Celtic v Motherwell, Saturday 1st October 3pm

Gary67

Real football is back on Saturday. The start of a run of 13 games in 6 weeks before the 5 week World Cup break.
Injuries from internationals appear to be Maeda, Haksabanovic, Turnbull and Giakoumakis, CCV and Starfelt also doubts (hopefully at least one of them is fit). Mooy the only one who travelled any great distance for internationals.
Will we see Abildgaard? Might be worth giving him a start ahead of Leipzig on Wednesday or at least a run out from the bench.
Defeat last game should mean a hurting team ready to do the damage to Motherwell early on, and hopefully don't stop if/when we go ahead.

Hart
JJ CCV🤞Jenz Taylor
O'Riley McGregor Hatate
Abada Kyogo Jota

4-1 with a Kyogo hat-trick

Real football is back on Saturday. The start of a run of 13 games in 6 weeks before the 5 week World Cup break.
Injuries from internationals appear to be Maeda, Haksabanovic, Turnbull and Giakoumakis, CCV and Starfelt also doubts (hopefully at least one of them is fit). Mooy the only one who travelled any great distance for internationals.
Will we see Abildgaard? Might be worth giving him a start ahead of Leipzig on Wednesday or at least a run out from the bench.
Defeat last game should mean a hurting team ready to do the damage to Motherwell early on, and hopefully don't stop if/when we go ahead.

Hart
JJ CCV🤞Jenz Taylor
O'Riley McGregor Hatate
Abada Kyogo Jota

4-1 with a Kyogo hat-trick
I would be happy with that line up Gary 👍🇮🇪

So many injuries to key players, curse our luck, its the price we pay for having so many internationals in the team i suppose, but wow, hopefully they are not long term and we can manage. Leipzig is starting to look like a real test, I hope the replacements see it as an opportunity to push their way into Anges future plans.

Never watched an iota of international football. Thankful for normality to return.
Unsure of the injury situation but looks like we could still be without CCV and GG ...both will be missed but more so if still out midweek.
Need to get the focus back on for this one first and foremost and get back to our football before that non display in Feegie.

Does anyone know what the situation is if a player gets injured on International duty? Reguarding his wages I mean? Would we as a club still have to pay them or could we make a claim against the SFA for instance? I'm thinking they would have some kind of insurance to cover that sort of thing as clubs would be reluctant to release players if they got a bad injury. John Kennedy springs to mind as his injury ended his career on International duty if I'm right.

Does anyone know what the situation is if a player gets injured on International duty? Reguarding his wages I mean? Would we as a club still have to pay them or could we make a claim against the SFA for instance? I'm thinking they would have some kind of insurance to cover that sort of thing as clubs would be reluctant to release players if they got a bad injury. John Kennedy springs to mind as his injury ended his career on International duty if I'm right.
Sure aren't we still paying John Kennedy's wages.

Pretty certain Fifa have has its own insurance policy – the ‘Club Protection Programme’ – which compensates clubs if their players are injured on international duty.

I was watching Peter Grant on the Si Ferry show. He was asked about his time as a coach with Scotland. He said the SFA ( or their insurers) pay the wages of players injured on international duty.

I too think we should rest particularly Calmac. I watched the three Scotland games and i thought he was immense.
But all you heard was McTominay. Porteous and the wee boy from Brentford ( so good I can’t remember his name)
Our captain didn’t merit a comment yet played every minute of the three games.
And played very well.
Save him for Leipzig.
Coybig
HH

I too think we should rest particularly Calmac. I watched the three Scotland games and i thought he was immense.
But all you heard was McTominay. Porteous and the wee boy from Brentford ( so good I can’t remember his name)
Our captain didn’t merit a comment yet played every minute of the three games.
And played very well.
Save him for Leipzig.
Coybig
HH
That’s the problem when you set such high standards so consistently. It just becomes the norm.

They only noticed him if he made a mistake…because it’s so unusual. I was the same for the goal against Shakhtar. Anyway thankfully the Bhoys are back this weekend 🍀💚

Never watched an iota of international football. Thankful for normality to return.
Unsure of the injury situation but looks like we could still be without CCV and GG ...both will be missed but more so if still out midweek.
Need to get the focus back on for this one first and foremost and get back to our football before that non display in Feegie.
We’ll no more about the injuries once Ange has his press conference. Stuff am reading is all a bit vague.

Hart

Jura Welch Merc Bernebei
O Reilly Danish guy Hatate
Abada Kyogo Jota

Callum needs a rest, ccv back for Leipzig and Taylor needs a break too

4-0 usual scorers
Is O’Riley or Hatate playing two positions there. 👀

Hart
Ralston Welsh Merc Taylor
O’Riley, Cal-never stops-Mac Hatate
Doccos Front line

For CBs if CCV or Starfelt is fit I’d expect them to be included.

Think whatever team Ange goes with will get the result this weekend but might be a bit closer than we’d like. COYBIG

Back