Celtic v Hibs, Saturday Betfred Cup Semi-final, 2 November -all comments here

Winning Captains

Administrator
Staff member
The biggest worry about tomorrow is that Celtic's outstanding record in domestic cup games, dating back to April 2016 when we lost the penalty shoot-out to the Rangers, must come to an end at some point. Hibs incidentally were the last Scottish club outside of Celtic to win a major honour as the beat the Rangers 3-2 in the Scottish Cup Final. The record that the Ibrox club have was featured this morning on The Celtic Star, well worth a look (see below) and we ask why is there not talk a Rangers (sic) Hampden Hoodoo in the papers?

The atmosphere should be lively given the late afternoon kick-off (to say the least) and as the Hibs fans did not take up their full allocation, Hampden is going to have a huge Celtic presence, which will be a major advantage.

As for the team?

Forster

Frimpong, Jullien, Ajer, Bolingoli

Brown, McGregor

Forrest, Christie, Elyounoussi

Edouard

Prediction? 3-0 to the Bhoys.

What do you guys think?

Hibs were damn lucky to get a draw at Easter Road. Away from their own patch and on neutral territory we'll remedy that. Clear malaise amongst the support if they aren't taking their tickets. Think the Celts will put the final nail in Heckingbottom's coffin. Levein won the sack race but it must have been a close call. Both Edinburgh clubs have been rotten to date. They have far better players than the positions in the league show. Thats got to be down to management.
4-1 Celtic. Forrest to score the opener and an Edouard hat-trick.
'Huns Hampden Hoodoo' surely is a Saturday morning back page for the Record...maybe not!

I like 3-0 to the Hoops as well. I would like to see Bitton come on at some point, as well as Ntcham, but we should get the win. It's a quirky start time, meaning that it's starting here around the busiest part of my workday. All of which is to say that the Hoops will do well while I'm not watching, per usual.

I like 3-0 to the Hoops as well. I would like to see Bitton come on at some point, as well as Ntcham, but we should get the win. It's a quirky start time, meaning that it's starting here around the busiest part of my workday. All of which is to say that the Hoops will do well while I'm not watching, per usual.
Goals galore guaranteed Larry!

Forster

Frimpong, Jullien, Ajer, Bolingoli

Brown, McGregor

Forrest, Christie, Elyounoussi

Edouard

Prediction? 3-0 to the Bhoys.

What do you guys think?
I think Hibs will score after Scott Allan "wins" a penalty, but I'm going for a 3-1 win. I suspect El Hamed will start instead of Frimpong, but I personally would go for the same line-up as you chose.

Interestingly, only three of that predicted line-up started last season's semi against Hearts:

Bain

Lustig Benkovic Ajer (Subbed for Hendry at 80'mins) Tierney

Kouassi (Sinclair 26') Ntcham (Christie 45') Forrest Rogic McGregor

Edouard

Unused Substitutes: Gordon, Hayes, Morgan & Ralston

So despite a huge turn-over in regular playing staff we are continuing to maintain excellent quality on the pitch (or actually have improved on many of last year's performances).

That is quite a turnover in 12 months Bridie. How they have all settled in so well is amazing.
Just listening to press conference on 90 Minute Cynic. Brown is struggling apparently according to Lenny. Will look at him tomorrow. That would be a blow.
He also hinted Gordon might play. 'He might..he might not' :)

Could possibly be a rout because the Hibees have been pish and I can't see them having the wherewithal to do anything positive.

5 - 0 to the Bhoys.
Broony a doubt and already the media slabbering as if big miss, it is a miss but was this same media berating Celtic for not dropping him before and giving it McGregor and Christie Broony slows it down, will wait till tommorow and fuck the media pish, hust smile and wave bhoys.

Keevins giving it the Easter Road result will be in Celtics mind, unless i am mistaken, a 1-1 tommorow would mean ET. So a Cup game is not a League game and players and management do game management to take into consideration how do you use your subs and legs wisely.

Members online

Latest posts

Back