Celtic v Motherwell - Saturday 6 February, 3pm kick-off - all comments here

The real culprits are Peter Lawell and the Board.

With the appointment, even on an interim basis, of any half decent manager to replace Lennon, when the first cracks began to show, we would be seriously hunting them down by now. Looking forward to the run in.

By sticking with Lennon's ineptitude, they totally blew it.

If players wanted to go, they should have been let go. Irrespective of who it was. The question should have been immediately addressed as to why they wanted to leave
I believe the answer to that, leads to Lennon's door. It is then, that action should have been taken on Lennon. Lennon himself is long enough in the game, to realise as a manager, that when you lose key players' commitment, then either they go or you go.

When they didn't, he should have faced facts, had balls, and went. He would have been respected for that decision. Seen as putting the club ahead of his own financial gain.

Instead, he chose to cling on, excuse after pathetic excuse, like an ostrich. He is an embarrassment. Everybody else can see it, but in his ostrich posture, he cannot.

I believe ostrich meat is very tasty, never tried it myself.

They said they kept certain players to chase 10 but the other investment in the squad was fuckin rank a squad at end of its cycle patched up way loans and substandard keeper they only bought a keeper cause they had to they even got that fuckin wrong 5m I cud scout better than that for 5 million ffs

The point I'm making is that we were clearly not remotely monitoring the players which is unbelievable in this day and age.
In that case yes, but the problem was they were likely monitoring his ticker, they should have been on his TikTok :)

BB sometimes it may appear that i am disagreeing with you/others when i am not
I respect your views always, one of the more articulate on here which is why i engage
If i'm on this site, im 95% working on my laptop, so spending more time than i should
As a result it's short and sharp, i likely tend not to go into where i agree, what i have to say is spewwed out, but tonight i'm laptop open, baileys and JD and have that time i don't normally

I have a thoughtful view on the shitshow and like to hare it, but i like to be made to think differently so i engage, unless its TET :ROFLMAO:

But to take your point, they are more culpable than they think.
Lenny did the job asked, finished the league and cup
They weren't wrong considering the success of his first full season

IMO the lenny that came back bought into the PL way of operating too easily, thankful to get the chance. Recipe for disaster recruitment wise since then. 35 million in the pisser.

IMO he is getting a fairer crack of the whip from them because they kow the backdrop of why its went wrong. They've told him to finish the season and with their backing he went from a guy in fear of his job, to a different guy from his first post Dubai interview.

Theyve given him renewed belief in himself by giving hi that vote of confidence
Exactly STG. Firstly, he was never going to rock the boat on Peter Lawell, having apparently thought he did not get the job in the first instance.

Secondly, I believe he has been told he will be going at the end of the season. He will be given the opportunity of publicly saying. "he is not renewing his contract." Rather than be sacked.
Not much consideration for the support, if so. Just can't wait to see the back of both of them.

In that case yes, but the problem was they were likely monitoring his ticker, they should have been on his TikTok :)

BB sometimes it may appear that i am disagreeing with you/others when i am not
I respect your views always, one of the more articulate on here which is why i engage
If i'm on this site, im 95% working on my laptop, so spending more time than i should
As a result it's short and sharp, i likely tend not to go into where i agree, what i have to say is spewwed out, but tonight i'm laptop open, baileys and JD and have that time i don't normally

I have a thoughtful view on the shitshow and like to hare it, but i like to be made to think differently so i engage, unless its TET :ROFLMAO:
No worries Smelly (sorry). I think we are mostly thinking along the same lines and when you disagree you always do it in a respectful manner and state your case. Now just "hud yer wheesht" and admit that I know better than you in every single subject! 😉😂🤣

Just watched the game on Sportscene. Obv limited highlights, can't see how NL can say we were 'superb'. We were ok in spells and from reading back on this thread not many seem to think we were 'superb'.
NL is talking absolute shite these days, but using words like 'superb and outstanding' when the rest watching can see we weren't just makes him look like an idiot. From what I seen we were very lucky to hang on to the lead. Motherwell were right back in it and we were hanging on for our lives and were lucky Cole missed an easy header and Laxalt cleared off the line at the death.
The thing is I watched the Lennon interview before I watched the game so I was expecting to see some 'superb' football.
Shaun Maloney was a pundit on Sportscene and spoke very intelligently on all the games shown, he's obviously a scholar of the game. Naismith was the other pundit and just sounded like a ned.

