Celtic v Motherwell - Saturday 6 February, 3pm kick-off - all comments here

Just watched the game on Sportscene. Obv limited highlights, can't see how NL can say we were 'superb'. We were ok in spells and from reading back on this thread not many seem to think we were 'superb'.
NL is talking absolute shite these days, but using words like 'superb and outstanding' when the rest watching can see we weren't just makes him look like an idiot. From what I seen we were very lucky to hang on to the lead. Motherwell were right back in it and we were hanging on for our lives and were lucky Cole missed an easy header and Laxalt cleared off the line at the death.
The thing is I watched the Lennon interview before I watched the game so I was expecting to see some 'superb' football.
Shaun Maloney was a pundit on Sportscene and spoke very intelligently on all the games shown, he's obviously a scholar of the game. Naismith was the other pundit and just sounded like a ned.
The highlights didn't show Welsh getting an arm to his face nor Cooks kung-fu kick to Sorro. Not even a mention. Funny that🤔

If you watched the rugby match,the ref sent an English player off for a high tackle also sent off a Scottish player for tripping both got ten minutes in the sin bin switch then to the Celtic game and the DELIBERATE KICK followed by a ELBOW TO THE HEAD both with the full intent to cause injury,if anyone needed evidence to how Celtic players are being treated you only need to watch what took place on a football field compared to the rugby match,the so called SFA called two Celtic players on trumped up charges and the media made a big deal of it. Yet the ref and his assistants allowed this to happen without a thought to the players on the receiving end as has been said many many times before it’s open season on Celtic and their players

all teams are supposed to be treated equally not it seems if you are a Celtic Player

Last edited:
If you watched the rugby match,the ref sent an English player get sent off for a high tackle also sent off a Scottish player for tripping both got ten minutes in the sin bin switch then to the Celtic game and the DELIBERATE KICK followed by a ELBOW TO THE HEAD both with the full intent to cause injury,if anyone needed evidence to how Celtic players are being treated you only need to watch what took place on a football field compared to the rugby match,the so called SFA called two Celtic players on trumped up charges and the media made a big deal of it. Yet the ref and his assistants allowed this to happen without a thought to the players on the receiving end as has been said many many times before it’s open season on Celtic and their players

all teams are supposed to be treated equally not it seems if you are a Celtic Player

enough said

I may be being unkind, but at the moment I feel that we have had these wins despite our management team rather than because of them. When they make a game changing decision it so often goes against us. As I said, maybe I'm being too harsh but I have lost most of my belief in them at the moment, which isn't a good feeling to have.
No you're bang on lubo , the substitutions of late are mind boggling tstl, taking off turnbull when hes far and away the best player on the park. Christie has been a passenger for too long and shouldnt be getting near the starting XI, Griffiths?? Anybody's guess as good as mine. How long does it take to lose a stone? Half the subs are of the " heres hopeing type :" not good enough but I'll take the win as hibs are chasing us and I'm not particularly looking forward to the post split matches right now

Selective!

Bullshitter of the year award to this clown

NATIONAL clinical director Jason Leitch has explained away an apparent discrepancy in the protocols surrounding false positive Covid tests in football by saying the rules are under "constant review" as "technology improves".

Motherwell demanded answers this week when a Dundee United player was cleared to play against the Steelman - despite testing positive.

Jason Leitch has sought to explain the apparent discrepancy
The Tannadice star subsequently returned a negative NHS test and got the green light from the SFA and Scottish Government.

But earlier in the season any positive led to a ten-day self-isolation period - even if followed by a negative result.

Quizzed about the matter by former Ross County boss Stuart Kettlewell on the BBC Off the Ball show, Leitch said that the authorities were constantly improving their procedures in relation to these initial private tests.

Bullshitter of the year award to this clown

NATIONAL clinical director Jason Leitch has explained away an apparent discrepancy in the protocols surrounding false positive Covid tests in football by saying the rules are under "constant review" as "technology improves".

Motherwell demanded answers this week when a Dundee United player was cleared to play against the Steelman - despite testing positive.

The Tannadice star subsequently returned a negative NHS test and got the green light from the SFA and Scottish Government.

But earlier in the season any positive led to a ten-day self-isolation period - even if followed by a negative result.

