Celtic v St Johnstone - Celtic Park, Saturday 26th August, 3pm

Last season I didnt think we were very accurate with passing. We exploited space very well and players driving into spaces allowed to compensate less than accurate passing through connect wit the better speed of our players making up for their technical weaknesses. Practically its a better plan than trying to play accurate football if the players arent that technically excellent.

I havent seen any of game today or even listened to it. But I imagine from the unhappiness today that rodgers is persisting with the ball to feet method of creating chances.

From a management point of view its either impractical in short term at least or just blind pig headedness to think our players can suddenly get grip of an entirely alien system from one they excelled at last few seasons.

improving your technical passing is probably imo the hardest part to coach into a player if they dont naturally have it.

therefore he either needs to change the system to maximise his players abilities (good management) or stick with his prefered style which he thinks is long term best approach.

in meantime without high grade passers we will imo struggle create chances against low block full defence system. Why because you need to be highly accurate with one two type football and understand the system very well to pull it off.

other option is- if the board think he is the best coach then give him the players he needs with the skills to play his system.

His system works when he has the best passing players who want to play that system. it will probably drop a lot of points even in scotland if the players lose confidence in themselves because he showing them they arent that accurate or fast enough to pull off what he trying to get from them.

And especially true if he keeps gifting the central area of pitch to opposition with no ball winners
I just love your condenced input TET 🤣

If not then I believe IMHO we will be in a crisis. Just look at the tactical side of things, I know we have injuries and fringe players not up to it, but BR is a top class coach no? Well you could have fooled me. No manager worth his salt would have taken on this job. Managers want to identify their own players.That is not the Celtic way. We need a Jock Stein type who can and does stand up to the board. Jock picked the players just look at the Lisbon lions. Jock knew players and how to handle them BR doesn't have that.

I don't see that happening tbh, regardless of what the fans may want. Rodgers is the board's golden child so it will take a lot to get rid of him. I will join the Rodgers out movement myself though mind if it keeps on being inept on the pitch...just not quite yet haha.
Mr Wunderbar loved you in the Ring. Could be doing with you in the first team🍀🍀

Fully expect to lose agains the Zombies next week now. No signs of progression on the park or offit. SJ nearly scored with the few chances they got, we had umpteen corners and what should have been reasonable tap ins, but not a goal in sight.

Next week we are up agains a Zomie team taking massive confidence at the clusterfeck going on. We should be out of site of that club, but we are held back massively internally.

Yes we've been hit with injuries, however up front we are impotent,devoid of movement - off the ball. That used to be Kyogos main strength.Turnbull and O'Reilly together are a luxury, we need a midfielder that bites. Cal Mac looks like he's gone into early retirement, he's been one of the most prolific drivers going forward, not recently.

It would seem more professional for a manager to study the strengths and weaknesses of his team, a winning team. Then decide how he thinks he can improve it without destroying the whole ethos of what had previously been created. Evidently that hasn't happened from our last few games.

Was all for Rodgers getting the nod given the limited options with his past success. What I hadn't realised was the influence the Lawells would have. In Anges period it looked like the bad old days of buying hopefulls were gone. He got the players He wanted. Full reversal mode this year and it's showing-big time. The Lawell Dynasty must end if this is what they create, we did far better when he was out of the pictire last couple of years.

He can march out and unfurl a flag won but can't stand up against the corruptness that builds momentum every year to bring us down. The refs no longer hide their bias, Rangers win, fist bumps from the refs to their players, big smiles. Someone takes points of Celtic, ditto. That;s not even taking into account the non protection of players and erratic scribbles of VAR. An employers duty a reasonable person would think?

Seriously Lawell needs to grow a backbone, fight for this club and not destroy it from within, hopefully that's genetic!

Get players into the squad that improve it, sell your golden fleece, invest and stand up vocally for your club instead of being the Silent Assassin, a different creed than most here know.

