Celtic v St Mirren - Scottish Premiership Saturday 30 January, kick-off 3pm - all comments here

We could all write a book on where it's went wrong.
I'm of the opinion that he has tried to protect these young players and possibly protected himself. 10IAR season aint the time to start blooding players and while results were what they were.
I've no sympathy either for a man who is paid fortunes a week. I just try to have a bit of balance and see 2 sides. I see lots of people (present company excluded) who appear to think it ONLY him to blame. This is only getting worse as the games 'peter' by. Griffiths has had the same issue with every manager at every Club.
I haven't met him and can't comment on the man personally but you have and are allowed that opinion.
I don't think there are too many fans saying it is ONLY Neil to blame. I think you'll find the vast majority of people are saying the blame lies with a number of people. The poor management of our CEO Lawwell, the non-existence of our Chairman, the hiding of our billionaire largest share holder who appears only takes money out of the club and the appalling attitudes of so many players who have downed tools.

Lennon says he has to take ultimate responsibility and then follows that up with a list of reasons why it is other people's fault and not his. I have lost times of the number of times he has said "I don't know" when asked what is wrong - well try to find out then, as this has been going on for 4-5 months at least!

He has also started repeating the line that we are doing exactly the same in training as we were when we were winning last season. Well here's a wee tip on successfully managing people - if what you are doing has so clearly stopped working then how about trying to freshen it up a little bit! Maybe the players are bored of your one dimensional training methods, or maybe those methods work best when you are trying to continue a winning run but you need to tweak them a little/ a lot when trying to reignite the spark in a team???

A good coach and manager (or trusted assistants if they are honest enough to themselves to admit that this is not one of their strengths) will employ different techniques to get the best out of their team and individuals depending on the current circumstances.

Last edited:
I don't know. With Peter Lawwell going and a new CE coming in, is it the case that Celtic want to allow the new CE to make all the decisions regarding the management team and that is why nothing is happening?

I suppose hiring a new CE and then sacking the management team before he has started might have led to even more turmoil?

Is there an ongoing plan being put together for next season that needs time to come together?

They surely must understand the magnitude of what needs done now.

I don't know. With Peter Lawwell going and a new CE coming in, is it the case that Celtic want to allow the new CE to make all the decisions regarding the management team and that is why nothing is happening?

I suppose hiring a new CE and then sacking the management team before he has started might have led to even more turmoil?

Is there an ongoing plan being put together for next season that needs time to come together?

I think the "ongoing plan" is a bit like our matchday "tactics" - just a vague concept that doesn't seem to have any substance. We seem to be flying by the seat of our pants at every single level both on the pitch and in the boardroom.

More like Pete boy doesnā€™t want the rap for firing a legend.
Ahh..Dominic there you are. Your first task for today is...

The thing is right now I actually do not give a fuck anymore, upwards and onwards for there is no more lows to give than that pish, thank fuck.
I know what you mean Boab, watching a game which is essentially a dead rubber completely takes the edge of things. As far as this season goes I'm never really surprised at the ongoing poor performances. Even the games where we scraped by with a win have been hard watching; thing is, I'm not even angry anymore, I've long since accepted the fact that we're in serious decline, which leads me to expect a poor performance. Got to say though, I absolutely DO care, so anger is replaced with frustration at the lack of action from DD & company.

Yes i take your point, he's the manager and he's culpable. Made lots of strange decisions this year without a doubt. I think he's said on many occasion its ultimately him thats responsible.
I agree players not playing for him but they're not playing for the Club or us more importantly, we pay their wages. They're not even playing for themselves.
I have no issue with him calling out what we see.
Read the boards on a gameday and we share the same opinion as him regards these players.
I'm not sure who else people want him to play. If he'd put out a youth team and we got pumped
5-0 yesterday then i doubt there would be applause. Catch 22.
I think we're both on the same page.
Frankly it's a composite balls up. Lawwell, Lennon the players.
At any point before November change may have averted this disaster but nobody had the nerve to make the play.
Afraid all we can do now is suck it up and take the flak that is inevitably going to follow from the dark side.
Hope we can come back strong next season with a decent manager.
Hail Hail my friend.

I know what you mean Boab, watching a game which is essentially a dead rubber completely takes the edge of things. As far as this season goes I'm never really surprised at the ongoing poor performances. Even the games where we scraped by with a win have been hard watching; thing is, I'm not even angry anymore, I've long since accepted the fact that we're in serious decline, which leads me to expect a poor performance. Got to say though, I absolutely DO care, so anger is replaced with frustration at the lack of action from DD & company.
Think I am the other way round. Frustration has been replaced by anger. Or to be more accurate I should say incandescent rage.

For all we wanted PL away, it does seem a convoluted approach. So the CEO in charge of the review is already on the way out but will still have to implement the decisions of the review and the new CEO will have to work with the decisions influenced by a review body he had no part in. Or we we have another review when the new CEO takes over and we have the usual, last minute rushed deals and players/coaches bedding in lasting to October and beyond. šŸ˜¤

I don't think there are too many fans saying it is ONLY Neil to blame. I think you'll find the vast majority of people are saying the blame lies with a number of people. The poor management of our CEO Lawwell, the non-existence of our Chairman, the hiding of our billionaire largest share holder who appears only takes money out of the club and the appalling attitudes of so many players who have downed tools.