Quizzed about the matter by former Ross County boss Stuart Kettlewell on the BBC Off the Ball show, Leitch said that the authorities were constantly improving their procedures in relation to these initial private tests.
100%agree mate total shite talker makes it up as he goes along different tale everyday prick , roll on public enquiry 🤬🤬🤬🤬

I’ve voted SNP in every election for the last 20 years, after being disappointed with the “new” Labour Party but the way they’ve treated my football team will not be forgotten, they way they’re trying to appease the hun voters (that will NEVER ever vote for them) is disgusting, 1st rule in politics NEVER BITE THE HAND THAT FEEDS YOU........as that hand will stop with the food, don’t vote SNP 😡

We're not clynical enough despite our periods of dominance. Against Killie we had an offside goal and a soft penalty to flatter us. Still EVERY delivery into our box is a potential goal as demonstrated again later today. 3 points, whoopi! Convincing , no. Better teams will make us pay. Papering over cracks springs to mind.
We're like a boxer who's almost, but not quite, good enough. All style and technique, but with a very suspect glass jaw. We were a goal line clearance way from dropping another two points.

Just finished listening to Lennon tell us we were excellent for 70 minutes,I thought 60 at most. We know Lenny has his supporters as few as they may be they still support the guy which is their perogative as is ours to want him out..
My opinion only...is when he was taken on for the second time his first game was at Tynecastle where we won 2-1,that was not Lennons team that was Brendan Rogers team,since that Wednesday night nothing will convince me Lawwell was still looking for a manager,why should he when he already had a ready made poundland manager who would be at his beck and call no matter what he was asked to do Lawwell knew he would do it,he knew there would be no argument from Lenny because he was here to do whatever Lawwell wanted him to do.
I often wonder how things would have turned out last year if sevco had not went to pieces,I am not saying we would not have won the league I am saying it would have been a lot different just as it would have been now if we had a manager in the same mould as Rogers,unfortunately we dont,we have who we have and are stuck with him for the time being,he is in a battle to keep his job which I think he has already lost,even Desmond cant be arrogant enough to keep him on..
I have watched Celtic for 60 years now and I believe until the day I die I will never experience the hiding we took from the huns in the league cup final,that was the most one sided old firm game I have witnessed,can I be sure it will never happen again ?? definitely not so long as this guy is in charge,when the pressure builds on him you only need to look at him and know he is asking himself what do I do now,how can I get out of this mess,the coaching staff he has cannot help him,they are as bad as he is when it comes to tactics..
I have always said great players dont always make great managers but I am now beginning to realise this applies to coaches also like John Kennedy who was for me the best player I had seen since George Connelly,but because he would have went on to be a Celtic Legend he obviously will never achieve that accolade as a Celtic coach..
I have been doing what Lennon should have been doing since he took charge on that first night,he should have been keeping an eye on what was happening over at the cesspit as regards to recruiting,slippy has put a team on that park now who believe they can go all the way without losing a game,he has strengthened the midfield ,he has strengthened the back four and added fire power to his front men,I am not saying they are world beaters just Celtic beaters and I dont see it changing any time soon so long as Lennon wears the crown..

HH
Hi GS, we are from the same generation of Celtic supporters, so we've shared the same journey following The Hoops.. Being in my early seventies and having first watched Celtic in the late fifties, I've experienced the same roller coaster of emotions as yourself. I completely agree with you regarding the FF final; if that game ended in a 4-0 defeat we couldn't have put up an argument. I have to say though, I have witnessed some very abject performance against them, but never in a cup final. I also share your view that Lenny's time is up: however, being the face of the club, he's carrying the can. For me, our collapse goes much deeper than that. Our failure is a collective one which has been hiding in plain sight. Complacency, abysmal scouting, and failure to acknowledge the fact that we actually had competition for our status as champions has led us to where we are now.

Just watched the game on Sportscene. Obv limited highlights, can't see how NL can say we were 'superb'. We were ok in spells and from reading back on this thread not many seem to think we were 'superb'.
NL is talking absolute shite these days, but using words like 'superb and outstanding' when the rest watching can see we weren't just makes him look like an idiot. From what I seen we were very lucky to hang on to the lead. Motherwell were right back in it and we were hanging on for our lives and were lucky Cole missed an easy header and Laxalt cleared off the line at the death.
The thing is I watched the Lennon interview before I watched the game so I was expecting to see some 'superb' football.
Shaun Maloney was a pundit on Sportscene and spoke very intelligently on all the games shown, he's obviously a scholar of the game. Naismith was the other pundit and just sounded like a ned.
Just wondering, did they show the incidents where Well should have had two men sent off?

Back