Celtic v OFFC, Saturday 3rd September at 12:30pm (Parkhead timezone)

without doubt we did more better than not johnno and as i said, i'll take any win over huns.
i'm not complaining and i know 3-0 up and people can switch off

As i've said before, i'll take Ange's risk/reward anyday, it'll win 99% of domestic games

But Barisic did put in 3/4 cracking crosses in a first half spell but they had little in box on the end of it. We just need to tighten up a wee bit there on tuesday night, as these teams expose every little weakness. That where we suffered last year in Europe. We went toe to toe with all opposition which was to our credit, but were badly exposed. But.... we're a year down the line and look to be much much more solid IMO. But these teams will give us frights like we will do them.
If i was pushed for a prediction for Tuesday, i expect 4 or more goals
A very valid point raised SMG yet can put a lot of it down to a tactical plan put in place by Ange imo.
Could have been even more effective if Kyogo was able to stay on as Bobby and barrasic would have been targeted more so imo.
Even so that piss poor defence of Hun scum have lived a charmed life for way to long and exposed and exploited the shite for what they remain.
Got no idea what to expect against Madrid but expecting a very decent game of football and think our attacking intent could well be to hot for a Madrid team to be able to handle, even if any weeknesses from ourselves stand to be exploited more so, but all that can wait until Tuesday as the moment needs to be savoured more for the time being

I've just watched the 'highlights' and it has thrown up some questions and observations.

Could someone send me a pic of Kamara because I don't think I saw him touch the ball?

Banjo boy would be lucky to get a game with a junior team.

I thought it was disgraceful that Steve Davis wasn't allowed to use his walking aids.........very discriminatory!

Lunstram might be a hard man but he's also a slow donkey.

I really will have to abduct Matt O'Riley because there will be plenty of clubs looking at him now.

Joe Hart should be getting his wages cut as all he had to do was make 2 saves and one of those was from his own Captain.

Who are this Real Madrid?

Does Ben Davies actually exist?

Why was the best player in the country only on as a sub?

I've been saying for years that we have been wasteful with throw-ins so I'm glad Ange has been paying attention.

I've just watched the 'highlights' and it has thrown up some questions and observations.

Could someone send me a pic of Kamara because I don't think I saw him touch the ball?

Banjo boy would be lucky to get a game with a junior team.

I thought it was disgraceful that Steve Davis wasn't allowed to use his walking aids.........very discriminatory!

Lunstram might be a hard man but he's also a slow donkey.

I really will have to abduct Matt O'Riley because there will be plenty of clubs looking at him now.

Joe Hart should be getting his wages cut as all he had to do was make 2 saves and one of those was from his own Captain.

Who are this Real Madrid?

Does Ben Davies actually exist?

Why was the best player in the country only on as a sub?

I've been saying for years that we have been wasteful with throw-ins so I'm glad Ange has been paying attention.
I haven't seen them yet, but did they show - and then discuss in detail - the stonewall penalty we were denied in the first half?

Also have they kick started the media campaign for the compliance officer to suspend Goldhun for his elbowing Jota in the face and for scything down Maeda thigh high from behind 10 yards from the ball to stop an attack?

I haven't seen them yet, but did they show - and then discuss in detail - the stonewall penalty we were denied in the first half?

Also have they kick started the media campaign for the compliance officer to suspend Goldhun for his elbowing Jota in the face and for scything down Maeda thigh high from behind 10 yards from the ball to stop an attack?
None of the above. :mad:

CalMac had more shots on our goal than their entire team today
Joe Hart, his usual 'adequate' self kept it cool at the back
Big CCV was immense, our whole team played great but special mention to the defenders from me, did more attacking than the Forces of darkness
I may have mentioned once or twice in the past, that wee Greg Taylor is a diamond
He got stuck into them and may the good Lord (whoever that may be in your world) bless our ballbhoys
Sally McMoist seems to rate them highly
His Hun tears are...simply the best
And as for that weetabix headed pie muncher Kris Void...did you see the coupon on it after the game ?
Face like a well skelped arse
He's the 'bobbing for chips' champion

HH

The poor man's James Brown
Huh! Good God! Get up...

