Champions League Qualifier - FC Midtjylland

Who will progress to the next round of the Champions League

• Celtic

Votes: 27 75.0%
  • Midtjylland

Votes: 9 25.0%

• Total voters
Soon they will get it, Celtic fans no longer want to listen to negative shite to get our attention, Dinosaur clyde is finished, soup dragons all scratching a living off Celtics back like fleas on a rabid dog. Fans forums will be the way forward, our opinions are as valid as any made up media shite and its free.
👍👍

As the manager said a month ago, we need players in yesterday. Nothing has changed in the intervening month. Why are we not targeting and signing SPFL players who can come in, hit the ground running with minimal settling in time and immediately improve the team. Japanese wingers, Swedish centre half, 19 year old projects, we can sign them all but can we wait for them to come good. CL is already a lost cause, we need to get our act together quickly or the EL will be as well.
Jason Kerr, or even Ryan Porteous would be better than what we have and are young enough to improve under Ange.
Lewis Ferguson or Ali McCann, could come in given that Ntcham and Christie are on the way out and we will be short on midfielders.
Kevin Nesbit should be signed instead of the waste of space that is Griffiths.
Left field suggestion, Martin Boyle for RB.
There seems to be a bit of anti SPFL snobbery amongst some in our support but look at the big teams across Europe and one of the things they are very good at is signing the best of the rest in their own league.

As the manager said a month ago, we need players in yesterday. Nothing has changed in the intervening month. Why are we not targeting and signing SPFL players who can come in, hit the ground running with minimal settling in time and immediately improve the team. Japanese wingers, Swedish centre half, 19 year old projects, we can sign them all but can we wait for them to come good. CL is already a lost cause, we need to get our act together quickly or the EL will be as well.
Jason Kerr, or even Ryan Porteous would be better than what we have and are young enough to improve under Ange.
Lewis Ferguson or Ali McCann, could come in given that Ntcham and Christie are on the way out and we will be short on midfielders.
Kevin Nesbit should be signed instead of the waste of space that is Griffiths.
Left field suggestion, Martin Boyle for RB.
There seems to be a bit of anti SPFL snobbery amongst some in our support but look at the big teams across Europe and one of the things they are very good at is signing the best of the rest in their own league.
I 100% agree about getting in a few of the best Scottish based players. I argued with fans about buying Turnbull before we were first linked with him but so many ridiculed him cos he only played for Motherwell. These players might be less skillful but are also less of a gamble as they are already settled, know about the league and have performed well already.

I would have tried to buy Nisbet in January. I don't care if his allegiances do not lie with Celtic - many of our greats did not start out as Celts but they ended up with Celtic in their hearts.

I 100% agree about getting in a few of the best Scottish based players. I argued with fans about buying Turnbull before we were first linked with him but so many ridiculed him cos he only played for Motherwell. These players might be less skillful but are also less of a gamble as they are already settled, know about the league and have performed well already.

I would have tried to buy Nisbet in January. I don't care if his allegiances do not lie with Celtic - many of our greats did not start out as Celts but they ended up with Celtic in their hearts.

Wasn't Abada in as a trialist at the weekend, I've a feeling he needs to wait on a work permit being granted so couldn't be added to the European squad.
Sounds feasible 50...or realistically Ange may think he just isn't ready after what would be maybe 3 or 4 training sessions. Games into the legs is also required at this time in pre season so he will probably play on Saturday.
But then again he is probably fitter than the Griff all be it that's a long played out debate.
Hopefully we see Abada in the return game if needed. But I think for sure we are relying on the current squad without any new faces to get us through this tie and probably against the wee huns as well. We are definitely living in hope rather than belief at the moment and I think Ange's refreshingly honest pressers have reflected this.

Afternoon all. So competitive season rolls around again and once again we are nowhere near ready. Not looking forward to tonight - caught a bit of the game on Saturday against Preston and saw defensive frailties and a lack of cutting edge.
I hope I’m wrong, and that this is just part of a personal downer I’m on at the moment, but I just think this is going to be a tough season ahead.

Afternoon all. So competitive season rolls around again and once again we are nowhere near ready. Not looking forward to tonight - caught a bit of the game on Saturday against Preston and saw defensive frailties and a lack of cutting edge.
I hope I’m wrong, and that this is just part of a personal downer I’m on at the moment, but I just think this is going to be a tough season ahead.
No need to panic salopcelt, we may be on for a slowish start, but we will come good especially when the nonsense of the wantaways gets sorted.
Bit disappointed that more haven't left the club as would say they are still causing an unwanted stink around the place.
Need a decent preformance tonight all the same to really lift moral within the camp, and still to give us the chance to progress next week, and believe we can achieve that.

Members online

Latest posts

Back