Celtic v St Johnstone - Celtic Park, Saturday 26th August, 3pm

Seems to me the smart move would've been bringing in a manager that continued with and built on the tactical strategy Ange had put in place given the players we have were bought with that system in mind and more importantly it worked.

Aye it maybe needed tweaked a little and a wee step up in quality for the European stage but we were on the right track. Now? We look slow, disjointed and toothless, the fluency and intensity to our play has evaporated and both players and manager look devoid of ideas on how to fix it!

That said I don't blame either the players or Rodgers for any of this (as much as I'd like to blame the latter).....nope this is down to the same old problems that have plagued us for years...the absence of a strategic vision, structured planning and poor succession preparation.

This isn't an FC problem it's a PLC problem and it always has been!

If Rodgers had actually watched a lot of our games as he claimed then he would have known our style was fast forward passing and movement.
So what does he do? Let’s revert to my favoured tippy tappy side to side tactics again lads. The reason we scored so many under AP was the fast forward movement that suited guys like Kyogo and Daizen. The reason we are not scoring now is said tippy tappy style which does NOT suit these guys.
We are now taking 200 passes to get from one end to the other. A fkn geriatric on zimmer could get back in time to cover with this kind of possession style.
Maybe you should have noted how effective our play was under Ange before you started changing things Brendan. Or maybe you didn’t actually watch much at all and that was just another BS line to try and curry favour with the support.

If Rodgers had actually watched a lot of our games as he claimed then he would have known our style was fast forward passing and movement.
So what does he do? Let’s revert to my favoured tippy tappy side to side tactics again lads. The reason we scored so many under AP was the fast forward movement that suited guys like Kyogo and Daizen. The reason we are not scoring now is said tippy tappy style which does NOT suit these guys.
We are now taking 200 passes to get from one end to the other. A fkn geriatric on zimmer could get back in time to cover with this kind of possession style.
Maybe you should have noted how effective our play was under Ange before you started changing things Brendan. Or maybe you didn’t actually watch much at all and that was just another BS line to try and curry favour with the support.
Exactly what I’d said when Rodgers rejoined, his ego and pure pigheadedness wouldn’t let him use the last manager’s style, he’s stuck in a Barcelona 2010 era, the world has moved on, but the geriatric dinosaur, is set in his ways 🤷‍♂️

I just know how these things pan out ..as we all do ..we know everything is not 100% on this August day, 3 league matches in but giving others ammunition is not a very clever thing
It is not up to others to apply the pressure for change. It will come from us.

Hibs have sacked their manager bottom of the League so like Hibs
So we should sack our Manager and we’re top of the League 3 games in and we should squander circa £12 million to get rid. Pretty sure he goes when DD says not the maddies oan thi Celtic Noise or any other fans forums. Let’s hope the SMSM urny reading the posts oan here it’ll gie thum Ideas 💡.
We know he’s not the popular choice but if as he says he trains what’s bought for him not his choices. And that’s out in the real world now.
Tell me who would come and be the manager with his hands and legs hog tied to the ridiculous Lawwell family playing SPFL fitba manager.
Getting rid of BR fine
Getting this haud back Board oot Priceless
But the money men and hedge funds will back this Board.
Remember Boos get you fenced and locked out.
Oh
And Agnes is not coming back Mate
Mon the Hoops

HH 🍀

So we should sack our Manager and we’re top of the League 3 games in and we should squander circa £12 million to get rid. Pretty sure he goes when DD says not the maddies oan thi Celtic Noise or any other fans forums. Let’s hope the SMSM urny reading the posts oan here it’ll gie thum Ideas 💡.
We know he’s not the popular choice but if as he says he trains what’s bought for him not his choices. And that’s out in the real world now.
Tell me who would come and be the manager with his hands and legs hog tied to the ridiculous Lawwell family playing SPFL fitba manager.
Getting rid of BR fine
Oh
Mon the Hoops

HH 🍀
Well said.... 👏👏👏

P.S Who's Agnes (😂😂😂😂).

Big Joe stopped it being an even worse result than the draw.
Thought Johnston did really well for first game back. Greig Taylor also had his first half decent contribution to date.

Scales had plenty of the ball first half but it's the first time I've really noticed he looks a bit laboured and can get caught out in behind. But it's a big ask for the boy when he knows he's no where near first choice and only getting a start because of desperate needs must. Looks like he'll have to wait until January for a move now.

I like big Lagerbielke who looks fairly reliable al be it a few stray passes here and there.

What to say about the midfield....for me this is where we are failing badly and if that's the starting midfield next week I think I'll just go for a walk rather than wait on the inevitable.
Please get Iwata in place of Turnbull. Everybody can see it.
If I'm gonna be honest I would have to say Calmac is showing not much better than Turnbull and seems to be all talk with no substance at present. What has happened to him ?
Our new spokesman seems to be O'Riley who is a bit overated and tends to make the wrong final decision ...needs to put his foot through the baw as side passing into the net doesn't always work as proven yesterday.

Up front Kyogo's heid is doon and he just can't get going Yang is looking sharp and will do well.
Daizen is in the same boat as Kyogo and I feel they are missing there faither Ange.

Apart from that things can only get better ....right ? 🤔
Astute observations there Mag7, 60,000 in the stands can see where the problem lies, starting at the side of the pitch, no battlers in midfield, and you're right when you say Kyogo and Maeda don't look happy with this style of play, Brendan's ego has to be reigned in, it's Neil Lennon, and the 'my way, or the highway' all over again, imho, I'm keeping my faith in the team, and it's a case of who's not injured and ready to play, but I can't believe how we've gone from Champions to an average team, in less than a couple of months HH

Last edited:
Getting rid of BR fine
Oh
Mon the Hoops

HH 🍀
Rodgers won't get sacked, unless he has a number of disastrous results, and he won't resign either. So he will remain our manager for quite a while yet so let's hope he brings us excitement and success irrespective of the players we have at the club. I didn't want him, I don't trust him, I don't particularly like him (or dislike him), but he is the current manager of my club so I wish him well.

Our generation of fans have suffered through a period of gross mismanagement while our fiercest rivals were (illegally) winning so much and rubbing our noses in it, so we can cope with this slight upset. But we want the folks running the club to get their act together as we will not be happy if this turns into another year like the failed 10IAR fiasco.

COYBIG 🍀

Members online

Latest posts

Back