without doubt we did more better than not johnno and as i said, i'll take any win over huns.
i'm not complaining and i know 3-0 up and people can switch off

As i've said before, i'll take Ange's risk/reward anyday, it'll win 99% of domestic games

But Barisic did put in 3/4 cracking crosses in a first half spell but they had little in box on the end of it. We just need to tighten up a wee bit there on tuesday night, as these teams expose every little weakness. That where we suffered last year in Europe. We went toe to toe with all opposition which was to our credit, but were badly exposed. But.... we're a year down the line and look to be much much more solid IMO. These teams will give us frights like we will do them.
If i was pushed for a prediction for Tuesday, i expect 4 or more goals
This is the problem theRangers face right now, Kolak, Colak , Kojak whitever , hes not a runner, give him the ball hes dangerous, but don't supply him or hes isolated like today, and their game plan falls apart , I was never worried at any point today cos I knew that even at 3up had they scored 2 we'd have scored another two at least we were so dominant such a pleasure to see and the new goalie throwing one in for the sake of it echoed the eyes bulging out of McGregor's head last seasons 3-0 @ht , breathtaking and brilliant

A very valid point raised SMG yet can put a lot of it down to a tactical plan put in place by Ange imo.
Could have been even more effective if Kyogo was able to stay on as Bobby and barrasic would have been targeted more so imo.
Even so that piss poor defence of Hun scum have lived a charmed life for way to long and exposed and exploited the shite for what they remain.
Got no idea what to expect against Madrid but expecting a very decent game of football and think our attacking intent could well be to hot for a Madrid team to be able to handle, even if any weeknesses from ourselves stand to be exploited more so, but all that can wait until Tuesday as the moment needs to be savoured more for the time being
Oh i have no doubt that there more to it than just sticking 11 players on the park TBH.
But i think the beauty of Ange as a manager is that he has a way of playing thats simple due to its intent. He has brought in lots of players which to the untrained eye appear very similar but he recognises their different attributes. Ange has a style but understands that playing A over B within the system is a tweak within the system. I think he puts players in the team to suit the opposition.

I think Kyogo going off may have helped us today TBH.
We will never know, but it's very easy to say with Kyogo on the park, it would have been more of a pumping, it may have went the other way. In fact, it's possible they were set up and training all week to play Kyogo. GG coming into the fray was IMO the catalyst for the first half performance. He tied Sands/Goldson in knots, they didn't enjoy it one bit. To my amateur eyes, his prescence created the space and opportunities for others. He didn't score but by fuck he put in a top performance.

Before i go near Tuesday again, i think today was a lucky escapre for that mob. If we had another free week, it could have been anything. The single biggest factor today was they made it easy. Anybody who has watched this team knows, we take everything (corners/throws/free kicks) quick. I can guarantee that half pint had told them that a million times all week. They sold the jerseys and switched off time and time again. We had gears to go up but didn't need to. I expected a much harder game today. In fact i bet some of ours lads will have more of a workout tonight pumping their model birds. You can't however take away from us the manner in which we took them apart effortlessly. 3 shots on target first half 3 goals. Again, today could have been anything.

'Got no idea what to expect against Madrid but expecting a very decent game of football and think our attacking intent could well be to hot for a Madrid team to be able to handle'

In a half pished and clouded state, from my vague recollection, they've won their first 4 games in La Liga. They're managed by the most successful manager in CL history, won their league by 13/14 points last year and overcame PSG, Chelsea, Man City and Liverpool to win last years CL. They have IMO a shoe in for the 2022 Ballon d'or winner up front while Hazard and Tony Kroos can't get a starting spot. Nothing to fret over ....

I know what to expect, a team that is many levels above us. They are the cream of the crop in every way, but we are only inferior to them due to finance. We are a match for them in every other way that a CL club SHOULD be judged.

Theres only 2 ways it can go, they turn up on point and give us a going over. In reality it's just like us v every other SPL team. Their should only be one winner, but the leveller is its at Paradise and history shows magical things can happen no matter the opposition.

The best team in Europe is coming to town and i have not one ounce of fear.

Back