Celtic v Hearts Scottish Cup Final - Match Thread

how can you ban player for something ref seen? hence yellow?

or does ref just yellow blind?

Doesn't make sense to me.

He either seen it or he didn't?

Making it up as they go along.

I think the rule if ref seen it or thought he seen it and review suggests he got it wrong with violent conduct then yellow should be allowed to be upgraded.

Didn't a similar thing happen before and dude couldn't be upgraded coz ref called it as he saw it even though it was an honest mistake?
I thought there was the double jeopardy thing or whatever they called it, if the ref took action ( the booking) it couldn't be reviewed?

I think your right that that was their view last time somebody got off having been yellowed it couldn't be upgraded unless ref didn't see it.

But what was yellow for if he didn't see it?
Suppose he could give a yellow for a late tackle or standard foul but claim he didn't see the arm? God knows.
Not the first time a ref hasn't seen that wee shite assault someone!

No I think el Buffalo kicked Broonie in the stones grabbed Christie’s Baws and stood on Celtic players ? Back. Beaton said he saw them and no further action was required this all happened in a game at Ipox.
usually if it’s a booking you cannot do anything but when Aberdeen player hit Eddy the compliance team took it further and that’s the precedent being used

HH 🍀

No I think el Buffalo kicked Broonie in the stones grabbed Christie’s Baws and stood on Celtic players ? Back. Beaton said he saw them and no further action was required this all happened in a game at Ipox.
usually if it’s a booking you cannot do anything but when Aberdeen player hit Eddy the compliance team took it further and that’s the precedent being used

HH 🍀
Gruffalo should have been sent off 3 times in that game!

Or thinking about the consequences afterwards.....as he has friends who are high heed yins huns....The Ref knew it was a red.......
There is no way he could see it and not think it was a red. Morelos is looking at - and clearly aiming for - the player. And there is clear second movement of the elbow as it is flung into the opponent. No-one needs replays or slow motion to see what happened.

It is like a repeat of the horrible mid-90s again when a completely out of control (in every way possible) Paul Gasgoine was allowed to do whatever he wanted on the pitch and the officials just turned a blind eye to it.

If sevco had rightly been reduced to 10 men (or 13 if you include the ref and his 2 brothers on each touchline) for 80 minutes then there is a chance they could have dropped points. Of course snivelling MacLean's cheating ensured that they went on to win the game with a full strength team and El Duffalo will miss the next 2 games only as punishment (I always thought violent conduct was a straight red card plus a 3 match ban, but I must have been mistaken).

There is no way he could see it and not think it was a red. Morelos is looking at - and clearly aiming for - the player. And there is clear second movement of the elbow as it is flung into the opponent. No-one needs replays or slow motion to see what happened.

It is like a repeat of the horrible mid-90s again when a completely out of control (in every way possible) Paul Gasgoine was allowed to do whatever he wanted on the pitch and the officials just turned a blind eye to it.

If sevco had rightly been reduced to 10 men (or 13 if you include the ref and his 2 brothers on each touchline) for 80 minutes then there is a chance they could have dropped points. Of course snivelling MacLean's cheating ensured that they went on to win the game with a full strength team and El Duffalo will miss the next 2 games only as punishment (I always thought violent conduct was a straight red card plus a 3 match ban, but I must have been mistaken).
(I always thought violent conduct was a straight red card plus a 3 match ban, but I must have been mistaken). An honest mistake tae make BB! 🍺 🎼

Beaton is the ref for Sunday's game. You could not make this up. The most bigoted ref in Scotland will only book players wearing hoops. Hearts know this and will try to even things up by fouling our players. We have a great squad but will need the subs if we are to finish the match with 11 players.

Beaton is the ref for Sunday's game. You could not make this up. The most bigoted ref in Scotland will only book players wearing hoops. Hearts know this and will try to even things up by fouling our players. We have a great squad but will need the subs if we are to finish the match with 11 players.
Fisani, your right Naismith Halliday in their ranks will kick with purpose on Sunday. Imo we have to prepare for the hospital tackles that could put a player out for the season. Those players I mentioned do have an agenda anti Celtic anti Catholic. It all depends on how Beaton refs the game, if he's leniant with Hearts players it means a riot.

I hope Beaton refs the game on Sunday fairly. We know the history of the ex huns in the Hearts side. I do worry about our players, I hope they don't get caught up in Hearts winding them up. We need 11 players on the pitch to win. Be strong Celtic show the world we are back humiliate the Hearts. 5 0 the tic.

This MIB will do everything in his power to disrupt any flow Celtic have and along with his bigoted views he has on every foul on Celtic players. We know the script just need to pray for the likes of Turnbull who they know will be a threat to their big cousins soon. HH

Why not start it early?

We're all a bit buzzing from the second performance in a row this season!

If Lennon starts his old guard, that have fucked up so badly this season, then it's just a middle finger up at the support imho.

The ones that "got us there" were last seasons players. This season they've been shite, in general, so why the fuck should we risk the completion of an historic 4th treble on misfiring players who've been more than adequately replaced in the last couple of games?

Mon the HOOOOPS!
And Sevco are 1-1 v the Buddies in the league cup the now. No sponsor on tap, why?

Members online

Latest posts

Back