Celtic v Motherwell, Saturday 1st October 3pm

Came across this in the Irish mirror ( thought that was Scotland?)
Anyways its 6 hours old now but says injury problems are Maeda in stands for Ecuador game ( precautionary), Haksabanovic ( subbed off injured),
GG ( had a 50/50 chance of playing Vs N.Ireland) , Poyet thinks he wont play this Saturday, Starfelt ( Ange says a case of wait and see), CCV ( US soccer says minor, the Sun says major doubt) not sure how the sun reckon they know better.
Added to that the Scotland bhoys of Turnbull and Taylor, in the dark about both.
Mooy was apparently sent home having sealed his place for the socceroos and Abada played a lot of game time.

If all of this is to be believed ( which from our MSM we cant, which is why I'm looking at the Irish mirror though not sure how accurate it is and 6 hours old)

I'd guestimate if going with the " Celtic injury news" this could well be the team I think we might see.

Hart
Juranovic
Bernabei
Jenz
Welsh
McGregor
Hatate
Oriley
Jota
Abada
Kyogo

Subs to play a part;

Ralston
Taylor ( if ok )
Starfelt ( wait and see)
Mooy
McCarthy
Forrest

And that's it were running low already , some honest mistakes and international break has taken its toll on the depth of our squad.
Still that's a decent starting XI it's the bench that's looking depleted.

That’s the problem when you set such high standards so consistently. It just becomes the norm.

They only noticed him if he made a mistake…because it’s so unusual. I was the same for the goal against Shakhtar. Anyway thankfully the Bhoys are back this weekend 🍀💚
Was calmacs mistake actually a mistake against Shakhtar? For me calmac saw the pass and went to stop it, however it was a defence cutting pass and it couldn't get their in time. He would never of got back even if he hadn't tried to cut out the pass.
It just looked bad because the pass was so good.

Was calmacs mistake actually a mistake against Shakhtar? For me calmac saw the pass and went to stop it, however it was a defence cutting pass and it couldn't get their in time. He would never of got back even if he hadn't tried to cut out the pass.
It just looked bad because the pass was so good.
Agreed. That’s kind of the point I think mate. He gets judged to a different standard.
Btw your betting strategy has helped 💵👍

See operation destabilisation is underway already - seems that 39 clubs wtching O'Riley (play for Denmark U21s) who must definately want to go to an English club. This smells of desparation from the MSM to turn our player's heads.
Yes 22 players on the pitch but 39 not 38 or 40 just 39 to watch Matt what a load of rubbish no doubt clubs would be having a look the same as they would be looking at the other 21 players to see who is worth keeping an eye on,it’s the same with our injuries everyone a major disaster Calmac burnt out Media talk at it’s worst funny that no other club has received the same amount of treatment think I will wait to see who the Boss put’s out on Saturday

Yes 22 players on the pitch but 39 not 38 or 40 just 39 to watch Matt what a load of rubbish no doubt clubs would be having a look the same as they would be looking at the other 21 players to see who is worth keeping an eye on,it’s the same with our injuries everyone a major disaster Calmac burnt out Media talk at it’s worst funny that no other club has received the same amount of treatment think I will wait to see who the Boss put’s out on Saturday
I suppose it is the MSM trying to make it more of a competition which sells their rags - good news that they are so worried this early in the season.

Last edited:
Well well well 😏.

With awe they injured players maybe we should ask the spfl for a postponement cause we have a big CL game next week, I'm sure fat Sally will back us on this eh 😂😂.

Would like to see Ange go with.

Big Joe.

Tony Welsh ???? Begbie.

O'Riely Calmac Hatate.

Abada Kyogo Jota.

Maybe if we hadn't made a James hunt of it in Paisley we could have rested a few more, but league is the bread n butter and we cant afford to drop anything else atm.

Can we no bring Bitton back for this one 🔙😂😂😂🔙.

4 v 1 us cause Mwell are shite. Jota double, Kyogo and Calmac.

Well well well 😏.

With awe they injured players maybe we should ask the spfl for a postponement cause we have a big CL game next week, I'm sure fat Sally will back us on this eh 😂😂.

Would like to see Ange go with.

Big Joe.

Tony Welsh ???? Begbie.

O'Riely Calmac Hatate.

Abada Kyogo Jota.

Maybe if we hadn't made a James hunt of it in Paisley we could have rested a few more, but league is the bread n butter and we cant afford to drop anything else atm.

Can we no bring Bitton back for this one 🔙😂😂😂🔙.

4 v 1 us cause Mwell are shite. Jota double, Kyogo and Calmac.
You thinking JJ will be rested 50?
I'm not so sure, hes on a high and would want to play I'd have thought.
Cant see Ange making too many changes for rests at this stage not after the poor paisley pattern.
Has to be big Jenz in there shirley?

Back to our bread and butter. Time to make a statement after the Diets beat their uglier cousins in the Saturday lunchtime game.

Hart
Juranovic Welsh Jenz Taylor
O'Riley MacGregor Hatate
Abada Kyogo Jota​
Think that's the side I put up the other day with the exception of Taylor who went off with a knock I think near the end or was just knackered so I put JJ ,Welsh, Jenz, Bernabei the only difference.
That and mine doesnt have fancy tabs 😂

With these centre back injuries, its got me wondering what is happening with the young fella Murray. Dane Murray I think, he was playing start of last season and did pretty well.
The luck we are having with CBs I think he might be drafted into the matchday squads a few times this season. He did OK for us when required, so that would not be a reason to panic.

With these centre back injuries, its got me wondering what is happening with the young fella Murray. Dane Murray I think, he was playing start of last season and did pretty well.
Missed last couple of months of last season with injury and still hasn't recovered. Not played for B team yet this season so I would imagine it would be post World Cup break before there's any chance he could be part of the squad

Members online

Latest posts

Back