Celtic v Hearts Scottish Cup Final - Match Thread

Heres one fot the stats with the Scottish Cup been last years tournament and the LC this seasons tournament, should Celtic win the SC, will it be Celtics 36 game unbeaten run as opposed to 35 brought to an end as we are the only team with Hearts who can participate in this run.

Soro is more than capable. That's 2 games now he's got stuck in. Power and pace in closing down. If Brown starts it will be because he's lennons mate and not for any tactical reason. Hearts will play against us the way every other club in scotland has. Brown hasn't done it for us this season. There's no way brown losing the ball then tracking back 30 yards to win it without giving away a dangerous foul...thats exactly what soro gives us. Our captain is a legend and without disrespecting him, should be brought on when the game is won to shore up midfield. No way anyone should lose their place to him. Especially Soro.

A fair point well made. Soro looks like Brown's heir apparent and is on form I can't argue with that. Personally, I think Brown has a certain skillset that can't be ignored in a cup final. Plus three weeks rest watching Soro come in and make a very good case for taking his place should see him fit and motivated to step out onto Hampden and show the young upstart that he's not quite finished yet. It's a game of opinions. If Soro plays I'm not unhappy, if Brown plays I'm not unhappy. If Brown, Bain, Christie, Eddy, Ntcham etc all play then that's where I bang my head against a wall!

Naismith will be chief agitator; there'll be a distinct plan to involve us in a kicking match and drag it down to their level.

Of course Lennony's going to stick with established heads who got us there - it's sensible squad management, not 'insane'. There's a fine balance to achieve when dealing with an intense group of focussed, competitive young men. There's a hierarchy within the squad itself, remember.

I'd expect Broon to start, because dropping him for such an iconic occasion is inviting chaos, not competition. What signal is he sending out when the stalwart club captain of the NINE can be trashed over a few recent performances, the guy in the dressing room that the buck stops with? Respect is a big thing among the players.

And, anyway, if we can't afford to utilise Broon against that mob, then he should be shuffled onto the glue factory truck in the morning and half the squad shot round the back of the Jungle as a sacrifice.

Footballers have to earn their stirpes, they all know that. Turning the dressing room upside down is a sure way to lose it. I would expect the recent shining lights to feature, but most from the bench. Soro the exception because he's a bad enough bastard to dish out some punishment to Naismith and all his cohorts Han Solo while the rest of the bhoys take them apart.

Even getting a taste of the occasion is reward enough for the others. If Lennony's got a grip of his men then an established starting eleven switched-up quickly with the new blood if things get turgid should be his plan. Goalie is his real conundrum, but expect his word kept.

However, cometh the Hun game, I'd hope he'd build on the past two matches.

My guess for Sunday:

Bane

Pingpong Ajer Jullien Taylor

Calmac Broon Soro Christie

Elshag

Eddy

Subs:

Barkas, Turnbull, Duffy, Drexl, Klimala, Rogic, Griff

Whether by accident or design, Lenny's stumbled across something in the last 5-days. One can only imagine that Soro and Turnbull will further improve with more and more games and as Boab mentioned previously - you don't want to mess with a winning team.

I don't know the discussions that have been held behind closed doors, but if Lenny has any chance of salvaging his job, then he has to put sentiment on the back burner and go with the players who have done a job for him recently.

Mikey Johnston is an interesting wild card for this game - might be a bit early for him, but I'd love to see him get a wee run out.

I don't know the discussions that have been held behind closed doors, but if Lenny has any chance of salvaging his job, then he has to put sentiment on the back burner and go with the players who have done a job for him recently.
If Lenny loses this with a poor team selection he needs to be gone before the Rangers match.
Get the young guns on it'll be a good text before going over to the shithole that is Ibrox.
Perfect practise before we go there

Team will and should IMO be

Hazard
Aja duffer Julie Laxalt
Frimpong Brown McGregor
Turnbull
Eddie Elyanousi
Broonie shouldn’t be anywhere near this team play the guys that are winning Docco your the positivity guy.
no room for Sentiment it’s a Final.
it’s the Mini’s it’s a confidence booster
Play the Bhoys that are winning comon NFL you know it makes sense.

HH 🍀

Broonie shouldn’t be anywhere near this team play the guys that are winning Docco your the positivity guy.
no room for Sentiment it’s a Final.
it’s the Mini’s it’s a confidence booster
Play the Bhoys that are winning comon NFL you know it makes sense.

HH 🍀

Broony has been the scapegoat throughout the bad run.. unfairly so IMO......he should 100% start against a physical hearts team

Members online

Latest posts

Back