Didn't see the game today. Didn't place any pre-game bets on so didn't end up watching the odds to determine how much I'd need to put on for the win at evens to break even or face the temptation to lump on near the end if the odds got enticing.
I'm sure many others were less-fortunate today.
Fan loyalties are certainly being tested at the present time.
I sincerely hope they are not being cynically-manipulated.
Sporting teams should not be in business with companies whose profits are significantly influenced by sporting team results.
I am currently steering clear of conspiracy theorism, merely presenting observations.

Didn't see the game today. Didn't place any pre-game bets on so didn't end up watching the odds to determine how much I'd need to put on for the win at evens to break even or face the temptation to lump on near the end if the odds got enticing.
I'm sure many others were less-fortunate today.
Fan loyalties are certainly being tested at the present time.
I sincerely hope they are not being cynically-manipulated.
Sporting teams should not be in business with companies whose profits are significantly influenced by sporting team results.
I am currently steering clear of conspiracy theorism, merely presenting observations.
So you don't think this shambles is a cunning plan to lure the deady bears into a false sense of security? 🧐

So you don't think this shambles is a cunning plan to lure the deady bears into a false sense of security? 🧐
I've processed many 'cunning plan' scenarios as the spectres of sabotage and cynical exploitation are only ever a (metaphorical yoke in the road not what gave you the Caldwells) corner or two away. Such scenarios would probably involve too many corrupted people from board to boot room to be realistically viable but where there is profit there is greed and I consume a lot of weed.

Really can't believe the criticism of Scales today, he must be ~7th on the list of available centre backs. The back 5 (including big Joe) did their job today, which was a clean sheet. Well done ✅

However, it was the other 6 players Infront of them that didn't do their job today. ❌

Though Yang was excellent today, not sure why he was taken off? Poor Kyogo doesn't know what to do, drop deep to please the manager or play by instinct on the shoulder.

We should keep tabs on their keeper.... Played brilliant today commanded his box very well.

We need PSV to smash them, otherwise Sunday could be a long day.

Even if PSV smash them, we are the weakest we have been for many years. The Board have a lot of things to answer bur dont
Because nobody has held a board to account since boycott and and protest cleared the path to Fergus. That time the incompetence and corruption switched people on.
But history, we are told, repeats as tragedy then farce.
Incompetence and corruption if occurring in future would likely switch more off than on in a market with considerably more alternative options to expend time, emotion and money.

Too many here accept that 'the board' do whats's best for celtic. Facts prove otherwise, they do whats good for their bank balance, We are being fed a web of lies, They are tories, not a straight bone in their body. Celtic fans care about the players, results, not about the bonus Pl and DD get, The Board fleece us all.

Pl and DD would rather barrier the stadium off to fans than deal with real issues on the park, created by them. fish oil salesmen, both. We were ahead of the Zombies because of Furgus, we are behind them now thanks to DD. I know who I value

Really can't believe the criticism of Scales today, he must be ~7th on the list of available centre backs. The back 5 (including big Joe) did their job today, which was a clean sheet. Well done ✅

However, it was the other 6 players Infront of them that didn't do their job today. ❌

Though Yang was excellent today, not sure why he was taken off? Poor Kyogo doesn't know what to do, drop deep to please the manager or play by instinct on the shoulder.

We should keep tabs on their keeper.... Played brilliant today commanded his box very well.

We need PSV to smash them, otherwise Sunday could be a long day.
The clean sheet was welcome, thank goodness for those two saves from Joe.
Can we say we were tested at the back? Only after an hour or so did Saints look like they fancied a wee trip up the park. As it happens I would keep Scales, I think he could play in a back three, at least in our domestic games.

However, taking yesterday in isolation, when exposed later in the game he didn't cover himself in glory.

As I said in an earlier post, if we don't address the central defence needs in the coming week or so, we will struggle to keep hold of our title. Number one priority in my opinion. As for our CL games, I'm really concerned.

Members online

Latest posts

Back