Celtic v Hearts, Celtic Park, Saturday 16th December, 3pm kick off

As I said before this is beginning to look like the tiar season and lately they’re proving me right apart from Wednesday night we’ve been shite five points ahead now the scum have 2 games in hand so potentially 1 point behind in a league we should have been out of sight RODGERS has destroyed our team and he should be shown the door NOW!!!!!
Idt that we're as bad as that season Dougie, as disappointed as we all are at how recent events have gone we're still the team to beat.
I'm not sugarcoating anything, far from it yesterday was lower than a snakes belly.
Still, as bad as we've been lately it's been mixed with some good stuff too, not something I remember from that season.
We're only at the halfway stage so it's still early days , we're still top and that shows how poor they have been also as an in form sevco would be closer if not already above us.
We simply have to beat Livingston and Dundee then do that mob at tims only day at CP.
It's big time disappointing to see that lead thrown away, but we are still in the driving seat.
That was far from Celtic standard yesterday but the fact we've been pish of late and still sit top gives me encouragement.
I'm as gutted as anyone to lose to the diets at home but it is early days and titles aren't won in December.
I'd rather be in our position than any other's.
It happened , we can't change it but we can make sure it doesn't happen again.
Reading this stream is akin to reading the obituaries columns ( which I don't btw) .
We need some positivity , all of us at all stations through the club.
Let them rejoice in our poor displays and results but we shouldn't join them in that , lets keep the faith , top of the table and hopefully Robson and Aberdeen can knock the wind out of their sails later today.
We lost, and it happens , not very often granted so it hurts more when it does, we aren't beaten though.
So let the hundits have their happy hour , write Celtic off at your own risk , this isn't aimed at you Dougie I just picked up on the tiar season point the rest is my wee feet back on the ground mini rant.
I see Rodgers getting lots of stick and blame some right some wrong as he wasn't backed like Ange, who also lost a few howlers and both are human like us not divine entities.
KEEP THE FAITH
GLASGOWS GREEN AND WHITE HH

The biggest problem is really Desmond. The board and Lawell are nothing but his his lackey lapdogs. They wouldn't dare make any decision of consequence without his approval. Otherwise they would immediately be off the board. Sadly, he is in control, and is another person of the most extreme hubris, with an ego to match. He will not allow anybody prove his judgement wrong. And we are stuck with him.
This topic POD of Desmond owning Celtic is one that's concerned me for a good while, he's an older man with less years in front now.
So what happens to Celtic after Desmond?
Does jnr inherit or is his majority stake sold?
Both are concerning situations , as much as I'd love to see us mega bucks Newcastle style , buy anyone we want I also don't want Arab's, yanks, Asians who know little of our club tobe in control.
I have as much say over that as yesterday's team sheet but it is a concern , Desmond is what 396 years old now?

This topic POD of Desmond owning Celtic is one that's concerned me for a good while, he's an older man with less years in front now.
Both are concerning situations , as much as I'd love to see us mega bucks Newcastle style , buy anyone we want I also don't want Arab's, yanks, Asians who know little of our club tobe in control.
I have as much say over that as yesterday's team sheet but it is a concern , Desmond is what 396 years old now?
Ross.

I’m probably wrong but all this doom and gloom started when the GB we’re banned
We started playing poor about the same time but somehow got through draws now 2 in a row defeats.
As I said probably wrong

HH😔
Fkn GB bassas , piss us off when they're there piss us off when they're not , it's aw they're fault 😛

