CELTIC v minis 🤮

"Undoubtedly the defence is already playing so much better, but you are right that they will get even better. Also Starfelt will quickly realise he can't dawdle on the ball here without risk tobbring punished."

Aberdeen were punished today when their defender did exactly same thing and waited too long to make a decision allowing the second goal and a place in the tournament.
IMO its the fawlty midfield supporting role and starting positions that force the centre backs into tight spot if they must pass 20 yards with no 20 yard options

brown failed to be an outlet in latter stages of his career with us

we still havent replaced that hole in our build up properly

calmac is not good at it

neither is turnbull

neither is rogic

havent been impressed with soro at it

havent seen enough of mccarthy to rate his ability to be out ball for under pressure cb

and the new fullback roles ameliorate the problem a little better than the 50 yard option to outer wings under lenny

but they dont really solve the out ball for centre backs under press coz they too arent very good at it

the gap between cb and midfield under press (actual midfield) is usually too far for short pass

and the players opften just put the cb back under pressure by instantly passing back to him when not a good option

IMO its the fawlty midfield supporting role and starting positions that force the centre backs into tight spot if they must pass 20 yards with no 20 yard options

brown failed to be an outlet in latter stages of his career with us

we still havent replaced that hole in our build up properly

calmac is not good at it

neither is turnbull

neither is rogic

havent been impressed with soro at it

havent seen enough of mccarthy to rate his ability to be out ball for under pressure cb

and the new fullback roles ameliorate the problem a little better than the 50 yard option to outer wings under lenny

but they dont really solve the out ball for centre backs under press coz they too arent very good at it

the gap between cb and midfield under press (actual midfield) is usually too far for short pass

and the players opften just put the cb back under pressure by instantly passing back to him when not a good option
Thing is TET he attempted to run the ball out of defense when row z was appropriate without even having to think about it, if in doubt!!

yeah i agree

but sometimes centre backs are stupid and try to be fancy footballers coz thats the type of player he asked to try and be.

ego sometimes gets in way of blootering it to safety :p
need to get clever as the new rule is even if the guy wraps his leg round to the ball as you are ready to hoof it, any contact from you regardless of the intention is now deemed a pen, free kick etc and the refs cannot wait to give them.

Because brother Beaton was in charge that’s why Eddy was booked for diving in the first half and the wee diving hearts cunt wasn’t in the second
hidden hands of peepo and people peepo want to omit hands are allowed

its same with scape goating people rather than goating peepo

hidden hands of peepo and people peepo want to omit hands are allowed

its same with scape goating people rather than goating peepo
if you are a member of a secret society with special secret motives involving hidden hands

then maybe just ,maybe hidden hands of certain crafty chaps dont count in tv replays

just omit the hand since its hidden anyway

Still have starfelt before Bitton in the role at present BBB.
Agreed with another CB, yet dosen't seem high on the priority list still which I find a bit surprising.
Hopefully scales could do a role as cover for 2 positions and maybe force his way into a starting position still.
I'm thinking (hoping) that we are trying to get Itakura in with Scales coming in as a slightly longer term project or competition.

Last edited:
Let's remember that, going by the league table and the cup run they were on, hearts are the in form team in the league at the moment. This was also their main chance at silverware this season. Michael Stewart tried his hardest not to give us credit..."hearts set up wrong"....."hearts gave celtic the early initiative".....but no matter how they set up they weren't getting near us. So that's Dundee 6-0 going on 12. Hearts 3-2 going on 7 and we are just getting started. This season is going to be good. Wonder if the larson wants to reevaluate his "aim for 2nd" thread 🤔🤔🤔 where is he???

Had a great day yesterday ...thought the atmosphere was great again and you can feel the anticipation in the air. Scintillating performance in that first half and could never expect that to last for 90 minutes. For us to be at this level so early in Anges rebuild is simply incredible given the shambles he has inherited. Yes Starfelt made a few errors but I can still see a player in there who is adjusting to what Ange wants and Scottish football. Nothing but praise from me for where we are and great excitement for what's head. 🍀👍

Enjoyed that yesterday 😊.

60 mins of attacking football reminding this fan of the Tommy Burns era, attack attack attack.

Second half the pace dropped and the moving of Calmac further forward to allow our new Bhoy on didn't work either.

Think it was TT earlier talking about the movement of the mids (a bugbear of mine also), but Calmac showed for everything yesterday when playing deeper, him going forward and Tom going walkabout allowed the diets to actually try football for a change, that and bringing on a winger for a hasbeen at half time.

Outstanding performance by Tom Calmac and Kyogo

Let's remember that, going by the league table and the cup run they were on, hearts are the in form team in the league at the moment. This was also their main chance at silverware this season. Michael Stewart tried his hardest not to give us credit..."hearts set up wrong"....."hearts gave celtic the early initiative".....but no matter how they set up they weren't getting near us. So that's Dundee 6-0 going on 12. Hearts 3-2 going on 7 and we are just getting started. This season is going to be good. Wonder if the larson wants to reevaluate his "aim for 2nd" thread 🤔🤔🤔 where is he???
He’s meeting Clay Jfanny and the other Lurkers at the annual GIRFUY oor club is deid confetti shares Swamp meet
Fur lik mindeid fucktards.

HH 😂

60 mins of attacking football reminding this fan of the Tommy Burns era, attack attack attack.

Second half the pace dropped and the moving of Calmac further forward to allow our new Bhoy on didn't work either.

Think it was TT earlier talking about the movement of the mids (a bugbear of mine also), but Calmac showed for everything yesterday when playing deeper, him going forward and Tom going walkabout allowed the diets to actually try football for a change, that and bringing on a winger for a hasbeen at half time.

Thought this went much like the FKJ game. Great first 45 followed by a sloppier second 45. Although how it ended 3-2 is beyond me. Totally flattered the minis. 6-2 would have been a fairer reflection of the play.
As for the defence Starfelt better wake up to the fact that he cannot let the ball drop over him and let it bounce if he doesn't have the strength to totally shield it from whichever hammer thrower is lurking behind him.
He did it 2-3 times yesterday. Wasn’t impressed by his performance.

Another thing is this fannying aboot at the back. Watched with growing trepidation on several occasions as we played ourselves into tighter and tighter spots. What is this compulsion with trying to play back to the keeper every time? Sometimes the keeper is forced to just hoof it upfield himself. Are our outfield players incapable of doing that too?

Thought this went much like the FKJ game. Great first 45 followed by a sloppier second 45. Although how it ended 3-2 is beyond me. Totally flattered the minis. 6-2 would have been a fairer reflection of the play.
As for the defence Starfelt better wake up to the fact that he cannot let the ball drop over him and let it bounce if he doesn't have the strength to totally shield it from whichever hammer thrower is lurking behind him.
He did it 2-3 times yesterday. Wasn’t impressed by his performance.

You're absolutely correct.....let the ball bounce and you're inviting trouble....

I would add Ralston to that.....he could grow in to that shirt yet...

I’ll get to the game later but we need to remember that we win as a team and lose as a team. There are no individuals in a team.

It’s easy to criticise people for mistakes, what starfelt did yesterday for the penalty happened all over the park throughout the game. He’s the guy that gets punished though by the nature of his position.

This way of playing is what the manager wants. It starts at the back and in a frantic game of football mistakes are made, hopefully he’ll learn. We were warned that anges teams are involved in goals at both ends of the park.

I’d hate to see Starfelt become the new Taylor/ralstin/Forrest of the crowd.

Members online

Latest posts

Back