpunished, but all in all, we got the W, and it sets us up well for the run in to the New Year...hope the Spanish polis have got their batons and other instruments of torture, set for the currant buns today HH
Knew it was a PK when i saw the Feynoord coach watching a rerun and his face told all, he looked at his assistant and muttered in double dutch (to me it was) vot a vanker.

H.H
I reckon it would be a great waste of a decent Centre Back

Last edited:
The View from 403....

First of all, credit to both sets of fans, the Dutch boys backed their team and were pretty vocal, which seemed to start a wee fire under the Celtic fans and get them into the atmosphere and we got behind the team...
Whole raft of Dutch boys in section 402, but other than a wee rant from one or 2 Tims it was fine,,, although I do wonder if the big Dutch guy that asked me were the bar was??? ever found it 😁🍻🙄.

A good win, but for once our luck held, they moved the ball better and faster than we did all night.

The fab four at the back defended as if their lifes depended on it and were only caught out once or twice....

The mids looked assured until Tomo got injured then in the space of 10 mins they played through the middle and almost scored, even putting it in the pokey at one point although offside was correctly given... Dropping Calmac back seemed to help and they went back to the wings.... Mikey and Palma seen a good bit of the ball without really being creative and Kyogo was lively but ineffective mostly, although should have scored with at least one through ball..

Bernardo struggled to start with but grew into it I thought and Matt finally came over to the left side and produced the pass of the night... Lets keep him on that side please...

All in all, they played the better football and kept the ball longer than we did, but ultimately big Joe was on form and had a few cracking saves....

Delighted with the win and once again Feyenoord fans were a credit to their team... Unlike they other Dutch gits....

God bless you Wim

H.H and YNWA
Great post 50.

Back