Close season so its time for a transfer thread......

Reading there seems plenty of interest in Leo hjelde this morning and it's an area now that is of great concern as a club going forward and needs to be addressed imo.
Now Leo, with the likes of hazard, Henderson, Luca, Dembele etc etc still may be short for making the 1st team squad this season still, so how are we meant to keep there interest with such a lack of game time available?
Lowland league, my arse, as for many I believe, this would be like a form of demotion.
No reserve league available as to many clubs still struggle just to form one squad, no chance of forming 2.
Use the loan system for clubs to get these players for nothing why we pay them, they benefit, then quite happily vote against us if any plans are trying to be put in place to help expand Scottish football for the better with us playing a 2nd team within the league.
Think time has come to tell the Scottish FA to fuck off and apply to the English FA and see if its possible for us to join the u23 league.
Without putting something in place leaves all our potential young talent to be poached as the Scottish league offers them fuck all in terms of development, a shocking and disgusting state of affairs in the modern era of football.
Depriving a youngsters a proper chance to succeed is the shame and disgrace of the Scottish FA and its about time we made a stand against such a shower of bastards and the diddy clubs that support them.
It still remains a very proud tradition within our club, that is slowly been taken away from us and will continue to do so, unless we start making a stand against the shower of shite.
Rant over, now over to you DOM
That was no rant John. I think the lack of playing time for the kids at every Scottish club has created a bit of a vacuum in terms of their development. I personally don't have a problem with the lowland experiment. And remember that's virtually what it is. Auld codgers like myself will remember the days when players were " farmed out " to junior clubs to toughen them up. The late great Tam Burns for instance played at Maryhill juniors for a while. I agree with you though, the clubs have to get together and find some kind of solution to what is showing itself to be a major problem for the game.

As for the number of youngsters we've lost to other clubs, they're not leaving us to go and play first team football, they're leaving because they think it will help their development. And, of course, we've probably taken as many from other clubs using the same system. Thing is, these youngsters still have it all to prove. Chances are we won't hear of them again. But no, that was no rant, it's a great point.

The names we're being linked with is ramping up, some I've even heard of
The player agents are rubbing their hands
Next it'll be 'spotted at GLA' or 'seen getting out of a taxi at Celtic park'
"He's in the building"
3 months spent trying to get Eddie Howe in, enough of this
Used to go like this: "Here son, we are Glasgow Celtic, sign here"
Changed days sadly

HH

At least he can cross a ball.
That is a much needed attribute. However, there is little point in buying up wingers and wing backs who can fire in crosses if we don't play a striker who is capable of using this ammunition. There is certainly no-one in our side at the moment who can has shown that they can win crosses (that apart from Griff in his heyday which seems like a very long time ago now).

I remember so many fans moaning about Johnny Hayes because he would ping in crosses into good positions and none of our attackers made meaningful runs to try to get on the end of them - so naturally it was his fault for wasting the ball by crossing it to no-one!

If we are after Lee Buchannan why don't we offer Bolinngoli as a loan to buy or a free contract. Even Monty as a season long loan (with no option) would give him game time at a senior level.

Another suggestion to help our younger bhoys. Schedule a midweek game every week with our first team... half youngsters and half first team to help advance our youngsters and show a path to the first team. They will be playing against men whom they can learn from. Forget losing our best young players ....

Last edited:
That is a much needed attribute. However, there is little point in buying up wingers and wing backs who can fire in crosses if we don't play a striker who is capable of using this ammunition. There is certainly no-one in our side at the moment who can has shown that they can win crosses (that apart from Griff in his heyday which seems like a very long time ago now).

I remember so many fans moaning about Johnny Hayes because he would ping in crosses into good positions and none of our attackers made meaningful runs to try to get on the end of them - so naturally it was his fault for wasting the ball by crossing it to no-one!
Spot on pal. We can put great crosses in all day long but it's been a long time since we had a striker who can attack it and score with his head. I've a feeling our wide men will have to contribute more on the goal front.

Celtic owner Dermot Desmond has taken a hands-on role in the club's transfer business this summer, with the Irishman directly involved in deals as he helps new manager Ange Postecoglou reshape the squad

From the Record...:unsure:

Canny believe theres an argument about teirney 🙈 I've no idea the wages the boys on now but any of u saying yous wid have knocked back the prem to stay in our wee backwater is talking oot they're ass🤫 to suggest cause he is one of us he shud have showed some loyalty u need to look at the bigger picture he's probably making 100 grand a week the now and he's playing a better standard of fitbaw if celtic were in same league I've no doubt he wid have stayed but he had to put his career first he has now secured his family for generations not just his lifetime yes he wid have been a rich man anyway if he stayed at celtic but not a multi multi millionaire rich man i don't believe for a second any of you would hamper ur career for the love of the club and at same time knock back at first triple wages he's now signed a new contract to really secure himself why can't we just be proud of one of us making it in one of the big leagues🤷
I think he's just signed a new 5 year contract worth about £28m to him.
That's him set for life

Back