Celtic v Kilmarnock - Match Thread

We need to play 2 up front to increase our options in attack to break down a stubborn defence. Continue the high tempo play too, please.

100%....and I think soro and turnbull will give more protection should the opposition try to break quickly up the park. Soro was buzzing about like brown on speed on Thursday night. Also him and turnbull weren't taking 10 touches before passing it to the side.

Will he have the baws to drop Brown? That's the biggie, we all know it.
Your not dropping him you are making tactical changes, you have a bench also now that can enter and make and take the tackle for the team when seeing out the result, its tactics now we need to apply play to strengths and use your strength to close down on them when they are weakened, Brown is a vulture pick them off and then let him and experienced players come and finish them off.

Hazard
Ajer duffy julien
Frimpong soro laxalt
Mcgregor turnbull
Eddy
Griff

My team
I would love to see this team. Lots of skill, lots of speed, lots of energy and hopefully a strong desire to win matches. Laxalt can drop back for a back 4 if needed. If Duffy is going to continue to struggle then Welsh can come in for him. And we will have a strong bench which we should use wisely before players tire.

For me the team would be

Hazard
Ajer Duffy Julien
Frimpong McGregor Sorro Laxalt
Turnbull
Klimala Edouard

3-5-2

Hazard - The other 2 keepers are holograms

Duffy winning the aerial battles
Ajer/Julie either side of him covering wings with their speed

Frimpong and Laxalt slightly further forward less reliant on them in defence although Laxalt makes up a 4 when needed. I think getting the ball to Frimpong further up the pitch and quicker could open doors.

No surprises other than Kilmala. I don't think he's the best striker we have but offer something the rest don't. Pace and aggression. He ain't having the best of times but hard to drop after the effort the other night, very unselfish work and he got no real service but dragged defenders all over the place. You can tell his pace frightens.
Should help create the space for Eddie to play and could feed off last man where both Eddie/Turnbull can find these intricate passes.

Klimala also started the press the other night, a first for a striker this season. It looked to me the opposing team had to play the ball quicker/less effectively when coming out of defence which when coupled by the aggression of Laxalt/Sorro/Henderson meant we won far more second balls in the middle of the park and were able to attack while they were on the back foot.

I think we're going to pump someone and I hope it's my ex's hometown club.
Her dad's a bawbag and Kille daft.
A double win

Last edited:
Agree. I notice teams are all over us closing us down on our 18 yard line where we tend to wait till they are near halfway line. Takes the pressure off our defence and can lead to mistakes to capitalise on.
Doesn’t help just now wee have no natural width everything comes inside makes it so very narrow , I think Christie plays the morra and maybe cal Mac sits on the bench

We finally got a full 90 mins performance from the team. I hope this isn't a false dawn and we carry on improving. Team selection should be interesting after Soro and Turnbulls performances.
Hi Steviebhoy I’ve PM’d you did you get it
If they don’t get picked then NFL’s atit
Or a stubborn fool. Same team should start against Killie Injuries otherwise
So same team minus Frimpong
5-0

HH 🍀

Members online

Latest posts

Back