Celtic v OFFC, Saturday 3rd September at 12:30pm (Parkhead timezone)

Yesterday was fun and as you said, a fairly calm and unstressful watch. It is only 3 points which can be ruled out by a couple of slack draws in other should-win matches.

The only downside to our transfer activity is coming out of it with only 2 recognised out and out strikers, both of whom sufferered ling periods of injury last season.

To enter into such a hectic season of essentially 2 high pressure games every week, often against hammer throwers who know they will get several free shots at our players, and using our high energy tactics with only 2 strikers was a mistake. Already one of them will be out for a while with the worry that his shoulder may come out again in any inoculous tussle.

Yes, we have many goal scoring attacking players, but they are not experienced in being the focal point leading the line which requires a different set of skills. This was why I wanted a 3rd backup striker. They didn't have to be Champions League standard but good enough for the SPFL which makes up nearly 90% of our matches.

Ah well, we never so we do what we can which should still be more than enough to win the league and hopefully a cup or two and some progression in Europe. This season will be one to remember.
Aye that's true about having the two out and out strikers BB though we do have a few who can play that role, like maeda , haksa think weve used Abada there before as well.
It would be great to have 3 first team quality strikers, would that create disharmony amongst the side?
Perhaps, though Ange is very careful on those he signs, have the proper attitude.
Ange has used both strikers in most games at some point so we will see if those like maeda and haksa can deliver there if need be, Forrest has also been used before as a striker.
Of course none of those give you the same confidence levels as Kyogo or GG there.
I think it helps that goals are coming from all departments.
Oriley yesterday was out of this world, what a performance from him , his best in the hoops.
Jotas goal was outstanding at the speed he approached the ball.
4 goals at least 2 nutmegged the goalie ( whit wis he dain?) .
Were about to find out big time how far weve come against the best side Europe has to offer in Real Madrid.
If we show well and give them a game I'll be happy with that, a draw I'll be delighted with, a victory and I'll be in heaven on earth.
All of the players involved yesterday were brilliant, super.
Starfelt went off and Jenz looked assured when he replaced him.
We also hear ad- nauseum, they are the EL runner's up and therefore one of Europe's best sides.
We know better than that assessment, we know we're better than they are but we're playing at a higher level but not a level that's beyond us.
I'm beginning to lean towards the possibility that we might be looking at the best Celtic side ( in the making at least) in my lifetime , having missed out just on the lions 2 finals.
MON nor WGS had a squad like this.
Of course it's very early days but very very exciting days to be a Celtic supporter HH

Anyone else a wee bit disappointed at how many times Juranovic allowed Barasic the time and space to cross dangerous balls in to our box?…
Not really imatim, discussed it with SMG and imo believe it was a tactical decision taken by Ange.
Having O'Reilly and abada pushing up higher left that space to be exploited with the overload by Barasic as josip was matched up by the banjo boy moreso.
Was addressed and sorted out at h/t when the damage had been done by abada and O'Reilly in an attacking sence imo where Barasic was nowhere to be seen upon the goals scored.
Ange is prepared to take such risks but also had enough confidence with our CB to deal with the crosses which they did overall.
So if Barry Fergushun thinks that the orange midget had Ange sussed out, think it was a case of Ange sussed the orange midget out moreso myself and clearly winning the battle of wits imo.

Not really imatim, discussed it with SMG and imo believe it was a tactical decision taken by Ange.
Having O'Reilly and abada pushing up higher left that space to be exploited with the overload by Barasic as josip was matched up by the banjo boy moreso.
Was addressed and sorted out at h/t when the damage had been done by abada and O'Reilly in an attacking sence imo where Barasic was nowhere to be seen upon the goals scored.
Ange is prepared to take such risks but also had enough confidence with our CB to deal with the crosses which they did overall.
So if Barry Fergushun thinks that the orange midget had Ange sussed out, think it was a case of Ange sussed the orange midget out moreso myself and clearly winning the battle of wits imo.

On another day, against more clinical opposition, allowing the time and space for crosses like that to be delivered in to our penalty box, is really going to hurt us imo…

Anyone else a wee bit disappointed at how many times Juranovic allowed Barasic the time and space to cross dangerous balls in to our box?…
Aye, mate it was the only outlet they had for the 90 minutes.
Too much space on that flank , plenty of time to pick a throw in and get crosses in.
That said , we dealt with it.
I cannot see the same thing happening against Real Madrid.
If we allow them space down the left we'll be punished.
Calculated tactics by Ange?
Perhaps , though had colak met that cross it was surely going to be on target.
It was the only joy ( passing around in their half aside ) they and barisic had.
Barisic especially must be having nightmares about Abada but aye completely see what you're getting at , barisic was free a couple of times to choose his cross or they could find a free man at throw ins on the same flank.
We have the team and squad to deal with that domestically but I'd be stunned were that the case in the champions league.
I'd be surprised ( not overly though) if Ange gives JJ the same freedom against Madrid.
Playing our way is great but at the same time Ange must recognise that this is a completely different proposition and for me a once in a generation opportunity at Madrid.
We have seen JJ be not so attack minded before, perhaps that might happen again.
Tbh I've no idea how Ange will approach it defensively but 100 % I expect us to attack them.
Hopefully it will come together on the night .
So gutted for wee Kyogo to miss this game of all games .

Last edited:
Aye, we've been leaking goals all season. 🙄🤪

If Benzema is on the end of crosses like that delivered by Barasic it could be a very different story…..if we want to make an impression in Europe in my view, we have to judge ourselves by a higher standard that the majority of what we play against domestically…..it’s simply constructive criticism on a potential problem that I saw….so bite me…

Members online

Latest posts

Back