Celtic v Raith Rovers - League Cup Quarter Final Thursday 23 September, Kick-off 7.45pm - all comments here

Winning Captains

Administrator
Staff member
Celtic take on Raith Rovers at Celtic Park needing a win against a team who knocked Aberdeen out in the last round and have some 'form' against Celtic. Ange Postecoglou confirmed that only Georgios Giakoumakis will be added to the squad that lost at Livingston, so there will be no quick return for Callum McGregor.

However Celtic's home form is exceptional, in contrast to our away day 'blues' so we should have more than enough to take care of the Fifers, so there should be no dancing in the streets of Raith tomorrow night. That doesn't even bear thinking about. Prediction? 4-0 to Celtic...

All comments here...

We need a keeper/back 4 that will play the majority of games through the next month or so. That means CCV & Starfelt as defensive pair with Juranovic at RB and its now time, starting tomorrow night, to give Montgomery a run of 4 games pre international break at LB. Bolingoli isn't in European squad so he should only be back up domestically. Unfortunately with McGregor unavailable for another week or so our options in midfield are limited. Rogic & Turnbull doesn't work but we may be forced to stick with them tomorrow and Sunday. McCarthy needs games so should stay in the team. Would like to see Johnston get a start with Jota moving to the right.
5 subs allowed tomorrow night so start with a strong 11 then give players some gametime if we are a few ahead.

Hart
Juranovic CCV Starfelt Montgomery
Turnbull McCarthy Rogic
Jota Ajeti Johnston
Subs Bain Giakoumakis Abada Soro Bitton Bolingoli Welsh Ralston Scales

3-0 win Giakoumakis to come off the bench and score

Aye the Rovers can be oor bogy team......Who can remember the cup final in 1994......we lost on penalties.....
I’ve enjoyed many great memories from watching Celtic and try to forget the disappointments but when we Lost to Raith at Ibrox is probably going to live with me forever. I was 40, 3 months later and my so called friends walked in in Jimmy Nicholl masks.
God please let me forget.
HH

Do we blood one or two or do we try to get a settled rhythm with the main squad? I suppose a mixture is the way.

Keep the keeper 🙏

Josip CCV Starfelt Scales.

Mccarthy Soro Rogic.

Jota Ajeti Johnson.

With 5 subs being allowed, lets make the most of it.

6 nuffin, Jota with 2 Ajeti Starfelt Rogic and GG aff the bench to score under the disco lights 🕺🕺🕺🕺😍.

H.H

Members online

Back