Celtic v Lazio, Champions League , Wednesday 4th October, 8pm kick off

Overall a disappointing end to what was mostly a good game. We started very brightly for the forst 15-20 minutes then Lazio stepped up and took control, but without really troubling us too much. They targeted Taylor with the long diagonal ball which he struggled with, but finally came good in the 2nd half.

Sadly Hatate just hasn't really got going this season. I don't think he is fully fit yet but never goes hiding. Some of his passing was bloody awful but we know he will come good soon so he just needs to keep sticking in to get through this rough patch. The premeditated assault on his tonight was terrible and it is diabolical VAR ignored it. I think that affected him tonight.

The 2nd half was much better. We controlled it for large parts but struggled to make the killer ball in the final third against an excellent defence. Palma is exciting going forward and was unlucky Maeda got the thinnest of contacts to rule out his "goal".

Scales was fantastic in defence again.

Our problem is that we just don't play enough truly competitive games. Against these sorts of sides you need to concentrate from the very start to the very end - this is mentally draining and difficult. We switched off a few times and conceded a couple of very sloppy goals.

Our poor conversion rate on our own set pieces and poor concession rate defending set pieces is a problem that we can and should be anle to work on.

That was a gut wrenching climax and we are all hurting. But I also have some pride as we did some things very well for large periods of the match. I did hope for better but also had a wee fear we might end up with considerably worse. We just need a bit more quality to push on.
I totally disagree!
If I could but that's all true.
What can Celtic do about it or sevco , Aberdeen and our other clubs in our countries domestic level of play?
Our game requires investment and Doncaster cannot provide ( sorry to steal your thunder TET) NVP Net present value 😀 🤣 He undersells the game for a huge bonus pay off on top of his salary.
Until the money filters down the pyramid we won't have the competition we truly need, the board will always only spend what's required to win the league and take part in Europe, any European competition is a win win for them , Europa offers supporter backing with a run like topping our group last time v Lazio and telly dosh, the champions league more money but pressure on them from the fans for the whippings we've had in Europe, a club in top 50 richest in the world cannot get into the top 5 best in Europe so that says a lot. No ambition , fk I feel like I've typed that a million times on here beyond Scotland.
Had we kept Ange who knows , I'd say probably through just continuity.
This board values commodity over continuity which is what they're paid for by Desmond after all but Desmond is the one , hear of lawell all the time he's an employee , Desmond shows ambition beyond the group stage riches and the club with its supporters will do the rest.
Last rant of the night noo I need a rest good night BB HH

It was a game we should have won in my opinion!Apologies to anyone i offended just pissed off we lost that at the end.I was proud of big Scales tonight after i wrote the guy off before the hun game.I also liked the look of young Bernardo when he came on .Onto the next one.
Offended anyone, FFS you offended the whole Celtic support FFS...
...Nah i'm kidding m8, i enjoyed our wee dance, we're all gutted together...
I often quote my old bhoy, 'i admired him and respected him' sounds like he's in the past tense, but he's still here thankfully.
I admire him when we were in a different place but would never tell him.... he was on my team but i just associated every word he said as criticism'.
I'm not that wee guy anymore, i've my own kids and i've walked in his shoes now. I love him dearly and he knows that, i take great pride in watching him squirm at my praise'.
My point......... fuck knows, i've forgot now.........
Anyhow, say what you want without fear or favour and if your wrong which you were :) , theres no harm done.
Oh aye, the big man would say...'theres only one thing worse than being wrong and thats the fear to to be wrong', 'when your wrong and someones right, you learn something, cherish that unless they're a dick about it'

Something like that he said

I forgot about Da nuu rulez in Da house!
This is going to be interesting what happens here because literally WC has a full forum ready and willing to up tinternet sticks and support him if things don't go his way, in any new Celtic space he wants to create.
i noticed that straight off m8, New Management in da house', in my rant yesterday, in temepering it, i deleted the line....'Is it Ali G or fucking Borat thats in the house'

Offended anyone, FFS you offended the whole Celtic support FFS...
...Nah i'm kidding m8, i enjoyed our wee dance, we're all gutted together...
I often quote my old bhoy, 'i admired him and respected him' sounds like he's in the past tense, but he's still here thankfully.
I admire him when we were in a different place but would never tell him.... he was on my team but i just associated every word he said as criticism'.
I'm not that wee guy anymore, i've my own kids and i've walked in his shoes now. I love him dearly and he knows that, i take great pride in watching him squirm at my praise'.
My point......... fuck knows, i've forgot now.........
Anyhow, say what you want without fear or favour and if your wrong which you were :) , theres no harm done.
Oh aye, the big man would say...'theres only one thing worse than being wrong and thats the fear to to be wrong', 'when your wrong and someones right, you learn something, cherish that unless they're a dick about it'

Something like that he said
And on that beautiful sentiment I shall retire to my Chambers eh bed 🛌
Brilliant mate HH YNWA 🍀

That’s not how it’s done at Downton Abbey
its not fucking on Dill, ,anywhere, anytime, i moved for a family vote, all in favour of hanging say aye
but then my paw pipes up, i said put plum tomatoes on top of my plate FFS, naw feckin beans
Stay of execution granted
Me personally, i get a jail plate or my beans/tomatoes on the side.... dinnae like soggy waffles or totty scones
faithers like, we used to burst you auntys acne for a sauce ya privelidged wee cunt
He offers to wash the dishes every night and wipes every plate and pot to this day with a bit or two of breed......
'when we grew up, your granny made a pot every day while we were at school' 'stovies/casserole etc', you had your plate when you came home, but a few hours later, all you had was breed, nae butter, so you wiped the gravy on the side of the pot before you washed it'
And you had to be fast, cos the other 8 brothers and sisters were wise

Last edited:
its not fucking on Dill, ,anywhere, anytime, i moved for a family vote, all in favour of hanging say aye
but then my paw pipes up, i said put plum tomatoes on top of my plate FFS, naw feckin beans
Stay of execution granted
Me personally, i get a jail plate or my beans/tomatoes on the side.... dinnae like soggy waffles or totty scones
faithers like, we used to burst you auntys acne for a sauce ya privelidged wee cunt
He offers to wash the dishes every night and wipes every plate and pot to this day with a bit or two of breed......
'when we grew up, your granny made a pot every day while we were at school' 'stovies/casserole etc', you had your plate when you came home, but a few hours later, all you had was breed, nae butter, so you wiped the gravy on the side of the pot before you washed it'
And you had to be fast, cos the other 8 brothers and sisters were wise
The supposed good old days stg??twelve in ma family mate same process😂😂ma maw would make a big pot and a mean ”a big pot”of soup on a Saturday night for the Sunday..and a would wake up in morning to ma auld man grilling my older siblings to see who was dipping breed in and dried it up to a pot a veg😂😂…obviously they had a wee tipple/weed munchies🤷‍♂️😂

Back