Celtic v Motherwell - Saturday 6 February, 3pm kick-off - all comments here

Hi GS, we are from the same generation of Celtic supporters, so we've shared the same journey following The Hoops.. Being in my early seventies and having first watched Celtic in the late fifties, I've experienced the same roller coaster of emotions as yourself. I completely agree with you regarding the FF final; if that game ended in a 4-0 defeat we couldn't have put up an argument. I have to say though, I have witnessed some very abject performance against them, but never in a cup final. I also share your view that Lenny's time is up: however, being the face of the club, he's carrying the can. For me, our collapse goes much deeper than that. Our failure is a collective one which has been hiding in plain sight. Complacency, abysmal scouting, and failure to acknowledge the fact that we actually had competition for our status as champions has led us to where we are now.
Agree with everything you have said Frank and as I said Lawwell had him tagged for the man HE wanted in as the first team coach or manager,the minute I saw him do the fist pump to Lawwell at Tynecastle,I would have put my house on it he had the Job and as Lawwell said himself,,we have not interviewed anyone else for the post of Manager..
From day 1 Frank he has been Lawwell,s whipping boy and yes man,for me he has no respect in the dressing room,there was a fallout between Lenny and Griff last Saturday in the dressing room,that is why Rogic came on for the second half..he did not even get to choose his own coaching staff,he was told John Kennedy was staying,he is on videocelts today telling the supporters about his next 3 or 4 years in charge at Parkhead,I think Frank he needs to take a wee run up to Carstairs and wait for the first available bed,he is definitely not thinking right if he thinks he will be here at the end of the season.
I lay the major blame at the foot of Dermot Desmond,he should have told Lenny that he will be replaced at the end of the season or he will be here for a few years yet, but so far as we are led to believe Lenny has not been spoken to by Desmond or anybody else,when asked what he knew about the potentially new Director of Football at Celtic,he did,nt have a clue Frank,does this sound like a guy who will be at Parkhead for the next 3 or 4 years..
The new Director of Football at Parkhead is rumoured to be Fergal Harkin from Manchester City..a friend of one of Desmonds sons highly thought of member of Pep,s backroom team..
We need European football Frank and I dont think Lenny can give us that,I believe somebody like Stevie Clark can get us back to where we should be,but whoever our next manager is lets hope a goalkeeper is at the top of his list..

HH.

All you have to do Dermot is turn up the volume and forget about the vacuum..

HH.
Don’t know bout a vacuum it’s a big fuck off brush that’s needed up there tae sweep all the deadwood tae fuck 🙈🙈

Only Shammy gets away with that :)

i try to be respectful BB, but sometimes i look back and think, fuck went straight in there.
i'll be honest, current company exempt, sometimes i have to delete replies
its because i realise that theres more in the world than me
some of the shite i nearly react to, is to me shocking
i know that people get hurt by results and each to their own,
but i try to stick to those among us that are the site,
unless the banter starts and i lose it

i may be saft but i just try to take the balanced view on things
Aye i could quote titles, trophies etc as an argument, but last trophy is in the rear view

i do try to see things from both sides though
and i don't like it when one of our own is being villified by their own, it's fucking alien to me
Yes he's had a CNUT of a season, but to me its a guy that shouldnt get a pass, just a bit more understanding that he is trying, without success
Theres no-one in Paradise thts trying harder than him

It hurts me that we're shite but i just want change, not the blame game in between
i try to be respectful BB, but sometimes i look back and think, fuck went straight in there.
You can take the Bhoy out of Greenock...gets steamed right in... :ROFLMAO: (y)

Last edited:
Right bhoys. Having waded through these 19 pages of scattergun pish I have decided to enhance your Celtic lives by returning the thread to topic and offering youse my cultured and informative views on the game while wearing my jobbie proof tin hat lest youse less informed phundits throw an avalanche of :poop::poop::poop: at me for my searing and insightful views..
I thought we absolutely pumped 'Well. Four or five nil before their absolute freak of a goal would have been an accurate reflection of the game.
The substitutions ? Go back to my June 2020 posts where I showed respect for Lenny but declared his total tactical incompetence would haunt us this season - Those subs destroyed our rhythm our shape and our impetus.
Laxalt ? - saved the points but all their opportunities came down the left after wee Greg went off - Laxalt does not have nearly as much tactical discipline as Taylor
I could post more but truthfully it all came down to almost shipping points through really poor substitutions in my opinion ☘️☘️☘️

Is this the man who will lead us to the light at the end of the tunnel..

HH.
It’s hard to pin your hopes on someone you’ve never heard of
But doesn’t mean he ain’t good at his job

Members online

Latest posts

Back