Idt that we're as bad as that season Dougie, as disappointed as we all are at how recent events have gone we're still the team to beat.
I'm not sugarcoating anything, far from it yesterday was lower than a snakes belly.
Still, as bad as we've been lately it's been mixed with some good stuff too, not something I remember from that season.
We're only at the halfway stage so it's still early days , we're still top and that shows how poor they have been also as an in form sevco would be closer if not already above us.
We simply have to beat Livingston and Dundee then do that mob at tims only day at CP.
It's big time disappointing to see that lead thrown away, but we are still in the driving seat.
That was far from Celtic standard yesterday but the fact we've been pish of late and still sit top gives me encouragement.
I'm as gutted as anyone to lose to the diets at home but it is early days and titles aren't won in December.
Reading this stream is akin to reading the obituaries columns ( which I don't btw) .
Let them rejoice in our poor displays and results but we shouldn't join them in that , lets keep the faith , top of the table and hopefully Robson and Aberdeen can knock the wind out of their sails later today.
We lost, and it happens , not very often granted so it hurts more when it does, we aren't beaten though.
So let the hundits have their happy hour , write Celtic off at your own risk , this isn't aimed at you Dougie I just picked up on the tiar season point the rest is my wee feet back on the ground mini rant.
I see Rodgers getting lots of stick and blame some right some wrong as he wasn't backed like Ange, who also lost a few howlers and both are human like us not divine entities.
KEEP THE FAITH
All this talk about Rogers not being backed. He waited until the window was all but closed before joining. He is a moron when it comes to signings anyway.

Ross.
Aye I know he said that in both their lifetimes neither would sell Celtic but we've heard so much that's turned out to be pish in recent times the only truth it seems is £s

KEEP THE FAITH
A think they’re position is way better than ours winter?cup final?euro quarters?two wins to go in front at Xmas??momentum…

He and his sons have made it quite clear they are never going to let Celtic go. I also suspect they have an arms length stake in the investment companies involved in the club . DD will not in the least be affected by the disgruntlement shown yesterday. It was alleged he had a role in financially supporting, the most corrupt Irish politician of all time. This disgruntlement is water off a duck's back to him. His wealth means he does not need to sell Celtic. It is real wealth. Celtic is a prestige enhancing asset for him. Ideally he wants that to be in the EPL. He is an extremely astute businessman. As long as Celtic is not a loss making operation he will be happy. If this starts to happen he will simply replace Lawell and the board. We are stuck with this family. I do honestly think, he is a genuine Celtic supporter. But not coming at it the way we would like. And primarily in that, is his entrusting Lawell with too much say and power. And Lawell's major focus is on building up the financial base of the club and his own prestige.

Last edited:
A think they’re position is way better than ours winter?cup final?euro quarters?two wins to go in front at Xmas??momentum…
I'd rather have the points on the board Espirito than be chasing, they're into the last 16 not the ¼s and the level of sides they played in the Europa is a far cry from the champions league.
Momentum , I get that but they still have to do it, I still back us to beat them at CP

Last edited:
Everyone has an off day. Let's hope it 's just one day
Yip - but it hasn't just been one day. It has been several daysnow and by the majority of the side on each occasion. That is the concern for me is that we are never learning from our mistakes - it is the same ones over and over again. That is the players and management decisions/selections.

We give fringe players a chance, they grab it with both hands and then disappear from the side for weeks while the same under performing players return to the starting line-up. We watched in horror how this same script played out in the covid season and do not want a repeat of it - especially when there is time to make the necessary adjustments.

Red herring.
Well we know what you think Starfelt pish yet him and CcV best defensive record
Ange great football but he left for silly money
Now we have BR who stupidly signed off on the raw recruits that Ange and the Lawwell team had put in place of all this summer’s signings I think only Palma was his I’m sure Gary 67 will tell me I’m wrong.
We’ve lost players we can’t afford to lose to injuries.
But yes red Herring we’ve went backwards in the league since the GB have been banned
The only time the crowd sung together was to tell the board and Liarwell to get to fuck
Ooh and the booing
Remember the 10 in a row year no crowds at CP you couldn’t lift our players with a 🏗️
Our players feed off the crowd always have throught out its history.
Our Supporters when they back the team like funnily enough on Wednesday at home against the Dutch boys they drove the team on right to the end
Yesterday the end couldn’t come quick enough for them or for me.
But to quote yi I Codl’nt give a flying fish
What angle you’re trying to hake.
I have a bream fur Celtic
Moan the hoops

HH 🎣

But he was appointed ten weeks before the window closed - not ten days!
That makes his lack of backing even worse, he gave an interview congratulating the boards model in buying project players to sell down the line but also said in the same presser he was given 3 options for a player at whichever position, lets say CB and he choses lagerbeilke and Nawrocki, good choices both are decent players whom I think will come good for us, not his targets though. Hopefully we get a lot of the deadwood out and some decent players in this window.

Members online

Back