Close season so its time for a transfer thread......

Brilliant strike, not so sure I would feel comfortable with a RB so high up when under pressure, but the quality of the take down and the running with the ball and a sublime finish shows there is certainly a footballer within him, think its going to be another great signing imo
If Ralston continues his siperb form then he should retain the jersey. But Juravnovic seems to have a lot of skill, speed and attacking instincts so maybe Ange will introduce him into the team in a role playing in front of AR?

It would give Forrest and Abada a rest and doesn't wholly expose the new lad to such high risk mistakes in his early games which can often lead to grumblings about our new signings.

If Ralston continues his siperb form then he should retain the jersey. But Juravnovic seems to have a lot of skill, speed and attacking instincts so maybe Ange will introduce him into the team in a role playing in front of AR?

It would give Forrest and Abada a rest and doesn't wholly expose the new lad to such high risk mistakes in his early games which can often lead to grumblings about our new signings.
Agree with that, but we need a couple of players for each position for a seasons work, and we really need for them to be like for like in tougher games. Tony deserves a run in the team and having someone chasing his jersey can only help him, from the games I've attended so far he has been great 75% of the time but still seems on occasion to lose concentration.

It is being reported down south that Brentford actually paid £17.5m for Ajer rather than the £13m originally whispered. IF this is true then it makes our stance in the negotiations for the signature of Georgios Giakoumakis all the more baffling. If we feel that we need him (and we obviously do seeing as we have had a bid accepted by his club) then use some of the proceeds from the sales of Ajer, Klimala, Bayo, Hendry, etc, and the wages saved on Duffy, Ellyanoussi, etc, then get him in.

He is definitely affordable for us and his salary should easily fit in our wage structure (if it doesn't then don't waste all this time negotiating, move onto the next target), so I do not understand why it is taking us so long to complete the deal. And yes, I negotiate contracts in my day job so I understand what is involved in complex negotiation processes!

It is being reported down south that Brentford actually paid £17.5m for Ajer rather than the £13m originally whispered. IF this is true then it makes our stance in the negotiations for the signature of Georgios Giakoumakis all the more baffling. If we feel that we need him (and we obviously do seeing as we have had a bid accepted by his club) then use some of the proceeds from the sales of Ajer, Klimala, Bayo, Hendry, etc, and the wages saved on Duffy, Ellyanoussi, etc, then get him in.

He is definitely affordable for us and his salary should easily fit in our wage structure (if it doesn't then don't waste all this time negotiating, move onto the next target), so I do not understand why it is taking us so long to complete the deal. And yes, I negotiate contracts in my day job so I understand what is involved in complex negotiation processes!
Thats if we even are in for him we've been linked with alot of players we canny be talking to them all am I right in saying this guys only had one good season??

At this late stage in the window BB, I would guess its the player stalling and waiting to see if a better offer comes along.
Think we have already shown that if that's the case we are prepared to move on, hence the Nesbitt rumours.
We also have to take into account the age of the player, when signing for us is possibly the last chance for getting the getting the biggest contract available to them.
And with the success Ange has had so far in spotting potential great players, most clubs now will be taken notice, so now if we are linked to a player, a few clubs now might be thinking he must be good and could outbid us still

Thats if we even are in for him we've been linked with alot of players we canny be talking to them all am I right in saying this guys only had one good season??
Its not that we are being linked with him but that we have had a bid accepted for him, so it looks like we are serious about trying to buy him. I don't think his previous goals scoring figures were anywhere near last season's but that is up to our scouts and coaches to analyse. If they decide that he is the right fit and he is affordable and all things fit within our budget then get the deal closed out as soon as possible (but you'd hope that initial enquiries would have established this long before you reach this stage of negotiations), or else move on.

Pleased if this is true, didn't see him fitting into our stye of play, VVV Venlo play very direct hitting long balls to him.
Hopefully we've moved onto securing Kevin Nisbet who could potentially be very good for us.
Was just reading this so who knows and tbh I'm not in a position to say if hed fit into Anges style but we could use a goalscorer especially one who was dutch league top scorer for a relegated side. I'm sure hed fit in well
Celtic in ‘pole position’ – Greek journalist offers Giakoumakis update via @OneFootball. Read it here:

Wouldn't know what to believe at this stage now.
Still think there is a place within the squad for a good target man to offer a different option in attack especially in Scottish football.
Still lacking a CF who can mix it with a CB and prepared to go in and get his head onto the ball into the box.
Expecting teams to start dropping deeper against us soon, so not as easy to play through them, and if getting better quality from FB with delivery into the area then having someone to get onto the end of such balls remains a must imo.

Members online

Latest posts

Back