Celtic v Hibs - All comments here

I had a wonderful day. Celtic back and against a good Hibs side. Great performances all over the park. Just a mention about Christie. I hope he stays. I think he will do very well under Rodgers. He could become an excellent player for us.

Have to agree about Christie. At present, he is effective coming of the bench. He can play a defence splitting pass and work rate is immense. He could turn into a very good player under Brendan.

Great football, but like it or not, Anton is right about Lustig. I live the big man but time has overtaken him like every player who plays against him.

Losing goals due to a lack of pace is criminal. It saps the confidence and needs to be sorted.

We don’t have a replacement that’s a stand out, but he must be replaced. Not Hendry though, that would be like jumping from the frying pan to the fire. Neither can it be Ralston, he’s just not good enough. Gamboa is erratic but might be the best option from a poor bunch.

It was great to see us mid to front so good. Benkovic, Boyata and Tierney are excellent, but a tortoise with a broken leg could get past Lustig. As long as he plays opposition will look to exploit that and better teams always manage it.

If I was the Liepzig manager all of the attacking would look to exploit our weakness at RB.

It’s a shame but the big man has just lost too much pace and we will pay for that.

Great football, but like it or not, Anton is right about Lustig. I live the big man but time has overtaken him like every player who plays against him.

Losing goals due to a lack of pace is criminal. It saps the confidence and needs to be sorted.

We don’t have a replacement that’s a stand out, but he must be replaced. Not Hendry though, that would be like jumping from the frying pan to the fire. Neither can it be Ralston, he’s just not good enough. Gamboa is erratic but might be the best option from a poor bunch.

It was great to see us mid to front so good. Benkovic, Boyata and Tierney are excellent, but a tortoise with a broken leg could get past Lustig. As long as he plays opposition will look to exploit that and better teams always manage it.

If I was the Liepzig manager all of the attacking would look to exploit our weakness at RB.

It’s a shame but the big man has just lost too much pace and we will pay for that.

I believe that Lustig is actually breaking all of our hearts at the minute, mate.

There are only a few supporters who can't/won't see it BUT I get that! It is not in our nature to slaughter one of our own legends. In fact, we do all in our power to protect them.

To play him on Thursday night would be suicidal.

I believe that Lustig is actually breaking all of our hearts at the minute, mate.

There are only a few supporters who can't/won't see it BUT I get that! It is not in our nature to slaughter one of our own legends. In fact, we do all in our power to protect them.

To play him on Thursday night would be suicidal.

It’s about the truth. It’s not ruled by sentimentality, it’s Celtic and when you cannot produce the goods it’s time up. It’s football.

If anyone, anyone at all, can tell me the point of having Sinclair on the pitch, would you please explain it to me?

Thought McGregor did well in Brown's role.

Depressingly, a game we should have been going in at HT 5-0 up turned into another dodgy match.

No coincidence either that Rogic has turned up for the last two games and has been instrumental in the goals at important stages.

Also, and I hate saying this cause I love the big Swede, but Lustig is done in.
Spot on M8 nothing to add

It's sad to see Lustig as a problem at right back but it is probably sadder for him to think he might be a problem because he was probably hoping that he could keep playing effectively until 10 in-a-row. It looks like age might catch up with him before then unless he can find some way to adapt his game to overcome his reducing speed.

It would help if he stopped rampaging forward because he hasn't got the legs for tracking back and leaves a gaping chasm ready to be exploited.

Totally agree but can't believe the coaching staff know this also for the last two seasons at least and B R didn't make it a priority to get a replacement in the summer .Board members attending games MUST also know this.

Totally agree but can't believe the coaching staff know this also for the last two seasons at least and B R didn't make it a priority to get a replacement in the summer .Board members attending games MUST also know this.
Saul that was a belter a tortoise way a broken leg could get past him am just imagining the wee tortoise way his stooky oan hahaha.

just watched the Celtic goals unlucky not to get a couple more,as good a servent to Celtic Lustic has been he is certainly our weakest link and needs to be resolved quickly he is beginning to cost us goals

just watched the Celtic goals unlucky not to get a couple more,as good a servent to Celtic Lustic has been he is certainly our weakest link and needs to be resolved quickly he is beginning to cost us goals

Him and Hendry costs us goals in the CL that ultimately screwed us. We have no one to replace him because Disco didn’t want to pay for quality. I don’t blame either player, I blame Dancing Queen. He needs replaced though. I have the fear we will be doing well on Thursday and he will be caught out and we go down to horrendous defending fit the 8 billionth time away in Europe,

Just wondering, now that we have two great performances, with Broonie not playing, given, his short time on saturday, does anybody else see us getting the ball forward quicker, with less pissing about at the back.

Just wondering, now that we have two great performances, with Broonie not playing, given, his short time on saturday, does anybody else see us getting the ball forward quicker, with less pissing about at the back.

We were getting the ball forward for the first twenty minutes and over the last two years. He wins the ball, it was the guys whose job is to get it forward who were piss poor up until recently.

Broonie wasn’t the cause of that.

Get it right, that wiz ma patter about the tortoise. :)
Yes in deedy,full credit to "The Verdict ". P M L when I read it. Heard Lustig broke the Tortoise leg because it's been following him about for the last three weeks. When it recovers, MCLeish wants to know if it has Scottish grandparents.

Yes in deedy,full credit to "The Verdict ". P M L when I read it. Heard Lustig broke the Tortoise leg because it's been following him about for the last three weeks. When it recovers, MCLeish wants to know if it has Scottish grandparents.
If the tortoise has ever played for either of the two teams to play at ibrokes then it’s a given that he’ll get a cap soon
3FF5AA6F-3CBE-44A4-8124-7B5DD9A909BE.jpeg

For me the team loses a bit of bite without Broony, I thought Callum played well and allowed Ncham to move forward with menace. Nice to see the confidence and smiles are back on the players faces.
Heard it said by other club players that the Tic are not as strong a team without Broony

Heard it said by other club players that the Tic are not as strong a team without Broony

Can't remember off hand, but one of the dons players tried to half Broony and he gets up strutting about the park. A mon ya bass sort of pose. Feckin loved it and the team responded. It's no surprise the amount of injuries the Bhoys are getting considering the kicking they get on the park. Feck all protection from the Specsavers in the black.

Members online

Latest posts

Back