Celtic v St Johnstone match thread

Okoflex is a wee fanny who will never make a footballer due to attitude. Dembele is in danger of becoming the new Feruz and is out of the picture due to lack of fitness and looking for a transfer.
In saying that our youth set up is a disgrace. Since Forrest broke through 10 years ago we've produced 2 first team regulars who have made a significant contribution (McGregor and Tierney) whilst the guy who ditched Andy Robertson, and recommended we ditch KT until Ronny stepped in and put him into the first team squad, still remains in post 12 years on.
I don't personally know either player, but I've watched them with the young team, and they are quality
Players come and go, but when there's options sitting going stale on the bench, as we continue to drop popints, it's frustrating
I tend not to let my emotions get the better of me (changed days) so I would just like to see more of Turnbull, Soro, and the rest who are not getting a chance, for whatever reason
HH

The manager makes the decision , I give you gavin strachan no the managers decision, Shane duffy no the managers decision Johnny Hayes no the managers decision Craig Gordon no the managers decision could go on
Assuming that's all true then he should've done what Rodgers did and walk.

Love him or hate the guy Rodgers knew he was being undermined and didn't stand for it.

The point you're making (assuming it's true) only proves that Lennon's a weak manager and will allow himself to be dictated to.

Thanks for helping to prove my point m8. 👍

im no sure that its possible for a 3rd division manager to make these players less like a football team.

despite it failing week after week

its back to 3 at back 1 dcm

2 extrawide centre mids who stay away from middle of park

2 wing backs who play higher than the two wide mids

2 inside forwards who like to play closer to forward wide positions

and 2 number 10s

pretty much 4 0 6 in two banks 30 + yards apart

no crosses

no ones twos

just lots of long balls that are too wayward or long to control

very seldom any striker in box but 6 guys in their half most of game

lost goal again soon frimpong side- he didn't even do any dribbles today but more importantly no tackles again looks totally lost positionally and cant pass ball or read when to attack

frimpong is nowhere near first time player

he miles worse than boli and he was dire

worst formation ive ever seen

same every week this season more or less

its not possible to be that bad consistently even if your a gash manager

total fish mash nearly all in positions that aren't their main position

no plan that coherrent

its so bad that its bizarre

did lennon say it was excellent today?

I would hold off on barkas just now hes came into this shit the defence informs of him are just bloody awful the now canny expect him to save us but the rest I agree with turnbull needs to be played regular ger him some confidence to pay his game I think he wid lift our midfield out its slumber aswell I k ow he was out way covid but he sat on bench rite away when he came was stupid doing that to him shud have played him with his confidence was up at the start lennys just not a good manager I'm afraid it's there for us all to see it Disnae mean we hate him just time to go
It's not as if Barkas wasn't playing in big tournaments prior to coming to us, he was brought in to stop the goals and hasn't done it so far
I think the rough and tumble of the SPFL is beyond him, I could be wrong, but I know what I'm seeing
Yes, our defence is non existent, but he's also not commanding his box, when crosses come in
Thier goal came across and through, our six yard line, granted he was thinking the guy might shoot, but he went down far too easliy, and was caught out of position
He tried to punch the ball too, and made a hash of it
Keepers need to make the ball theirs, and frighten the shite out of anyone in their path, team mates and oppsition alike
We're hurting oncce again, but still in with a shout, even if it is help
Hh

Last edited:
Celtic are fully complicit on the five way agreement and are content to have the myth over by continued it is obviously clear it suits Celtic to have a TV deal that suits both parties, the con is in and it is obvious now this is no freak season, This is the restoring of the natural order the old firm. I am not buying it next season so fuck them.

im no sure that its possible for a 3rd division manager to make these players less like a football team.

despite it failing week after week

its back to 3 at back 1 dcm

2 extrawide centre mids who stay away from middle of park

2 wing backs who play higher than the two wide mids

2 inside forwards who like to play closer to forward wide positions

and 2 number 10s

pretty much 4 0 6 in two banks 30 + yards apart

no crosses

no ones twos

just lots of long balls that are too wayward or long to control

very seldom any striker in box but 6 guys in their half most of game

lost goal again soon frimpong side- he didn't even do any dribbles today but more importantly no tackles again looks totally lost positionally and cant pass ball or read when to attack

frimpong is nowhere near first time player

he miles worse than boli and he was dire

worst formation ive ever seen

same every week this season more or less

its not possible to be that bad consistently even if your a gash manager

total fish mash nearly all in positions that aren't their main position

no plan that coherrent

its so bad that its bizarre

did lennon say it was excellent today?
I winder why though TET.....Surely Neil isn't that bad a manager....WTF is going on I wonder.....It looks like the whole team is suffering from a hangover from sleeping pills.....They dinny seem to want to DO IT......I wonder what is wrong.....deep doon there must be something .....Since we brought in the Psychologist we have went doonhill big style

