Celtic v Hibs - All comments here

Fantastic game today. The team attacked at every opportunity and where clinical in the final third, if it wasn't for those pesky posts and bar this could have being a 8-2 score line but hey ho.....although kambri's goal for hibs was great.

If anyone, anyone at all, can tell me the point of having Sinclair on the pitch, would you please explain it to me?

Thought McGregor did well in Brown's role.

Depressingly, a game we should have been going in at HT 5-0 up turned into another dodgy match.

No coincidence either that Rogic has turned up for the last two games and has been instrumental in the goals at important stages.

Also, and I hate saying this cause I love the big Swede, but Lustig is done in.

Some good attacking play thought Hibs were better in the 2nd half put us under more pressure although I think it takes a while for the team to adjust when substitutions are made.

If anyone, anyone at all, can tell me the point of having Sinclair on the pitch, would you please explain it to me?

Thought McGregor did well in Brown's role.

Depressingly, a game we should have been going in at HT 5-0 up turned into another dodgy match.

No coincidence either that Rogic has turned up for the last two games and has been instrumental in the goals at important stages.

Also, and I hate saying this cause I love the big Swede, but Lustig is done in.

No pleasing some people. So, unless we go in 5-0 at halftime its classed as a 'dodgy' match?
Lustigs determination to keep the ball and pass it on to Jamsie I think, provided the 1st goal.
We hit the woodwork about 5/6 times and their 'keeper made some terrific stops. I thought everyone played their part and it was a great overall team performance. We all see things differently I suppose.

Some good attacking play thought Hibs were better in the 2nd half put us under more pressure although I think it takes a while for the team to adjust when substitutions are made.
I thought so too. I think they are missing McGinn.

No pleasing some people. So, unless we go in 5-0 at halftime its classed as a 'dodgy' match?
Lustigs determination to keep the ball and pass it on to Jamsie I think, provided the 1st goal.
We hit the woodwork about 5/6 times and their 'keeper made some terrific stops. I thought everyone played their part and it was a great overall team performance. We all see things differently I suppose.

I agree with Anton, none of us wishes to pass poor judgement on our players but we have to be realistic. Lustig is caught out for pace week in week out.

He has been a fantastic servant to our club but its time to move him on as he is no longer able to serve us with the pace required.

You don’t keep a car through sentiment otherwise your cash will depreciate to the point your paying to get rid.

HH ☘️

Why pair up Sinclair ahead of Lustig asking for trouble. Lustig decent 1st half, 2nd he was all over the place cost us 2 goal. Superb save by Craig Gordon at 2-0. Kouassi and Christie can easily play bigger roles at least domestically

Great performance today. Absolutely great going forward, McGregor and Ntcham at their best, Hibs came to score goals and it cost them. Thought there was passages of passing that reminded me of two seasons ago. Could moan about a couple of usual suspects but maybe keep that for another thread. Well chuffed.

Neil Lennon comments after the match were classless. I loved him once but hope he never comes back - a big step backwards.

The French lads are class, Forrest, Rogic and Ntsham were good too. Two centre backs solid. I am going to say something everyone is saying - Lustig is struggling a bit and needs a break. I also think Kieran could do with a break too at times and he needs to be a bit more disciplined in defensive duties. On the flanks at the back we are vulnerable. However, Hibs first goal was unstoppable and the second was the exact opposite. Great game and brilliant atmosphere - proper Saturday :giggle:

Sorry for hogging the thread now but Brendan Rogers post match comments oozed class. He praised the Hibs lads goals and the challenges they presented. BR has been 100% class in how he has handled the press and represented the club. 8 in a row is coming.....:cool:

Neil Lennon comments after the match were classless. I loved him once but hope he never comes back - a big step backwards.

The French lads are class, Forrest, Rogic and Ntsham were good too. Two centre backs solid. I am going to say something everyone is saying - Lustig is struggling a bit and needs a break. I also think Kieran could do with a break too at times and he needs to be a bit more disciplined in defensive duties. On the flanks at the back we are vulnerable. However, Hibs first goal was unstoppable and the second was the exact opposite. Great game and brilliant atmosphere - proper Saturday :giggle:

Heard Lennon, wasn't great from him! Brendan oozes class almost all of the time which makes us more proud to have him as our manager.

I don't feel that Edouard and NCham are the finished article by any means but they are great to have in our team, no doubt about it!

Edouard's hold up play is often abysmal, a similar scenario when Griffiths' plays too. His ability to run with the ball and shrug off defenders is superb. So unlucky hitting the post!

NCham is getting better and better, however, he plays some through balls which are way off the mark it's woeful at times, especially in really good positions. Infuriating actually as his passing in general is great.

Forrest is turning in performances week in week out now, so, something he did not do regularly enough. He is maturing into a senior player and becoming invaluable. Same goes for McGregor - really poor start to the season but we all knew that he was much better. He's no longer a kid on the park.

Biggest improvement over the last few games - Big Tom! I hope we now see the best of him and, like Forrest and McGregor, he takes on the 'senior player' role. At present, he is easily disposed at times as he turns back into trouble and has no pace to get back.

Hibs were great going forward, something we're not used to seeing many teams do - in fact, apart from Hibs, who else actually does have a go at us? We coped really well and I feel the Boyata-Benkovic partnership is as good as we'll see this season.

Apart from going forward, Hibs weren't great at all. We could/should have won by many, many more. A forward is a must in January, especially one who can hold the ball. Easier said than done, I know!

Again, if anyone can justify Sinclair getting a jersey I'd love to hear from them. We virtually played Hibs with 10 men.

I had a wonderful day. Celtic back and against a good Hibs side. Great performances all over the park. Just a mention about Christie. I hope he stays. I think he will do very well under Rodgers. He could become an excellent player for us.

Just a feeling.... Looks like he has some energy about him and he is quite a technical footballer. I am not sure he has found his place yet. Could he be a replacement for Armstrong? I have a feeling that with BR's liking for the diamond that he could play anywhere in that formation. He only has 6 months to prove himself though but I think BR might be taking a liking to him.

I think Christie showed some excellent touches yesterday. He has up and downs, but on balance he is one we should aim to hold on to.

Members online

Latest posts

Back