Celtic v Motherwell - Sunday 30 August, Celtic Park - kick-off 3pm, all comments here

This match should be a good gauge for how this is going to play out. Can the team use all of the negativity and frustrations as a catalyst to pull together and move forward together or will we completely splinter and fall apart.

If we are going to play the want-aways then make sure that they play out of their skins for us so they secure the best possible move (let's be honest - probably most teams, includong some very good Celtic teams, will have contained players agitating for a move - but they still need to be professional once they go on the pitch).

Obviously we all hope we can use this humiliation to spur us onto greatness this season. Remember that the Seville season started badly in Europe too against a very unfancied Basel.

C'mon the Celtic - let's get fired into them for the full 90+ minutes!

Whilst I think Lennon will go with the same old malfunctioning formation (4231), with Christie still playing as a striker and Ajeti/Klimala on the bench, I hope he goes back to the 352 that served us so well last season (9 wins, 1 draw post winter break) and play players in their best positions. Brown needs to be dropped, if nothing else to send a message that if you're not playing well you're not playing.

Barkas
Elhamed Jullien Ajer
Frimpong Christie McGregor Turnbull Taylor
Ajeti Elyounoussi

Bain Ntcham Brown Bitton Forrest Klimala Soro Harper Connell

Every player that wants away will play tomorrow. Ntcham, ajer and christie, if true. Remember when we played morgan constantly when we had better options....so that PL could stick him on the shop window. So you can pretty much guarantee that any player who wants away will be getting game time. Hows that for playing players that are 100% committed to the cause 👍

Last edited:
Whilst I think Lennon will go with the same old malfunctioning formation (4231), with Christie still playing as a striker and Ajeti/Klimala on the bench, I hope he goes back to the 352 that served us so well last season (9 wins, 1 draw post winter break) and play players in their best positions. Brown needs to be dropped, if nothing else to send a message that if you're not playing well you're not playing.

Barkas
Elhamed Jullien Ajer
Ajeti Elyounoussi

That is the side I'd probably pick too. I might even have swapped out Luc O'Connell for Taylor as I think he is better further up the pitch but can help out too in the weaker part of our defence.

Let Ajeti run himself into the ground and then replace him with a hungry Klimala. Hopefully Soro gets integrated into the team midway through the 2nd half too. Use the 5 subs wisely!

This match should be a good gauge for how this is going to play out. Can the team use all of the negativity and frustrations as a catalyst to pull together and move forward together or will we completely splinter and fall apart.

If we are going to play the want-aways then make sure that they play out of their skins for us so they secure the best possible move (let's be honest - probably most teams, includong some very good Celtic teams, will have contained players agitating for a move - but they still need to be professional once they go on the pitch).

Obviously we all hope we can use this humiliation to spur us onto greatness this season. Remember that the Seville season started badly in Europe too against a very unfancied Basel.

C'mon the Celtic - let's get fired into them for the full 90+ minutes!

The problem in that is, it is a feature that is increasing that we need to bounce back. We need to do this because we dont tool up when required, the signings we do make are cheap, risky punts that rarely work and so we stay in that groove of not reaching where we could be. The danger with our dithering, cheapskate approach is a gradual decline and missed opportunities that cost us and prevents further development.

We will lose our dominance through this shitebag approach and every year we see us going down another wee bit. Losing another £60m because we bought a striker the manager now doesnt fancy sums us up.

Self inflicted demise is a scandal, but that's what I have witnessed these last few years under the hesitant Lawell. To me our whole recruitment and scouting is fucking rank. I dont know where we got the cunts, but we need to stop because they have a 5/1 success rate. Players they bring in sit on the bench, come on to show they arent good enough, then we let them go.

We now have no money to play with. So, our decline will continue probably to the point where that pile of utter shite win the league in the next year or so. What a fucking shambles overseeing that. But, that where we are headed with that tight fisted bastard Lawell in charge. An absolute scandal and abdication of responsibility from the self interested egotistical cunt. We should be out of sight, and to me, not being is abject failure on his part. I am fuck8ng raging but it's a place 8 knew we were heading. He needs to change or we are fucked. Even qualifying for the shit EL isnt a cert now. And please save me, it would be better for the 10 if we had no diversions. That's the kind of zero ambition that cunt Lawell has.