No worries Smelly (sorry). I think we are mostly thinking along the same lines and when you disagree you always do it in a respectful manner and state your case. Now just "hud yer wheesht" and admit that I know better than you in every single subject! 😉😂🤣
Only Shammy gets away with that :)

i try to be respectful BB, but sometimes i look back and think, fuck went straight in there.
i'll be honest, current company exempt, sometimes i have to delete replies
its because i realise that theres more in the world than me
some of the shite i nearly react to, is to me shocking
i know that people get hurt by results and each to their own,
but i try to stick to those among us that are the site,
unless the banter starts and i lose it

i may be saft but i just try to take the balanced view on things
Aye i could quote titles, trophies etc as an argument, but last trophy is in the rear view

i do try to see things from both sides though
and i don't like it when one of our own is being villified by their own, it's fucking alien to me
Yes he's had a CNUT of a season, but to me its a guy that shouldnt get a pass, just a bit more understanding that he is trying, without success
Theres no-one in Paradise thts trying harder than him

It hurts me that we're shite but i just want change, not the blame game in between

Just watched the game on Sportscene. Obv limited highlights, can't see how NL can say we were 'superb'. We were ok in spells and from reading back on this thread not many seem to think we were 'superb'.
NL is talking absolute shite these days, but using words like 'superb and outstanding' when the rest watching can see we weren't just makes him look like an idiot. From what I seen we were very lucky to hang on to the lead. Motherwell were right back in it and we were hanging on for our lives and were lucky Cole missed an easy header and Laxalt cleared off the line at the death.
The thing is I watched the Lennon interview before I watched the game so I was expecting to see some 'superb' football.
Shaun Maloney was a pundit on Sportscene and spoke very intelligently on all the games shown, he's obviously a scholar of the game. Naismith was the other pundit and just sounded like a ned.
he's trying to get a game out them fella
when he said we were shite and made examples the snowflake PC brigade were out

i agree we weren't any of those adjectives, i think he's trying to convince himself and the players they were rather than say the truth, which doesnt seem to go down favourably either

They said they kept certain players to chase 10 but the other investment in the squad was fuckin rank a squad at end of its cycle patched up way loans and substandard keeper they only bought a keeper cause they had to they even got that fuckin wrong 5m I cud scout better than that for 5 million ffs
i could have gotten better with enough for 5 fish suppers and a bus hame
and i'm not going doon the road of fishes and loafs

i could have gotten better with enough for 5 fish suppers and a bus hame
and i'm not going doon the road of fishes and loafs
The guys awful he was meant to be Greek number one had good rep obviously the dodgy defenders infront of him certainly never helped him to settle in but even so some of the goals we have lost he looks so far off it I canny believe he cost so much greek number one or not the Greeks are obviosly goin thru a rough patch for keepers more due dilligence shud have been done infact we shud have bought British marshal was a free transfer ffs there was better out there so who the fuck bought him wot does lawwel know about keepers??

he's trying to get a game out them fella
when he said we were shite and made examples the snowflake PC brigade were out

i agree we weren't any of those adjectives, i think he's trying to convince himself and the players they were rather than say the truth, which doesnt seem to go down favourably either
I don't think he's that clever, or the players are that dumb. Ok they may give an interview saying they're 100% behind him but thats only because they have to if they want to be selected. The truth will out when he's gone.

The guys awful he was meant to be Greek number one had good rep obviously the dodgy defenders infront of him certainly never helped him to settle in but even so some of the goals we have lost he looks so far off it I canny believe he cost so much greek number one or not the Greeks are obviosly goin thru a rough patch for keepers more due dilligence shud have been done infact we shud have bought British marshal was a free transfer ffs there was better out there so who the fuck bought him wot does lawwel know about keepers??
the greeks are going through that rough a time, they're selling ji'ners for 5 million to Scottish fitba clubs

I don't think he's that clever, or the players are that dumb. Ok they may give an interview saying they're 100% behind him but thats only because they have to if they want to be selected. The truth will out when he's gone.
spot on, so until then, pinch of salt for me, he's giving the interview he has to IMO

Exactly STG. Firstly, he was never going to rock the boat on Peter Lawell, having apparently thought he did not get the job in the first instance.

Secondly, I believe he has been told he will be going at the end of the season. He will be given the opportunity of publicly saying. "he is not renewing his contract." Rather than be sacked.
Not much consideration for the support, if so. Just can't wait to see the back of both of them.
nailed it IMO

If we win nothing, no trophies, this season then will you stop supporting Celtic. I for sure will not. Will I be disappointed if that happens? Of course ,but will I be disloyal, never. We have the best squad in Scotland and I will always support them. It's easy to be a keyboard supporter and berate the players, the management or the board. Just because you can post something critical do you really need to do so. Remember it's a game and sometimes we lose. That's the nature of football.

Latest posts

Back