Celtic v Hearts - Premiership, Sunday 25 August

I'm all for having a Plan B and a Plan C, but they're only worthwhile if you have a Plan A to begin with.

The time for experimentation came and went with pre-season and league cup ties. It's possible that Celtic may have to win 30 league games this season due to the questionable quality of our league. If that's the case, then Lenny has to find his most effective XI and manage the squad to cover for injury, suspension and fatigue.

Even if we do spend some cash in the next 10-days, it's still not certain that these purchases will be game ready. If Lenny knows his team then he has to play it hard and often.

Exactly SP (y)

Other than injuries, players needing rest later in the season or individuals having a collapse in form over a sustained period then Lenny should have a preferred 11 that takes to the field week in week out as well as having a settled system. Your bang on the time for experimentation is over.

Adjustments to personnel and set-up will inevitably happen but they shouldn't happen just for the sake of it, on top of the early injuries we've picked up so far I think we've played about 3 different systems already this season and that can't be good when you're trying to find a level of consistency and blood new players.

HH mate.

Exactly SP (y)

Other than injuries, players needing rest later in the season or individuals having a collapse in form over a sustained period then Lenny should have a preferred 11 that takes to the field week in week out as well as having a settled system. Your bang on the time for experimentation is over.

Adjustments to personnel and set-up will inevitably happen but they shouldn't happen just for the sake of it, on top of the early injuries we've picked up so far I think we've played about 3 different systems already this season and that can't be good when you're trying to find a level of consistency and blood new players.

HH mate.
That Cluj game, Andy, we were all confused about the line-up just watching it! Imagine having to play in that chaos?

Big Kris and Joso looked all at sea, but it was hardly surprising considering they were getting pulled all over the place plugging gaps.

Bit more cohesion last night and it goes to show what happens when you play players in their preferred position (with the exception of big Kris who is worth his weight in krone anywhere).

Still not convinced that Lenny knows his best line-up, but he has to go with a winning side at the moment.

That Cluj game, Andy, we were all confused about the line-up just watching it! Imagine having to play in that chaos?

Big Kris and Joso looked all at sea, but it was hardly surprising considering they were getting pulled all over the place plugging gaps.

Bit more cohesion last night and it goes to show what happens when you play players in their preferred position (with the exception of big Kris who is worth his weight in krone anywhere).

Still not convinced that Lenny knows his best line-up, but he has to go with a winning side at the moment.

Still waking up in a cold sweat wondering what the fuck that was all about SP o_O I hope it haunts Lenny's dreams the way it does mine......at least that way we can be sure it will never be repeated!

Aye who'da thunk it eh......playing players in their proper positions is actually quite a good idea and whisper that about big Kris, just in case Lenny gets any ideas of throwing him in a LB ;):LOL::LOL:

Its like those wee diddy teams that get a couple of good results at the start of the season and somehow find themselves top of the league in August, only to end up fighting relegation from November onwards! I'm enjoying my moment in the sun for just now! ?

Bask away your still top. You should take this uo professionally although i am not advocating you become a mad gambler lol

But I still haven't actually got any results exactly right yet, so the bookies would be well ahead. Just lucky they are allocating points for being close! ?

Wonder how many points the close brothers add for sevco’s i owe you being close ....

Back