The problem in that is, it is a feature that is increasing that we need to bounce back. We need to do this because we dont tool up when required, the signings we do make are cheap, risky punts that rarely work and so we stay in that groove of not reaching where we could be. The danger with our dithering, cheapskate approach is a gradual decline and missed opportunities that cost us and prevents further development.

We will lose our dominance through this shitebag approach and every year we see us going down another wee bit. Losing another £60m because we bought a striker the manager now doesnt fancy sums us up.

Self inflicted demise is a scandal, but that's what I have witnessed these last few years under the hesitant Lawell. To me our whole recruitment and scouting is fucking rank. I dont know where we got the cunts, but we need to stop because they have a 5/1 success rate. Players they bring in sit on the bench, come on to show they arent good enough, then we let them go.

We now have no money to play with. So, our decline will continue probably to the point where that pile of utter shite win the league in the next year or so. What a fucking shambles overseeing that. But, that where we are headed with that tight fisted bastard Lawell in charge. An absolute scandal and abdication of responsibility from the self interested egotistical cunt. We should be out of sight, and to me, not being is abject failure on his part. I am fuck8ng raging but it's a place 8 knew we were heading. He needs to change or we are fucked. Even qualifying for the shit EL isnt a cert now. And please save me, it would be better for the 10 if we had no diversions. That's the kind of zero ambition that cunt Lawell has.
I think we are both in agreement here TV1. It drives me bonkers every single season that we don't do much business until the last week or even day (sometimes running out of time so we couldn't complete deals). I'd prefer yo get as many of our main targets in before pre-season so they have at least trained and played meaningless games with their colleagues before the important matches start. This gives us the best possible chance to maximise our revenue (from the board's perspective) - and perform better in the higher level European games (?from the fans' and players' perspective) - each season. And because of the shit way UEFA reward clubs/countries, the more you esrn one season means the odds become stacked in your favour to earn more money/glory in subsequent seasons.

PL could still scramble about towards the end of the window to see if there were any bargains going about as well like any other CEO/Director of Football.

I think we are both in agreement here TV1. It drives me bonkers every single season that we don't do much business until the last week or even day (sometimes running out of time so we couldn't complete deals). I'd prefer yo get as many of our main targets in before pre-season so they have at least trained and played meaningless games with their colleagues before the important matches start. This gives us the best possible chance to maximise our revenue (from the board's perspective) - and perform better in the higher level European games (?from the fans' and players' perspective) - each season. And because of the shit way UEFA reward clubs/countries, the more you esrn one season means the odds become stacked in your favour to earn more money/glory in subsequent seasons.

PL could still scramble about towards the end of the window to see if there were any bargains going about as well like any other CEO/Director of Football.
Under his leadership we are like a slow motion car crash. I kept hoping he would see what needed to be done, but here we are again out if the CL a level earlier than last year. Neck and neck with they pricks last December. It's a fucking disgrace. I have zero hope now and the collision with our zero ambition is now a few frames closer. There is no excuse. None.

Under his leadership we are like a slow motion car crash. I kept hoping he would see what needed to be done, but here we are again out if the CL a level earlier than last year. Neck and neck with they pricks last December. It's a fucking disgrace. I have zero hope now and the collision with our zero ambition is now a few frames closer. There is no excuse. None.
It's maybe not that dramatic but we certainly go out of our way to unnecessarily hamper our own development.

We must be doing a lot right as we are 2 games from winning 4 trebles in a row. Yes, we should beat all domestic opponents but to do it for over 30 one-off cup games where you are at the mercy of form, weather, pitches, bad refereeing, luck, etc is some achievement that other clubs that dominate their domestic leagues cannot match. This is a record we should be proud of and it will stop sooner or later.

I get the impression that the height of Lawwell's ambitions is to finish one point ahead of sevco in the league each season, instead of trying to get the best possible team on the park that we can afford.

Last edited:
Ajeti been with us a couple of weeks, told he's not match fit and already made it obvious Lenny prefers him to Klimala who as far as we know is bursting to go and done nothing wrong with the few times on the park. Why? Praying we start the game with a striker on the pitch but I'm taking nothing forgranted.

