Celtic v Kilmarnock - Match Thread

Eddy for Klimala and Henderson for Frimpong should be the only changes to Thursday's starting 11.
I think Klimala worked his socks off the other night and deserves a chance. Ok I know Eddy is class but he's not been showing it lately, he turns it on for the French U21's but looks like he's coasting when he pulls on the hoops. Wee spell on the bench might do him good. Totally agree with Hendo being given a shot too.
C'mon Neil, what have you got to lose? Nothing. And if it pays off everyone thinks yer a genius. ;)

the big difference for me in last game was 2 sitting central mids with a number 10 that spent more time in out half than theirs to both support short passing centrally and start attacks as well as contribute to the game.

Soro did very well but he had the other 2 centre mids tracking the pass when he was trying to ball win.

Something we have lacked badly most of this season

created more space for running into which in turn created more chances

I feel it was this system that helped us play a more balanced game.

Ajer despite being played as centre back was both aware of gaps when he moved to right back and he more crucially could pass ball when his runs were being tracked.

Ajer and the wee boy Henderson both pass ball well under pressure.

Frimpong does not.

Frimpong can do dribbles nobody else can with his acceleration, but he is still very poor defensively and his lack of cutting passing makes him a wasted creative talent imo

Soro played very well, but he was not isolated at any point against 2 or 3 app mids

the balance with 4 at back is much more suited to our CBs

IMO we need the 3 in cm

not 2 or 1

the am midfield slots dont support cm very often

but Turnbull did

he was deep but license to run into the AM

we have often played 1 dcm and 2 acm who are too far from dcm

and the acm often stray too wide or too far forward isolated from the dcm

which puts extra pressure on the dcm against even 2 cms who are not tracked by our ACM

coupled with awol Wingbacks the 3 cbs get dragged around and dcm cant cover all runners himself

now we created many more chances last game with solid midfield trio and back 4

3 at back should be binned unless it has 2 full backs who can defend first

christie does lots of high energy stuff

but he doesn't start his attacks from our half

I suspect he does exactly what he is told or given license to do

Rogic is same

cal is weak when he doesn't stay central if he playing cm

Soro and cal both tracked in last game supported deep by turnbull

imo it was the shape that allowed us to play more creative

Turnbull played number 10 slot the way its theoretically played by most number 10s

never more than 20 yards away from his other cm

not constantly on wing or in inside/outside forward positions

as result cbs didn't look so exposed and cm functioned much better

IMO

I think Klimala worked his socks off the other night and deserves a chance. Ok I know Eddy is class but he's not been showing it lately, he turns it on for the French U21's but looks like he's coasting when he pulls on the hoops. Wee spell on the bench might do him good. Totally agree with Hendo being given a shot too.
C'mon Neil, what have you got to lose? Nothing. And if it pays off everyone thinks yer a genius. ;)
Agree with you Brim,thought Klimala was excellent,our press started with him,his movement,pulling defenders out of place to create space for Turnbulls goal,i would'nt be disappointed if he started,would prefer 2 up front,Eddy is different class in a 2.

ive heard fae a wee birdy its back tae the bermuda triangle 🤣no wantin tae depress ye

The worry is we play the usual squad and they win 4-0 and all of a sudden lennon and the "coaches" believe everything is fine. Problem with that is we have had a shit season peppered with the odd decent win....hibs, the sheep and motherwell...and they stick with it for the next match, we have failed to have 2 decent games. And so the shit cycle begins again.

Klimala did work his socks off and played well on Thursday but he was up against a team who left space for him to play in. Kilmarnock will be 2 banks of 4 sitting deep, that's where Eddy can drop off and link up to play through their low block.

Klimala did work his socks off and played well on Thursday but he was up against a team who left space for him to play in. Kilmarnock will be 2 banks of 4 sitting deep, that's where Eddy can drop off and link up to play through their low block.
Killie type setup would suit Klimala he does not do tippy tap style football which Eddie is excellent at, but he is more direct and will respond to a tackle, he does not shirk, maybe time to give this guy a shot alongside eddie. Always got choices once we burn him out and he burns out big clubfoot.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back