Celtic v St Johnstone, Saturday 16th Mar, Celtic Park 3pm kick off

Gary67

Last game before international borefest for 2 weeks. McGregor, Hatate & Palma out injured, Yang suspended but CCV hopefully back.
Levein will play his usual eye-bleeding 'style' of football hoping to catch us out with a long punt over the top (worked for Livvy on Sunday).

CCV & Kyogo for Welsh & Idah and go with the rest that started on Sunday

Hart
AJ CCV Scales Taylor
O'Riley Iwata Bernardo
Kuhn Kyogo Maeda

Subs Bain Welsh Ralston Holm Kelly Forrest Idah Oh Vata

It won't be pretty but should win with a couple to spare. 3-1

Sounds about right Gaz aktgough I wouldn't start with Bernardo in midfield. Better off with our own young man Kelly or Holm for me then hope Calmac can return after the break along with Hatate.
It's been a long season watching the team struggle at home I don't see this being any different . The ask is 3 points and see where that leaves us before the break. We go into most games these days with uncertainty so we will need everybody giving there all for 90+ mins.

Last game before international borefest for 2 weeks. McGregor, Hatate & Palma out injured, Yang suspended but CCV hopefully back.
Levein will play his usual eye-bleeding 'style' of football hoping to catch us out with a long punt over the top (worked for Livvy on Sunday).

CCV & Kyogo for Welsh & Idah and go with the rest that started on Sunday

Hart
AJ CCV Scales Taylor
O'Riley Iwata Bernardo
Kuhn Kyogo Maeda

Subs Bain Welsh Ralston Holm Kelly Forrest Idah Oh Vata

It won't be pretty but should win with a couple to spare. 3-1
I would have holm or kelly for Bernardo,,,said it a thousand times wouldn’t have him and oriley as our midfield…

I don't think O'Riley & Bernardo work well very often in the same midfield, so I would bring in Holm for a bit of steel into the midfield.

Hart
AJ CCV Scales Taylor
O'Riley Iwata Holm
Kuhn Kyogo Maeda
Avril Levein will play his usual cautious cagey football. So we need to do the hard work, show some trickery to win the break-through and above all, be patient.

At the moment, any win will do.

I'd be going with...

Big Joe

AJ CCV Scales Taylor

IWATA

O'Riely Kelly

Kuhn Idah Maeda...

If CCV is a doubt get the Rock in...

IWATA as a holding mid and give young Kelly a deserved start beside Matt..

Play Idah and give the wingers another option of crossing as well as jinking in'n'oot..

3 nuffin to the hoops... Kuhn Kelly and Kyogo for a special K day 😏🍻....

Watching Dundee v dons🤷‍♂️we need to bin this fuckin nonsense var,,our lot have not got the first clue how to administer it,,a nothing ball into the dons box,.ball gets cleared then var stop proceedings,took about four minutes to decide to send ref to monitor??we know wits next!!!it’s farcical..

Watching Dundee v dons🤷‍♂️we need to bin this fuckin nonsense var,,our lot have not got the first clue how to administer it,,a nothing ball into the dons box,.ball gets cleared then var stop proceedings,took about four minutes to decide to send ref to monitor??we know wits next!!!it’s farcical..
Thing is if it’s clear and obvious why does it take four minutes??

I've just seen the highlights and it looked like a clear handball - why did that take 4 minutes? It is so infuriating.
To find a get out frame to justify thier decisions, any VAR check involving Celtic takes four times longer than any other team , no matter how obvious the foul or penalty or off side they will go to extreme lengths to stop a Celtic goal wonder why?

Last edited:
I'd be going with...

Big Joe

AJ CCV Scales Taylor

IWATA

O'Riely Kelly

Kuhn Idah Maeda...

If CCV is a doubt get the Rock in...

IWATA as a holding mid and give young Kelly a deserved start beside Matt..

Play Idah and give the wingers another option of crossing as well as jinking in'n'oot..

3 nuffin to the hoops... Kuhn Kelly and Kyogo for a special K day 😏🍻....
That’s the Team for me (there’s a song in there) I’d go with Cdah upfront at home get the crosses in with the mids latching on the loose baw fast pass fast pass fast
Iwata to score
3-1
Mon the Hoops

HH🍀

I heard that Larsson was doubtful for this game.

BTW. How good was Marc Rieper? I thought he was one of our most under-appreciated players in the last 40 odd years. It was a shame he suffered from a bad toe injury.
Yeah he was a good player unlucky with injuries I always think of this game when I think of him

Attachments

• celtic-goalscorers-marc-rieper-henrik-larsson-and-craig-burley-celebrate-G49K9R.jpg
    celtic-goalscorers-marc-rieper-henrik-larsson-and-craig-burley-celebrate-G49K9R.jpg
    190.4 KB · Views: 2
I heard that Larsson was doubtful for this game.

BTW. How good was Marc Rieper? I thought he was one of our most under-appreciated players in the last 40 odd years. It was a shame he suffered from a bad toe injury.
Jackie Mack was a supreme box to box player he was also great at last ditch tackles and ffs great at blocks on goal
And a genuinely nice guy

HH🍀

Members online

Latest posts

Back