Ajeti been with us a couple of weeks, told he's not match fit and already made it obvious Lenny prefers him to Klimala who as far as we know is bursting to go and done nothing wrong with the few times on the park. Why? Praying we start the game with a striker on the pitch but I'm taking nothing forgranted.
Surely NFL will start at least one striker after the fall-out from the midweek farce? Start Ajeti because he has an understanding with Elyounoussi who should play off him with Christie, Turnbull and Frimpong (or Forrest) bombing forward in support. Then before Ajeti is blowing out of his arse, bring on Klimala who lots of time remaining (NOT IN THE 87TH MINUTE!!!) to prove to us what he is capable of.

PS Stevie - are you not supposed to be away for a romantic lochside break with your latest wife, rather than surreptitiously sneaking a look at The Noise to see what glorious nuggets of dyslexic shite Dpoopster has crapped out of his butthole?

It's maybe not that dramatic but we certainly go out of our way to unnecessarily hamper our own development.

We must be doing a lot right as we are 2 games from winning 4 trebles in a row. Yes, we should beat all domestic opponents but to do it for over 30 one-off cup games where you are at the mercy of form, weather, pitches, bad refereeing, luck, etc is some achievement that other clubs that dominate their domestic leagues cannot match. This is a record we should be proud of and it will stop sooner or later.

I get the impression that the height of Lawwell's ambitions is to finish one point ahead of sevco in the league each season, instead of trying to get the best possible team on the park that we can afford.
Our league is shit. If we cant wiu that then we are fucked. Its Eurooe that tells us what direction we are going, and that's down. Every wee step down we take we go back to meet sevco. And we have complied with thst too long. A deed club with no money and massive debt competing with us? For fuck sake. That alone should tell every supporter we are going the wrong way. We get better in eurooe, secure CL and we leave them. We havent and all they gastards need is a league win and to qualify for the CL and the romes are reversed. One thing you can say about they cunts, they go for it. Ok they do it with loans, we had money but through not investing it in talent, we have frittered it away on pricks, while regressing year on year in CL terms.

Just read that Eddy will miss this game also. Wonder if Lennon will learn from his mistake of playing Christie up top. Don't think Ajeti is ready for a start yet, but he should at least give Klimala a go. If he doesn't trust him then he should at least give him a chance to prove him wrong.

Motherwell will rebound and beat us. I am not even joking. I think we will lose. Another humiliating 2.1 defeat in the space of 4 days.

I hear we are looking at playing a kitchen porter from the Walfrid Suite, who trapped a falling plate and lobbed it back onto the washboard. Seemingly our scouts all agree hes the next Mbappe.
No mate, I don’t agree, Lenny knows he fecked the team selection up big time, I fully expect wholesale changes, 2 forwards, and a few big name players dropped, there’s a few egos gonna take a dent on sunday😱

No mate, I don’t agree, Lenny knows he fecked the team selection up big time, I fully expect wholesale changes, 2 forwards, and a few big name players dropped, there’s a few egos gonna take a dent on sunday😱
Will he change, though? That would be admitting that he was wrong and, after all, the game on Wednesday night was easier than he expected it to be.

Barkas
Elhamed Jullien Ajer
Ajeti Elyounoussi

Like that team (y)

I've noticed that Barkas seems to be getting an awful lot of stick as well. I would ask for a bit of patience and let's not write him off already (OK - I said the same for Boli who did indeed turn out to be dodgy and a comete fucktard too). I actually think he has done mostly OK so far - good distribution and mostly safe hands.

There have been a couple of fantastic shots that went past him and he was at fault for the winning goal on Wednesday (but I'd argue there were others who shoulder a much larger share of the blame for that sloppy goal).

It isn't his fault that we missed out on the Waa or let Craig Gordon walk out of the door. He is a goalie settling into a new team on a new country in very unusual circumstances, so immediately making him a fall guy is NOT going to help him to settle and perform to his best is we start moaning and demanding that he is dropped already (for a keeper that many of the complainers were moaning about just a few weeks ago).

If we support him and he turns out to be absolute dogshit then he is fair game then, but please give the guy a chance.

Just read that Eddy will miss this game also. Wonder if Lennon will learn from his mistake of playing Christie up top. Don't think Ajeti is ready for a start yet, but he should at least give Klimala a go. If he doesn't trust him then he should at least give him a chance to prove him wrong.
Lenny is quoted as saying he still thinks he played the correct team. Worrying as fek.

Members online

Latest posts

Back