Celtic v Livingston - all comments here

Back in sunny Glasgow and about to use my e season ticket link for the first time.Hope I make the first season ticket ballot of the few at the Huns game, if Ms Nicola allows.
Anyway good to be back ( I think) though quarantine is a pain, 4 0 Celts today.
Coybig
HH

Jullien injured in training yesterday so unlikely to play.
For me it should be

Barkas
Elhamed Duffy Ajer
Frimpong Turnbull Christie McGregor
Elyounoussi
Ajeti Edouard

However we will have the captain swapping 5 yard passes with the central defenders.

think your asking to much for both Forrest and brown to be benched would give NL mental health problems, wouldn't be able to see them as they would be behind him segregating and would struggle to focus on the match. but i like your thinking {way ooot the box though}

I still seem to be the only celtic fan in the world that doesn't like 3 at the back. We just aren't good enough at the moment to pull it off. We get caught out to much by lesser teams. Our midfield is flooded with players that are scared to move forward and when duffy and ajer decide to step out we are left with a slow broony to cover. Easy yellow for the ref to give when he's having to chase back.
I would disagree Lubos and I was calling for it before we started playing it. Still believe it is our best option just annoying me are not playing it right with the players Lennon is using. Forrest and brown are not suited for this style of play as Forrest plays far to upfield hence not leaving enough room to get in behind the back line. Now Broonie is just to slow now and moving the ball quickly was never his strong suit. The problem still remains with the left to keep the balance and shape right. Until Lennon starts making big calls we possibly won't get the best of the 352

No way NL leaves out forrest, first pick every week, he gives him a nudge in the morning to let him know hes in the team, boy needs a rest though and leaving him out will do him more good than harm.

really hope to see turnbull on for some decent play time.
Maybe a good physcological boost to wee Forrest. let him play and give his wee bro a shit weekend, even though I am sure he will be happy in defeat if it is to the hands of Celtic. Just a wee thought and something different might be nonesense, but.

I would disagree Lubos and I was calling for it before we started playing it. Still believe it is our best option just annoying me are not playing it right with the players Lennon is using. Forrest and brown are not suited for this style of play as Forrest plays far to upfield hence not leaving enough room to get in behind the back line. Now Broonie is just to slow now and moving the ball quickly was never his strong suit. The problem still remains with the left to keep the balance and shape right. Until Lennon starts making big calls we possibly won't get the best of the 352

Fair points..but you've kind of just agreed with me..kind of...we dont have the players to play the formation so why play the formation. The only way we can play 3 at the back is if we play players out of position. This leaves our players looking confused as to where they're supposed to be. We don't have a LWB suited to the style of play. We don't have a RWB suited to the style of play. When our defenders step out it overcrowds an already crowded midfield. When we then lose the ball all it takes is a long ball over the top and we are fucked. Brown hasn't picked up yellows in every game because the ref is a DOB. Its because he is to slow to track back, the job that lenny has assigned to him i assume, and his only option is to block the opposition player or bring him down. Taylor is to slow and cant beat a man. Forrest doesn't track back enough. I just don't think, at the moment, we are good enough to play that formation. Its not even as if having so many players forward is allowing us to create more chances either. We barely work the opposition keeper.

to many midfielders in the squad to allow for a 4-4-2 only other option is to revert to one up front with a 4-5-1

Fair points..but you've kind of just agreed with me..kind of...we dont have the players to play the formation so why play the formation. The only way we can play 3 at the back is if we play players out of position. This leaves our players looking confused as to where they're supposed to be. We don't have a LWB suited to the style of play. We don't have a RWB suited to the style of play. When our defenders step out it overcrowds an already crowded midfield. When we then lose the ball all it takes is a long ball over the top and we are fucked. Brown hasn't picked up yellows in every game because the ref is a DOB. Its because he is to slow to track back, the job that lenny has assigned to him i assume, and his only option is to block the opposition player or bring him down. Taylor is to slow and cant beat a man. Forrest doesn't track back enough. I just don't think, at the moment, we are good enough to play that formation. Its not even as if having so many players forward is allowing us to create more chances either. We barely work the opposition keeper.
I understand and see your point Lubos but we have very good CB that are comfortable with the ball at there feet and with the amount of possession we get still I believe is our best option if the right players are used

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back