Celtic v Hibs, Saturday Betfred Cup Semi-final, 2 November -all comments here

Hard to pick a motm tonight but i thought McGregor had some game👍
McGregor has been fantastic the last few games. It is a welcome problem to have struggling to decide which of our wonderful players was the MotM, as you could make good arguments for a number of bhoys in each of our recent matches. Personally I thought Broony and Eddy were also brilliant tonight, but Elyounoussi edged it for me.

Happy to see Rogic getting up to speed and I've been impressed with his defending too, which has never been one of his strengths.

Frimpong is an amazingly skillful guy who has the potential to go far in the game.

Despite being very effective for us and contributing goals, I feel that Forrest hasn't been firing on all cylinders recently (probably far too harshly). I guess that is a sign as to how good he has been performing in the last few seasons that I am judging him at such a high standard.

It is a good time to be a Tim. 🍀

Bolingoli's looking good. If you don't like the guy, Vigo, just say so. He's playing fine.
I dont like him. He is not Celtic standard for me. Just my opinion but I have not hidden that since his first game. Whenever I watch him play, almost everytime he gets on the ball, play breaks down. Even today he managed to be responsible for their goal. I though he was unlucky by the way but it seems to happen to be him every time I watch. He is always our least effective player IMO. I am not unhappy he is a doubt for Lazio. They forgot to target him last time.
I have been waiting for the longest while for Taylor to come up to speed. IMO Johnny Hayes is more effective at LB and going forward. There you go.... I'm out. But hey, let's just be happy about today's result. Enjoy.

Last edited:
McGregor has been fantastic the last few games. It is a welcome problem to have struggling to decide which of our wonderful players was the MotM, as you could make good arguments for a number of bhoys in each of our recent matches. Personally I thought Broony and Eddy were also brilliant tonight, but Elyounoussi edged it for me.

Happy to see Rogic getting up to speed and I've been impressed with his defending too, which has never been one of his strengths.

Frimpong is an amazingly skillful guy who has the potential to go far in the game.

Despite being very effective for us and contributing goals, I feel that Forrest hasn't been firing on all cylinders recently (probably far too harshly). I guess that is a sign as to how good he has been performing in the last few seasons that I am judging him at such a high standard.

It is a good time to be a Tim. 🍀
Forrest is always hot n cauld but a lot more consistent these days ,shows how good he is when Lazio had 2 players on him!HH mate

Another cracking result yesterday, other than that moment of collective brain freeze in our defence for the Hibs goal it was pretty much a perfect 1st half from the bhoys. It was a masterclass in free flowing attacking fitba and the bhoys looked absolute class. Weird 2nd half though which was made all the weirder with Broony grabbing a double :D. We looked like we slacked off a bit in the second 45, while the win was never in doubt we did allow Hibs to get into the game more and it all got a bit scrappy but Broony's brace (surely a sign of the impending apocalypse :LOL:) killed any slight hope Hibs had of a revival.

Sorry don't understand the criticism of Bolingoli, clearly missed him when he went off at half time. Having him and wee Frimpong on either side allowed us to switch our attacking play from one flank to the other and it had Hibs chasing shadows in the first half. We lost some of that attacking threat down the left in the 2nd 45 and that was down to the absence of Boli's quick and clever link up play with the brilliant Elyounoussi who had an outstanding game. Instead we were forced to go down the right a lot more and it allowed Hibs to settle down a bit without worrying about a quick switch of play from right to left. Actually for me Boli's absence in the second half was the biggest reason we weren't as sharp as we were in the first.

And what about Broony eh! Not only a boss in midfield but grabbing 2 killer goals that knocked the heart right out of Hibs. He'll be ecstatic about grabbing a double but he'll be bealin his DVD is already oot and they'll not be on there :LOL:.

Good day out for Lenny and the bhoys and impressive once again.

Members online

Latest posts

Back