Celtic v Partick Thistle - Wednesday 25 September - all comments here

Great night at Paradise as expected,made even better by the introduction of Scott Sinclair whose only crime is trying to get into a Celtic team which is better now than when he first arrived with the Leicester serpent,,, and as far as I can see things are not going to get easier anytime soon.
This man deserves nothing but absolute respect from every Celtic supporter which I am sure we all have shown,, as he has shown the respect he has for Celtic by waiting in the wings for an opportunity to show us all that he still has what it takes to be a Celtic player..
HH.
Good point on sincy sprig.alot of us were shouting for him to be dropped and rightly so, his form was honking for a while. But to be honest his stats are still as good as anybody's and he shouldn't be out of the squad entirely,surely merits a place on the bench,certainly in front of morgan . HH

Good point on sincy sprig.alot of us were shouting for him to be dropped and rightly so, his form was honking for a while. But to be honest his stats are still as good as anybody's and he shouldn't be out of the squad entirely,surely merits a place on the bench,certainly in front of morgan . HH
Maybe were all getting ahead of ourselves and he's been giving time to spend with his new kid

Atleast you would like to think that was the reason and not a case of freezing out a talent

The point still stands though that for a player of his fantastic ability he was under performing in far too many games last season. Maybe Lenny has played a blinder here by dropping him. Sincy looks hungry again and committed compared to last year so hopefully he will regain his original form for us and will contribute significantly over the remaining 40-50 games we still have to play this season and maybe for another year or two yet...

Cracking result for a team with so many changes, 5 goals and some brilliant performances especially from Ntcham, Bayo and the young bhoy Frimpong. Ntcham was a class act throughout and his 1st goal was a thing of pure beauty. Bayo was a menace, he showed both his target man credentials with that bullet header and that he ain't too shabby with the ball at his feet either, all the makings of a top striker right there. Frimpong is a work in progress but for a bhoy of 18 to come in and play like that was pretty fucking impressive, may just have a player there.

Also good to see Sinclair and Rogic back but even better to see them getting on the score sheet. No harm to young Morgan but I can't understand why he's ahead of Sinclair in the pecking order right now. I get Sinclair's form has been patchy (to say the least) but even on his off days I think he still offers more than what Morgan can right now. As for the Wizard of Oz, great to seem him back in the hoops and getting himself a goal into the bargain, just hope he doesn't disappear back behind the curtain for another 8 months.

Last edited:
This is definitely a hun reporter trying his level best to trip Boli up,, but fair play to the Bhoy he has answered every question with confidence..
Lets wait and see if we ever get to see an interview with rat boy and how often his interprator has to bail him out..
HH.

The point still stands though that for a player of his fantastic ability he was under performing in far too many games last season. Maybe Lenny has played a blinder here by dropping him. Sincy looks hungry again and committed compared to last year so hopefully he will regain his original form for us and will contribute significantly over the remaining 40-50 games we still have to play this season and maybe for another year or two yet...
Good point BB
In North American sports, there's nothing like a 'benching' or not being in the squad, to motivate players
Some take it as intended and work their socks off and get back on the park, on the ice, as the case may be
Some don't take it well and mope and bring the dressingroom down, only to move on and into obscurity
Good to Sincy back and contributing
You could see how much the ovation he got when coming on & his goal, meant to him
COYBIG
HH

Talking about Sinclair, I’ve always wondered if he’s struggled with his new kid as he’s looked shattered for a while. Maybe not getting sleep like most dads. Mind you, I’m sure he’s got the luxury of naps compared to the average joe. Is it just me that thinks he doesn’t look as lean as usual on they highlights?

Not sure who's askin the question but talk about being fkn negative

Spot on
HUN for sure
Nothing positive, just trying to trip up the big man
Celtic should start banning some of these pricks, they're going to wrtie crap about us anyway, so fuck them and see how they like being shut out
Especially if it affects their ability to earn a crust
New left backs brought in, how do you feel about that ?"
"Do you think you should be the starting left back ?"
That's the extent of his questions ?
Scottish media, establishment lackies
The lodge is full of them
What an utter cunt that guy is

This is definitely a hun reporter trying his level best to trip Boli up,, but fair play to the Bhoy he has answered every question with confidence..
Lets wait and see if we ever get to see an interview with rat boy and how often his interprator has to bail him out..
HH.
Big Boli reminding him when he spoke about negativecomments re his earlier play, that he basically does not read their shite rags and stop trying to create wee scenarios re competiton for places, we rotate for a reason ya wanker, we play more games than the rest because thats what is required.