Lennon says he has to take ultimate responsibility and then follows that up with a list of reasons why it is other people's fault and not his. I have lost times of the number of times he has said "I don't know" when asked what is wrong - well try to find out then, as this has been going on for 4-5 months at least!

He has also started repeating the line that we are doing exactly the same in training as we were when we were winning last season. Well here's a wee tip on successfully managing people - if what you are doing has so clearly stopped working then how about trying to freshen it up a little bit! Maybe the players are bored of your one dimensional training methods, or maybe those methods work best when you are trying to continue a winning run but you need to tweak them a little/ a lot when trying to reignite the spark in a team???

A good coach and manager (or trusted assistants if they are honest enough to themselves to admit that this is not one of their strengths) will employ different techniques to get the best out of their team and individuals depending on the current circumstances.
You make fair points BB,

Although I don't know so much, read the pages following a bad game. It ain't nice and some of it is pretty unhinged. It also ain't nice being a Celtic supporter right now watching that gash, it used to be a highlight of the week but now it's painful. Lennon's the only guy that fronts up after every game and he's the one that has every sentence picked apart. Thats because he is the only one fronting up for the Club. The more frustration grows the worse he gets it. Calmac does an interview yesterday and not a peep about it. Wher is people calling the vice captain a disgrace ?

McGregor agreed with his manager Neil Lennonā€™s assessment that the players have let the club down.

ā€œI think we all have to take a collective responsibility,ā€ he said. ā€œThe players have said that, when we cross the line the manager canā€™t play for us, so we have to symbolise what heā€™s all about on the pitch.

ā€œThe manager tries to get his ideas across and the players are paid to implement that, and for one reason or another we havenā€™t this season.

ā€œEveryone has to take that collective responsibility and the players havenā€™t performed as well as we can.ā€

He needs to go and resign ain't in him, but the sooner this is over the better.

At any point before November change may have averted this disaster but nobody had the nerve to make the play.
Afraid all we can do now is suck it up and take the flak that is inevitably going to follow from the dark side.
Hail Hail my friend.
Agreed sir, well said, we all want the same thing
We won as a Club, so we need to lose as a Club and apportion blame in the same manner

Hail Hail my friend.
Hail Hail my friend.
After 9 years would not worry about a one year loan period, gonna be interesting watching the football authorities juggle with the concept that the winners are a club established in 1872.
The hurdles will be
1. When did unincorporated take place
2. When was the exit out of liquidation CVA accepted
3, Why is there now a new registered number at companies house
4. What does liquidation mean
5. Are we been told every newspaper outlet lied to the public when they printed their liquidation and history wiped out stories
6. Why did Hearts go for a CVA and get a certificate to announce them same club history intact
7. Why were creditors not offered a CVA
8. Why did the club lose it membership of the SFA/SPFL
9. Why did it not get second place prize money
10. If the club was not killed off why then did other clubs get to vote on it's future, considering none of a clubs debts is of any other clubs business
11. Why did Dave King say he would bring the old club out of liquidation
12. What did Walter Smith mean he wishes the new club every success
13. Why did player walk away
14.Why did Donald Findlay QC say the new entity had to make it's own history
I am sure there are more but, to be honest, was just checking that there really was not much to have to suck up.

What has NL done to Callam McGregor? He used to be one of our most consistent players, I fell the captain's arm band is stifling his game. He seems to go missing in games too now. Is he burnt out with to much football,? Canny be as they all had 4 months off during the 1st lockdown. Rogic too has lost his sparkle, when was the last time you saw any of them looking pumped up, enthusiastic? They're all walking around like they've the weight of the world on their shoulders.
NL is not a positive person, negativity is contagious, it's spread around our dressing room faster than the new variant.
The vaccine has been around for a very long time, there is no problem at the factory, it's widely approved, it's a one dose deal no hanging around. All that seems to be missing is someone to administer it.
In the mean time, it's the patient that's suffering.

You make fair points BB,

Although I don't know so much, read the pages following a bad game. It ain't nice and some of it is pretty unhinged. It also ain't nice being a Celtic supporter right now watching that gash, it used to be a highlight of the week but now it's painful. Lennon's the only guy that fronts up after every game and he's the one that has every sentence picked apart. Thats because he is the only one fronting up for the Club. The more frustration grows the worse he gets it. Calmac does an interview yesterday and not a peep about it. Wher is people calling the vice captain a disgrace ?

McGregor agreed with his manager Neil Lennonā€™s assessment that the players have let the club down.

ā€œI think we all have to take a collective responsibility,ā€ he said. ā€œThe players have said that, when we cross the line the manager canā€™t play for us, so we have to symbolise what heā€™s all about on the pitch.

ā€œThe manager tries to get his ideas across and the players are paid to implement that, and for one reason or another we havenā€™t this season.

ā€œEveryone has to take that collective responsibility and the players havenā€™t performed as well as we can.ā€

He needs to go and resign ain't in him, but the sooner this is over the better.
If the manager tries to get his ideas across and canā€™t succeed that equals failure in my book. Forget the excuses Cal the manager carries the can for tactics that cant be understood and subsequent shit performances. End of.

Back