Close season so its time for a transfer thread......

I think he's just signed a new 5 year contract worth about £28m to him.
That's him set for life
Aye see but theres apparently people on here who wid have knocked back going to arsenal for all that money he was always gonny make mega bucks cause he was only gonny get even better playing against world class players fair play to the bhoy wish him nothing but success

Aye see but theres apparently people on here who wid have knocked back going to arsenal for all that money he was always gonny make mega bucks cause he was only gonny get even better playing against world class players fair play to the bhoy wish him nothing but success
I would've went to a Spanish team instead, better lifestyle & weather.

I see that sevco are being linked with Gary Cahill. He is 35 and just been released by Crystal Palace, so is a free agent. Although he doesn't suit our usual business model, would he worth a punt for us to try to bring some experience and stability to our back line? His influence on our youngsters on a day-to-day basis in training would probably help their development too.

OK, maybe not!

I see that sevco are being linked with Gary Cahill. He is 35 and just been released by Crystal Palace, so is a free agent. Although he doesn't suit our usual business model, would he worth a punt for us to try to bring some experience and stability to our back line? His influence on our youngsters on a day-to-day basis in training would probably help their development too.

OK, maybe not!
Hope we're not going to start turning the club into an OAP home for footballers BB.
Sevco scum (SS) can continue with that model

OK, maybe not!
Cahill for a season whilst we sort our shambolic scouting and recruitment department at the club wouldn't be the worst shout. Still reasonably quick and comfortable on the ball, he would help organise the defence and help bring on the youngsters.

OK, maybe not!

Better off wi Tim Cahill ....and he's retired 2 years

Hope we're not going to start turning the club into an OAP home for footballers BB.
Sevco scum (SS) can continue with that model
I don't think one oldie turns us into a an OAP home. Think of it more like Sheltered Housing where our many youngsters do all the running around and the auld fella keeps them right! Plus Cahill has always seemed to keep himself quite fit and is younger than the Italian Euro winning pair (but not as good admittedly).

I don't think one oldie turns us into a an OAP home. Think of it more like Sheltered Housing where our many youngsters do all the running around and the auld fella keeps them right! Plus Cahill has always seemed to keep himself quite fit and is younger than the Italian Euro winning pair (but not as good admittedly).
Can't fault that BB, and Cahill has been a model pro throughout his career.
Still don't think he falls into the type of player we are looking for as there seems more of a long term structure trying to be put in place more so than a emergency plan.
What I wouldn't rule out is getting the likes of Cahill more as a potential player coaching role, could still do the emergency role and would be happy enough to have him as our defensive coach and could be of great assistance to Ange going forward imo.

I am one of those people of which you speak. God love him he was only earning fag money playing for Celtic. A wee bit like Scott Brown. Stupid cunt wasted his career at celtic winning bucket loads of medals for what? Only to be tossed outta the club after fourteen years. How will his family ever survive? I just can't sleep at night worrying about these lads on shite dough playing for their supposed "boyhood club".
But fuck it I would chuck that all away for a few more pound, but it's not greed. I always wanted to go to a team where I would win fuck all. But we'll dress that up as ambition and maybe someday when I'm fucked I'll get back to bullshit the support again with my loudspeaker in front of the green brigade.
8million 18million 28million 38million 100million what's the fuckin difference. There's no towbar on the hearse!

Hes shit with the ball at feet but he can pull of a save first heard this rumour few month ago and thought no way fuck that but now the position we're in times getting on he may not be a bad shout 🤷
He's worth a punt, look who was firing shots at him in the PL then look at what he'll be facing in the SPL. He may not be too clever with the ball at his feet but as I remember he was always a good shot stopper and he was always under the cosh at West Ham and Burnley he's better than anything at Celtic Park just now

Members online

Back