Celtic are fully complicit on the five way agreement and are content to have the myth over by continued it is obviously clear it suits Celtic to have a TV deal that suits both parties, the con is in and it is obvious now this is no freak season, This is the restoring of the natural order the old firm. I am not buying it next season so fuck them.
its no football anymore

the entire thing is a farce

wee clubs get it even worse than us

but really its now not about football its about market scamming and overpaid dross or underpaid dross

depending on where the tv market places you in their pecking order

scam artists are praised

but I will say well done to slippy for putting on a better show than us this season

sad to say it

but he has taken a pile of has beens and nobodies and made a pretty decent team

why them though

:(

It's not as if Barkas wasn't playing in big tournaments prior to coming to us, he was brought in to stop the goals and hasn't done it so far
I think the rough and tumble of the SPFL is beyond him, I could be wrong, but I know what I'm seeing
Yes, our defence is non existent, but he's also not commanind his box when crosses come in
Thier goal came across and through our six yard line, granted he was thinking the guy might shoot, but he went down far too easliy and was caught out of position
He tried to punch the ball too and made a hash of it
Keppers need to make the ball theirs, and frighten the shite out of anyone in their path, team mates and oppsition alike
We're hurting oncce again, but still in with a shout, even if it is help
Hh

If Barkas is still a Celtic player or isn't out on loan this time next year I'll be fucking amazed mate. The guy is a dud and the evidence was right there in his 'best of' youtube clips before he signed.

Assuming that's all true then he should've done what Rodgers did and walk.

Love him or hate the guy Rodgers knew he was being undermined and didn't stand for it.

The point you're making (assuming it's true) only proves that Lennon's a weak manager and will allow himself to be dictated to.

Thanks for helping to prove my point m8. 👍
Nae bother mate if it’s all about scoring points you win well done tell yer weans fuvkin cracking if it’s true 😂😂😂 you follow yer team through the media me I’ll deal in facts 🙌🙌well done 👍

I winder why though TET.....Surely Neil isn't that bad a manager....WTF is going on I wonder.....It looks like the whole team is suffering from a hangover from sleeping pills.....They dinny seem to want to DO IT......I wonder what is wrong.....deep doon there must be something .....Since we brought in the Psychologist we have went doonhill big style
my gut tells me its lennon

I think that dross is his master plan

but they dont suit it and he convinced if they just do it again this time it will work

he has no width despite having so many out wide

he has no centre despite on paper all being cms

he has no strength despite having some big dudes

he has no height in places you need it most

and the guys who can pass it long are waiting for the guys who cant pass long to pass it long to them coz thats the plan

And then he reinforces shit

Praises mediocrity

and throws people under the bus rather than put them in more dangerous or safer positions

he is the problem

I think he gone crazy, I suspect he on high dose of anti depressants

I’m waiting to see if Lawell comes out with any more messages of ’confidence’.
If he does then I will come to conclusion that the real reason for the confidence is that he doesn’t want to pony up for firing Lennon, Kennedy and Strachan and then paying for the replacements.

If Barkas is still a Celtic player or isn't out on loan this time next year I'll be fucking amazed mate. The guy is a dud and the evidence was right there in his 'best of' youtube clips before he signed.
I agree
Conspiracy theories abound, but this for me, is proof, that the Board have more interest in keeping the Huns alive, for the TV money, than us doing the ten
It's Scottish fitba, it's shite, and it's rough, and you need guys who are up to the task
Most Scottish guys can handle the tough going, the weather, and show up every game
Christie gets slammed from time to time, but he never gives up, Griff, Broony, CalMac, Greg Taylor, these are guys, who can grind out wins, but the way things are going, we are also battling a Board that prefers tp pad their bank balances, than make history this season|
Too many passengers and people happily cashing their paycheques, after another poor showing

the tv cameras again were directed specifically to show the number 2 shrug his shoulders when lennon talking to him

thats not a coincedence

they are deliberately highlighting everything that can be framed against them as well

they are incompetent but its no accident that they choose moments where they pulling weird clueless faces as cut scenes.

every dirty trick they can to antagonise the viewer we weren't even losing at that point

I’m waiting to see if Lawell comes out with any more messages of ’confidence’.
If he does then I will come to conclusion that the real reason for the confidence is that he doesn’t want to pony up for firing Lennon, Kennedy and Strachan and then paying for the replacements.
Lawell is more at fault than anyone, apart from Desmond maybe
He appointed NL and refuses to see what we see, week in, week out

I agree that after today all three, NL Kennedy and Strachan, have to go
It comes down to money and the Board don't give a munky's about the fans
HH

Who ever holds backroom staff responsible for fuck ups?

The manager is the guy that makes the decisions and if he's worth his salt he would quickly identify any problems in the backroom.

You might happen to disagree but don't tell me I'm talking shite when the world and his dog can see Lennon is a fucking disaster you could see from Space.
The same disaster who brought us 9 in a row. All of a sudden he has lost any experience he gained along the way.

I agree
Conspiracy theories abound, but this for me, is proof, that the Board have more interest in keeping the Huns alive, for the TV money, than us doing the ten
It's Scottish fitba, it's shite, and it's rough, and you need guys who are up to the task
Most Scottish guys can handle the tough going, the weather, and show up every game
Christie gets slammed from time to time, but he never gives up, Griff, Broony, CalMac, Greg Taylor, these are guys, who can grind out wins, but the way things are going, we are also battling a Board that prefers tp pad their bank balances, than make history this season|
Too many passengers and people happily cashing their paycheques, after another poor showing
silent on all major issues

but building fences and refusing to address any communication about all serious issues

I agree
I mind we were playing I think it was Arbroath, away....years ago in the cup ....A freezin nicht...freezin fog job....aw the players had layers on, gloves on the works......Broony runs oot the tunnel..wi short sleeved top on...nae gloves......

Back