Celtic v Legia match thread. All hail the holy goalie🙏

Lots to be excited about in the 1st half 2nd half not so much, with the style of game we are playing we are either going together to play with a DM to slot in between the 2 centre backs to stop us being so exposed in the wide areas or 3 centre backs to allow the full backs the freedom to play further forward as they do at the moment. In the SPFL teams don't really go at us so it's not such a problem but in the CL it could be disastrous for us

Same as the last game,two half’s both different first half all Celtic second half you could tell who were first team players Bain looked as if he could not catch a ball the movement with the ball in the second half fell apart,,, the ref was so one sidedid I know it was a friendly but thier players had to do was fall over to get a free kick Turnball got his shirt held in the box with the ref a few feet away he ignored it I’m sure Ange knows his team and subs but some of the others have run thier course

For the second game in a we dominated a very good opponent when first string side against first string side. OK, we missed a lot of excellent goal chances in both first halves but we know we have a lot of deadly finishers so this will improve once their sharpness increases.

Our high tempo play is breathtaking and wonderful to watch. Plus we have Mooy and Giakoumakis to add into the mix too.

Yes, we need to tighten things up at the back but overall I am very delighted so far. I could not give a monkeys about the final scores in friendlies and I'm especially happy we have not suffered any injuries so far.

Personally I think we gain so much from these types of games, that it will put us in a great place for the season ahead imo.
It's brilliant to be playing with the high intensity and great tempo to our play and able to cut teams to ribbons with creating so many chances like we were able to do in the 1st half so naturally and easy also.
However we can't expect that lovely football can be played for the full 90 minutes of every game either throughout the course of a season, yet this is where we have to be able to achieve for CL football.
So to be able to produce that after a very demanding game on Saturday was a brilliant sight to see.
Yet take our intensity and slowing down our tempo of play which will happen at times during a match and we look the shadow of the team we are capable of being and also many of our players look that bit more uncomfortable also.
Still work to be done on our play without the ball and our counter attacking game just was none existent in the 2nd half.
Pre season also includes aspects of there game players still have to work upon still, and our team still needs work upon our game management still, especially for CL level, but we know 45 minutes isn't a problem now, but we might need to wait for the beginning of the season to start to see the full 90 still, where it will really count and mean far more than at present in only pre season still imo.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back