Celtic vs. RB Leipzig. All comments here.

Fantastic performance on and off the park from Celtic .Every single player did what was asked of him.Don't pick on players tonight when we should all be celebrating. It's not every week we can beat a team as strong as that.
Tonight Eduarde showed why we paid £9m for him.
Spot on ! Edouard was brilliant!

WOW! What a performance that was, absolutely outstanding display from the bhoys. Leipzig are a top top side and we outfought, outthought and outplayed them for most of the 90. Heroes all over the pitch tonight, they played with all the courage, tenacity, aggression and heart we've been crying out for. Our passing, movement and pace was top notch and Leipzig just couldn't get to grips with it and the reaction to their goal was f*****g awesome. It would have been so easy for the heads to go down after that because we had put so much effort into the game only to be hit with a sickener so late on but to go up the pitch and score so quickly was nothing short of phenomenal.

Couldn't be prouder of BR and the bhoys tonight that was a proper Celtic performance on the European stage and a great game of football against a really good side. The only gripe would be Lustig's performance but that's a discussion for another day, for now we should just applaud the bhoys and enjoy the moment!

WOW! What a performance that was, absolutely outstanding display from the bhoys. Leipzig are a top top side and we outfought, outthought and outplayed them for most of the 90. Heroes all over the pitch tonight, they played with all the courage, tenacity, aggression and heart we've been crying out for. Our passing, movement and pace was top notch and Leipzig just couldn't get to grips with it and the reaction to their goal was f*****g awesome. It would have been so easy for the heads to go down after that because we had put so much effort into the game only to be hit with a sickener so late on but to go up the pitch and score so quickly was nothing short of phenomenal.

Couldn't be prouder of BR and the bhoys tonight that was a proper Celtic performance on the European stage and a great game of football against a really good side. The only gripe would be Lustig's performance but that's a discussion for another day, for now we should just applaud the bhoys and enjoy the moment!
It's the difference between facing your man, running directly at them, and scaring the bejesus out of them.

These lads are top 4 in the Bundesliga and spent a trolley load of cash. Excellent side, but not used to that pace or that energy.

It's only one game, but there were signs of life against Zenit and Bayern last season.

On the back of the last 4/5 weeks, we're beginning to look like a cracking good football team.

It's the difference between facing your man, running directly at them, and scaring the bejesus out of them.

These lads are top 4 in the Bundesliga and spent a trolley load of cash. Excellent side, but not used to that pace or that energy.

It's only one game, but there were signs of life against Zenit and Bayern last season.

On the back of the last 4/5 weeks, we're beginning to look like a cracking good football team.
There is no point me saying the same^^^

Aside of the first 15 minutes where we were generally finding our feet against high tempo pressure,
Eddie learned more tonight of what he can do and should be doing and especially with his back to goal, than he likely would all season in the SPFL. If he can take that knowledge and experience that he can hold and turn players of that level, he will become the complete striker for Celtic.

Agreed matey, I’ve always thought that was Eddies weak link with his back to goal as he likes a ball in front of him but tonite he was great

Sincy seemed to be playing further up the park like a second striker.....gave french eddy a link and I think that made a difference.

I mentioned that last week mate... CalMac seems to get the ball out wide and faster.. sinks gets a pass in front of him so he can run with ball at pace... can’t mind the thread now but I did say that CalMac has made Sinky look more confident and better

It's a building block. We haven't done it in years. Ever. Past the cold hard winter. Too early still for that. I'll tell you something , Benkovic ( speed spell )
Has the wee bug. Good. If man U do ok they will forget about getting thier average home grown quota quenched.
My biggest trophy for the night goes to Eddie.
This guy is a pup don't forget that. He has seriously picked up the gauntlet. The pressure, the price tag , mates departed. I have the up most respect for that young man

It's a building block. We haven't done it in years. Ever. Past the cold hard winter. Too early still for that. I'll tell you something , Benkovic ( speed spell )
Has the wee bug. Good. If man U do ok they will forget about getting thier average home grown quota quenched.
My biggest trophy for the night goes to Eddie.
This guy is a pup don't forget that. He has seriously picked up the gauntlet. The pressure, the price tag , mates departed. I have the up most respect for that young man
Spot on BBB......That's a big responsibility on young shoulders.

Tend to forget he's still a baby because of the physique.

That was a 30 million quid performance tonight

I know Maria won't agree with me here, but broony has his work cut out for him to displace McGregor on his current form in that position. He's getting better in that position the more games he gets!
I wasn’t confident any of the current squad could step up to the mark and really give Broony pressure for his starting spot. After the current run of form Broony will really have to fight for his spot back. Broony is the man though and I’m confident this will only spur him on to hit top level when he’s back from injury as he’s not had his postion in the team tested in years! HH?

Hey folks, I've seen some conflicting ideas and I've not got a scoobie so can someone let us know if the league table is decided on goal difference or head to heads in the first instance? Cheers in advance ?

Members online

Latest posts

Back