Spot on
HUN for sure
Nothing positive, just trying to trip up the big man
Celtic should start banning some of these pricks, they're going to wrtie crap about us anyway, so fuck them and see how they like being shut out
Especially if it affects their ability to earn a crust
New left backs brought in, how do you feel about that ?"
"Do you think you should be the starting left back ?"
That's the extent of his questions ?
Scottish media, establishment lackies
The lodge is full of them
What an utter cunt that guy is

Keep them Dill the more shite they talk the more the Celtic fans stop buying newspapers and puts them in the gutter.

" upthehoops 26th September 2019 at 18:53

John Clark 26th September 2019 at 13:58
There is a deep,deep,deep rottenness in the Scottish Press and in the Scottish business and commercial world that is far more deeply corrosive than the rottenness at the heart of Scottish Football.
===================================
Last night I watched 'The Papers' on BBC Scotland, which covered the demise of newspapers in Scotland. The digital age is of course a contributor to that, but what struck me was the utter arrogance shining through that the media is a great bastion of truth and democracy. They are only out to earn a living like the rest of us, but some humbleness would not go amiss. I do not wish anyone out of a job, but I am really glad I no longer buy newspapers. There are as many liars in their midst as there is in any other section of society."

Boli did pretty well. Seems like the club really prepares these guys for the press, to Celtic's credit, as the interview with Elhamed and Bauer were also straight and to the point; Bauer especially is very well-spoken (apparently in more than one language) and deflects nonsense very diplomatically. It also helps, too, that these guys seem to be pretty smart as well, so there's always that.

Last night I watched 'The Papers' on BBC Scotland, which covered the demise of newspapers in Scotland. The digital age is of course a contributor to that, but what struck me was the utter arrogance shining through that the media is a great bastion of truth and democracy. They are only out to earn a living like the rest of us, but some humbleness would not go amiss. I do not wish anyone out of a job, but I am really glad I no longer buy newspapers. There are as many liars in their midst as there is in any other section of society."

This issue hits home on a personal level, as I was a newspaper editor for nearly 40 years before being laid off in 2014. But despite the so-called "digital age" contributing greatly to the demise of print, it is true that the arrogance of some of the leadership contributed greatly to the train wreck that the news media finds itself in today. The only currency that news outlets have is credibility, and when they lose that -- as so many have -- they are nothing, which many currently are or have become.

This issue hits home on a personal level, as I was a newspaper editor for nearly 40 years before being laid off in 2014. But despite the so-called "digital age" contributing greatly to the demise of print, it is true that the arrogance of some of the leadership contributed greatly to the train wreck that the news media finds itself in today. The only currency that news outlets have is credibility, and when they lose that -- as so many have -- they are nothing, which many currently are or have become.
Unbiased news or we aint buying.

Boli did pretty well. Seems like the club really prepares these guys for the press, to Celtic's credit, as the interview with Elhamed and Bauer were also straight and to the point; Bauer especially is very well-spoken (apparently in more than one language) and deflects nonsense very diplomatically. It also helps, too, that these guys seem to be pretty smart as well, so there's always that.
I think you're right Larry
Plus, with Neil Lennon coming out and giving the media the gears over the way, him & the club have been treated, it galvanizes the team and they are smart enough & articulate enough, to know when they're being led into a media minefield
Turn the tables on those who would try to trip them up
Fantastic to see
HH

Last edited:
When Jack Hendry came on a sub he made 100% accuracy passes . I think too many people have written him off but obviously Neil Lennon has not. Not enough time to make a proper judgement but I still think he can turn out to be a great player. Too many rush to judgement too quickly.

Members online

No members online now.

Back